283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 7/26/2016 at 3:03 PM, The Sicatoka said:

I was looking for UND's color palette (Football uniform thread) and I stumbled across this:

http://blogs.und.edu/fightinghawks/wp-content/uploads/sites/62/2016/03/UND-Fighting-Hawks-Brand-Identity-Development-Creative-Brief-03.24.16.pdf

It's good information. 

Did we get a "primary mark" and a separate "primary icon?"

On July 26, 2016 at 6:55 AM, dagies said:

He just found out "making America great again!" didn't include a return of UND using the Fighting Sioux nickname.

Ya never know. Political correctness run amok is one of the talking points of one of the prez candidates. Maybe the wheels could be rolled back, even if only that much.   :D

On 7/26/2016 at 3:03 PM, The Sicatoka said:

I was looking for UND's color palette (Football uniform thread) and I stumbled across this:

http://blogs.und.edu/fightinghawks/wp-content/uploads/sites/62/2016/03/UND-Fighting-Hawks-Brand-Identity-Development-Creative-Brief-03.24.16.pdf

It's good information. 

What are the brand identity elements to be explored?

Hawk:
1. Explore options in motion and possibly diving/attacking/wings spread – not static.
2. The exploration of movement within the hawk should examine how it perseveres in North Dakota’s 
intense environment/climate.
3. Should feel dynamic, powerful, free and strong.
4. Consideration should be given to a hawk watching over North Dakota.
5. The eye of the hawk and its talons present elements to be considered for additional exploration.
6. Indigenous North Dakota hawks.

North Dakota Inspiration:
1. The Great Plains/Open Landscapes/Agriculture/Badlands.
2. Big Sky/Northern Lights/Stars/North Star/Sundogs.
3. Perseverance in an intense environment/climate.

UND Inspiration:
1. Eternal Flame.
2. Exploration/Innovation.
3. Aviation.
4. State Institution.

Design Direction?
1. Contemporary design.
2. Dimensional, not flat.
3. Explore new ways to integrate historic/traditional elements and state iconography.
4. Bold and iconic.

1 minute ago, dakotadan said:

I can't say that I can pick out a single bullet point from that list and claim it describes the new logo. 

Much like the requirements for a new nickname were ignored, looks like all of these suggestions were also ignored as well.  Just add it to the nickname/logo frustration pile I guess!! :)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Much like the requirements for a new nickname were ignored, looks like all of these suggestions were also ignored as well.  Just add it to the nickname/logo frustration pile I guess!! :)

Exactly!

On 7/24/2016 at 8:56 AM, Oxbow6 said:

So how does the fact no UND fan/alum I know or associate with owns anything FHs on it, not even NC gear which was available, nor have I seen more than a handful of individuals wearing anything FHs on it in the F-M where I live?

I have one shirt with FH on it, its a National Champion hockey shirt with Fighting Hawks on it, no logo except the interlocking ND. When shirts with logos are on them there will be more FH gear slowly creeping into society. Fargo is a bad example as shops are limited with UND gear to begin with. Give it a good 5-10 years and you will see more and more FH gear everywhere.