SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 bracket challenge

jimdahl

4 hours ago, Hayduke said:

DU vs. BC in the championship.  BC wins.  

Regional Champs:

DU

BC

Quinipiac or however you spell that school's name. 

Michigan.  

I hope I am so, so wrong about UND, but I have a bad feeling... 

What about it? Their 30 wins or their 6 losses? I just don't understand why people are less confident in this team than in recent years. Just SO much more talent on this squad.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

Well, most years I don't fill out a bracket...and when I do, I end up picking the good guys. This year, I took a different route. I officially have St. Cloud over BC for the title. Other than a couple blips, they've been the most consistent, and have the depth to do it. Plus, even though they have a really tough regional, it will be friendly territory.

I have the same title matchup with BC on top.  As much as I hate SCSU, I'd rather you're right than I am.  Of course, I hope we're both wrong.

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What about it? Their 30 wins or their 6 losses? I just don't understand why people are less confident in this team than in recent years. Just SO much more talent on this squad.

Goaltending.

Nobody knows how Cam will handle pressure from "big games."

We've all seen it before.

4 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

I also wonder about our culture. 

Guy just wants to tell them R-E-L-A-X....go play a video game or something. 

Lots of good teams it appears this year. Hopefully by now UND don't take the (especially "smaller") eastern teams lightly. They gotta be the favorites by now....

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, siouxnami said:

I wish I could do a homer & non homer version... Really like Denver right now. :(

Denver will be tough, especially since they don't have to travel all the way east.

UND vs Denver, and Boston College vs Mass Lowell ...... who could I have possibly picked as champions ;)

...... this is subject to change before tomorrow :)

Maybe it's the culture of the fans and media. High expectations and a media guy following their every move.

Maybe the pressure is too much. There's wasn't nearly as much pressure in the late 90's and 2000 when they last won one...or for the last few Champs.

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Maybe it's the culture of the fans and media. High expectations and a media guy following their every move.

Maybe the pressure is too much. There's wasn't nearly as much pressure in the late 90's and 2000 when they last won one...or for the last few Champs.

It's the forum. I started the forum in 2001...

Ok, it's actually REA.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

I thought it was the new Sioux logo.

This forum is apart of the 'new' media and we follow their every move. So yes it is your fault. :p

Finally someone to blame!  Lol

Honestly, though.  The team reaches toward the top year in and out, but hasn't won it all in...a long time.  The odds of this not happening at least once over the past 14 years must be outrageous.  

I just wonder if there is something internally wrong with this program.  Or is it just "bad luck"? 

11 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Honestly, though.  The team reaches toward the top year in and out, but hasn't won it all in...a long time.  The odds of this not happening at least once over the past 14 years must be outrageous.  

I just wonder if there is something internally wrong with this program.  Or is it just "bad luck"? 

Let's leave that alone as long as we are alive in this year's tournament.

12 hours ago, Hayduke said:

I think you could also say that the odds of what has happened based upon the amount of times UND has made the playoffs, advanced to the Frozen Four, and actually played in several title games is outrageous as well. It's not easy winning a national championship, so just getting as far as they do every year is nothing short of remarkable.

• Upvote 2