SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

So I decided to dig through my student e-mails today, because I still get them, and found this one from March 3rd

ROTC students will conduct military exercises on quad this afternoon and throughout spring

ROTC cadets will train and conduct field exercises this spring in and around the quad area, beginning this afternoon. They will wear military uniforms and may carry military equipment, including dummy weapons.

• Upvote 2

On 3/20/2016 at 9:09 AM, Teeder11 said:

Never fear, the letter writer and her equally elitist-crust hubby have one foot in the Twin Cities already and will be gone from UND by semester's end. Nothing to see here, and Good riddance. 

Well there's some happy news!

Alpha mike foxtrot.

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So I decided to dig through my student e-mails today, because I still get them, and found this one from March 3rd

ROTC students will conduct military exercises on quad this afternoon and throughout spring

ROTC cadets will train and conduct field exercises this spring in and around the quad area, beginning this afternoon. They will wear military uniforms and may carry military equipment, including dummy weapons.

I think we all knew they wouldn't be doing this without a communication of some kind.  Whether it was ignored or not is another problem. 

Rob Port even brought this up. 

On 3/20/2016 at 9:40 AM, UND1983 said:

http://www.heidiczerwiec.com/

At least she doesn't take her self too seriously.  Look at that picture.  :silly:

You owe me 1 min, 26secs.  That's the screen time devoted to her Web site, most of it spent in mental paralysis, shock and disbelief.  Like Jodie Foster through the wicked worm hole.  No.  Words.   All though, the ride was rough only because they put the chair inside and the drawings clearly did not indicate a restraint system of any kind, a fact she pointed out to them repeatedly but the idiot engineers saw it as no impact.  Boy were they wrong.  Shook like crazy, then slammed against the roof, or base, or whatever.  Then the bent tree and dead Dad stuff and I really lost interest because I already knew Sagan would slam central intelligence..   but, whah?  What was the issue again?  Oh.  Scared, dependent liberals.  That ROTC cadet may very well save lives as a result of that training.  God bless them.

taz

• Upvote 1

This whole situation rubs me the wrong way. Given the political and media attention toward guns over the last 5 years my only conclusion is that this is her far left agenda. This behavior is right out of anti gun group playbooks. You can't tell me that faculty is not aware that ROTC regularly engages in these activities. This has been going on for a long time. Until she provides her NRA membership ID number I will think this way because this crap has infiltrated universities all over the country. These days ideology is being taught over actual facts and I didn't think this was going on at UND until now. 

Edit- I am taking my concealed Carry class this Sunday and I am damn proud of it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

To be fair, you can say the same thing about the "Jade Helm" movement that alleged the U.S. Military was going to impose martial law on Texas.

That said, I agree with you on this.

HAHA, how true!

I'm not even sure this is a wacko leftie as much as she is just a willing "victim" of, I'm guessing, just about everything.

• Upvote 1

Beware the court of public opinion...

https://www.facebook.com/thepeoplevheidiczerwiec/?hc_location=ufi

You have the right to express your opinion to the community (letter to local newspaper), I guess people have the right to discuss your opinions on the internet....the new hot thing will be no more "opinion shaming."

I'm sure it has happened, but one has to wonder when sharing an opinion (especially an unpopular one) would start to affect work performance (people don't want to enroll in your classes) if there's reprimand by the employer....not saying anything about this case, but nothing seems unimaginable anymore. I'm sure its already happened..."Woman let go for being too sexy."

Edited by Cratter

I really don't have a big problem that she called 911 the first time.  A sensitive person might have an unusual reaction when they first see it.  But once you get an explanation, I think a reasonable person says "oh, thanks, I feel a lot better now" and drop the matter right there.    No issue with the initial reaction, but the follow-up is quite over the top IMO.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, dagies said:

I really don't have a big problem that she called 911 the first time.  A sensitive person might have an unusual reaction when they first see it.  But once you get an explanation, I think a reasonable person says "oh, thanks, I feel a lot better now" and drop the matter right there.    No issue with the initial reaction, but the follow-up is quite over the top IMO.

Agreed. I can't disparage her for being scared (even though it was announced via email), but the voice mail followed by a letter to the editor in the Herald was excessive.