SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 bracket challenge

jimdahl

Ok, I think I have the bracket working with the new forum login. It's a little different than in the past, it should just recognize you if you're logged in, but you still have to hit save / load buttons.

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/bracket.php

Who will join the illustrious list below? One of these years, UND will win and we'll have a 40-way tie.

2015 WiSioux
2014 johndahl
2013 FSSD/Brainerd Sioux
2012 mj3und
2011 tho0505
2009 Big A HG
2008 willtippen
2007 seanpc03
2006 teamsioux
2005 mynameiscuomo
2004 paul62/BigGreyAnt41/brew003/UP2SKI

Let me know of any problems with either submission or the layout of the bracket (e.g. do the matches look right?)

7 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

Ok, I think I have the bracket working with the new forum login. It's a little different than in the past, it should just recognize you if you're logged in, but you still have to hit save / load buttons.

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/bracket.php

Who will join the illustrious list below? One of these years, UND will win and we'll have a 40-way tie.

2015 WiSioux
2014 johndahl
2013 FSSD/Brainerd Sioux
2012 mj3und
2011 tho0505
2009 Big A HG
2008 willtippen
2007 seanpc03
2006 teamsioux
2005 mynameiscuomo
2004 paul62/BigGreyAnt41/brew003/UP2SKI

Let me know of any problems with either submission or the layout of the bracket (e.g. do the matches look right?)

When I hit save picks they all disappear and I can't load them back.

10 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

When I hit save picks they all disappear and I can't load them back.

Hmmm... I see that they were saved correctly. 

A few other people have also submitted picks, I assume you guys can see them after you submit them?

I'm at a bit of a loss, in that's it the same code that magically updates the bracket choices as you fill out (e.g. that only makes the semifinal winners available as choices for the championship game) that populates it with your picks when you hit load or save. I also just tested on every browser/platform I could get my hands on and it worked on all, even IE :)

What device/browser/OS are you using when it doesn't work?

3 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

I'm at a bit of a loss, in that's it the same code that magically updates the bracket choices as you fill out (e.g. that only makes the semifinal winners available as choices for the championship game) that populates it with your picks when you hit load or save. I also just tested on every browser/platform I could get my hands on and it worked on all, even IE :)

What device/browser/OS are you using when it doesn't work?

I'm using Internet Explorer.

It may just be this computer. I can try again on a different one and report back later today.

Ugh, I'm such a homer. I have filled out three brackets thus far and I just CANNOT bring myself to put anyone else on that National Champion line. I want to do it for the sake of improving my money chance. I just can't do it.

For the first time since the Pony Express, I can not only see it happening, I really feel like we are the odds on favorite. Gonna be a long week. I can't wait.

25 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I did what I always did; I picked against the home town team. With my spotty record on sports predictions, I hope that helps us raise #8. :p

I do that too.  The last time I picked UND to get out of the regional/win it all was the year we got spanked by BC in Denver.

• Upvote 1

Well, most years I don't fill out a bracket...and when I do, I end up picking the good guys. This year, I took a different route. I officially have St. Cloud over BC for the title. Other than a couple blips, they've been the most consistent, and have the depth to do it. Plus, even though they have a really tough regional, it will be friendly territory.