SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

3 hours ago, siouxjoy said:

According to Rob Port, she also left an expletive-filled voice mail message to the ROTC department (sorry, can't link from my phone).

i've met mr. carroll (probably a major or lt not sure) who is charge of the rotc a few times and he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet...can't wait to bump into him and ask him a few questions about this libtard and get a copy of that voicemail

She's already apologized to the ROTC commander, the one to whom she was out of line.  Unless she insulted or spoke poorly of the ROTC students/members, or students of the university as a whole, why should she have to apologize to them? (I will apologize if I don't recall all of the what she said at the time, but I don't recall her being critical of the ROTC members directly)

18 minutes ago, dagies said:

She's already apologized to the ROTC commander, the one to whom she was out of line.  Unless she insulted or spoke poorly of the ROTC students/members, or students of the university as a whole, why should she have to apologize to them? (I will apologize if I don't recall all of the what she said at the time, but I don't recall her being critical of the ROTC members directly)

She made your university look dumb. She should apologize, or better yet, leave this fine state.

6 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

She made your university look dumb. She should apologize, or better yet, leave this fine state.

Great point.  That's nothing that 85% of the NDSU student body doesn't do on any given Saturday night.  ;)

• Upvote 1

Not impressed with a teacher who claims to be worried about her students but cowers under her desk and can barely speak "initially from fear then from rage".  Swearing at a fellow faculty member is not acceptable.  She apologized. The conversation was private and her apology was private. That's ok with me. For her to say this type of training is inappropriate , unnecessary and irresponsible is worse than being goofy enough to call 911 and then to write a letter to the paper.

These young men and women of ROTC are doing the necessary training that some day may allow them to complete their missions successfully and hopefully save lives of fellow soldiers and innocent civilians. The fact that she failed to read her notice that this would occur is her own fault.  Didn't she know UND has Army ROTC?  They weren't assaulting her office they were outside on the quad without real weapons. Maybe she should assess the situation before panicking. She demonstrated you can't count on her in a crisis.

Why didn't she utilize this as an opportunity to teach both her students and others of how she felt and why and then maybe assign her students the task of interviewing those same ROTC students. They could find out more about ROTC and their training and why and how those students decided to join ROTC and what that means to their plans for the future and plans for their own families.

If training our futures officers causes a closed minded professor to crawl under her desk, wet her grundies and tremble occasionally I guess that is a small sacrifice to our nation for the young warriors who place their own lives on hold and risk life and limb to serve our country. Moon Mullins who was a professor in the early 1970's used to jump out the window at Merrifield Hall then come back into the class and have the students write a paper about how they felt and what they thought.  Maybe she could have her students write a poem about her trembling under her desk and peeing her pants.  "There once was a professor from Grand Forks who.........   She might get published. 

• Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:45 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

So I decided to dig through my student e-mails today, because I still get them, and found this one from March 3rd

ROTC students will conduct military exercises on quad this afternoon and throughout spring

ROTC cadets will train and conduct field exercises this spring in and around the quad area, beginning this afternoon. They will wear military uniforms and may carry military equipment, including dummy weapons.

Maybe she saw that email but just thought it was creative writing?

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:08 PM, dagies said:

I really don't have a big problem that she called 911 the first time.  A sensitive person might have an unusual reaction when they first see it.  But once you get an explanation, I think a reasonable person says "oh, thanks, I feel a lot better now" and drop the matter right there.    No issue with the initial reaction, but the follow-up is quite over the top IMO.

Agree, I thought the very same thing.  But the after the 911 call stuff is what leads me to believe she had an agenda in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

She would have loved living in Mpls this morning.  The civil defense siren went off about 6:30 am across Hennepin County.   (or at least parts of the county).    Clear, beautiful morning meant this wasn't a weather related event.  Which either meant something pretty scary or else a glitch.

People jammed 911 calling to find out what was going on.  Yes, people called 911 to find out what the "emergency" was.   :silly:  Some people said they "panicked" when hearing the siren.

Good grief, people.  Take a moment to check things out, huh?  Like turn on the TV or check a media outlet website.   If something that nasty is going on, don't you think they'd have a headline running?