SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Message on Athletics

fightingsioux4life

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

Should be titled, "Stop me if you've read this before".  

How many times is he going to write the same editorial?  Getting embarrassing for him.

Two people in the Forum I refuse to read.....Jane Ahlin and McFooly

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sorry for the non-sequitur here, but a while back an NDSUer asked me to substantiate my claim that NDSU needed to cut athletics by up to 15% as well. So, here it is:

Source: https://www.scribd.com/document/320333047/Response-Redacted page 40 of 143

The amount of State funds going to NDSU athletics is much smaller than the amount of state funds UND uses for athletics, so any cuts would be smaller than UND's. 

Folks, love him or hate him, getting everyone at NDSU pulling on the same rope, getting everyone pulling for the greater benefit of NDSU, was Joe Chapman's greatest accomplishment. 

UND needs to start acting that way. Kennedy's asking (or maybe more, now that he's said it) for exactly that. Good for him. 

• Upvote 3

Call it the tweener between Kelley and Schafer:

- Kelley was the let's hear everyone ... and then he couldn't make a decision.
- Schafer was the give me the information and I'll decide guy. 

Kennedy wants to hear folks' thoughts; but he's putting folks on notice that the decisions are his. This is the second time he's said it (see also the IAC letter). Apparently he's letting the folks that loved Kelley know that he's no Kelley. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Call it the tweener between Kelley and Schafer:

- Kelley was the let's hear everyone ... and then he couldn't make a decision.
- Schafer was the give me the information and I'll decide guy. 

Kennedy wants to hear folks' thoughts; but he's putting folks on notice that the decisions are his. This is the second time he's said it (see also the IAC letter). Apparently he's letting the folks that loved Kelley know that he's no Kelley. 

Well thank God for that.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

don't you guys even take Labor Day off from monitoring Sioux Sports? 

I don't completely disagree with what he said but it's funny coming from a school who president flip flops on decisions depending on fan base reaction.  

A true politician no doubt.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, homer said:

I don't completely disagree with what he said but it's funny coming from a school who president flip flops on decisions depending on fan base reaction.  

A true politician no doubt.  

Why are you using present tense? It's our former president you speak of and everyone thought he was a jackass. He flip flopped cause he is a pussy.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Other than the letting the committee look into the issue what decision has he made yet on this topic?

When your decision making is always done via committee, it's not a position of strength.  People generally want people leading them that make decisions, and do it quickly.  It builds trust for that individual, even though you might not agree with every decision.  

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Herd said:

When your decision making is always done via committee, it's not a position of strength.  People generally want people leading them that make decisions, and do it quickly.  It builds trust for that individual, even though you might not agree with every decision.  

I agree that Kennedy shouldn't be making decisions via committee.  My hope is that he is looking for input from the committee and will take that into account while making his decision.  He hasn't made any decisions by committee yet as far as I know.

On 9/5/2016 at 7:34 PM, geaux_sioux said:

The decision making is not being done by this committee. What don't you get about that?

He missed where Kennedy has publicly stated, twice, that he has review committees in place (Athletics, and campus) to gather and evaluate information but that the final decisions reside with him. 

On 9/5/2016 at 10:01 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Other than the letting the committee look into the issue what decision has he made yet on this topic?

No decisions have been made yet, but I think it would have shown true leadership for Kennedy to come out and immediately quash the idea that going back to DII is on the table, as suggested by the committee chairperson.  Maybe he feels like he needs to let the committee do its work before undercutting them publicly, but that statement, left unchecked, could actually do damage to recruiting. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mksioux said:

No decisions have been made yet, but I think it would have shown true leadership for Kennedy to come out and immediately quash the idea that going back to DII is on the table, as suggested by the committee chairperson.  Maybe he feels like he needs to let the committee do its work before undercutting them publicly, but that statement, left unchecked, could actually do damage to recruiting. 

That should be off the table and never be mentioned again.