SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I think one at most of those first round match-up will actually happen. 

It's too early to look at this kind of thing. There's still a lot of hockey to play. The PWR is going to rattle around. 

Of course it is, but we still have 9 days again until we get to watch our boys. What else are we gonna do? lol

11 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Northeastern was on fire last year too ;)

....and?  What I am trying to say is that Providence may be a better team after the the Goph's Novak loss.  Also, the ref's start swallowing their whistles come tourney time...the gophs are much easier when they don't sit on the PP the entire game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

....and?  What I am trying to say is that Providence may be a better team after the the Goph's Novak loss.  Also, the ref's start swallowing their whistles come tourney time...the gophs are much easier when they don't sit on the PP the entire game.

It was sort of a joke- which is why I added this ;). Last year I recall all the pundits talking about how hot Northeastern was and it didn't turn out too well. 

• Upvote 1

Top 5 Teams I'd love to see in Fargo along with North Dakota:

1) Minnesota - It would be great to see them play on Friday vs. Vermont where they could either lose (see Holy Cross, 2006) or win so that UND would play them for a right to go to the Frozen Four - could you imagine what Scheels would be like?!

2) Wisconsin - they are making some noise and still have a ways to go but they could win the Pig10 tournament and get an auto-berth.  Their fans are fun, true hockey fans, and often travel well.

3) Denver - if they keep winning like they are, they will likely go out East. They will have a revenge factor from last April but it would be a great storyline to see them come to Fargo and playing UND with everything on the line Saturday, March 25.

4) Boston College - I know, I know, they won't play west of Manchester but it's always fun to end a Boston school's season at tournament time.  York can watch the @$$ kicking with both eyes this time.

5) Harvard - see the line above.  Besides, beating up smart kids is fun.

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm not so sure this is true because a lot of UND fans are hockey fans in general. If I still lived in GF and had tickets I would still go to the regional games if UND was not there.

Shoot, we kept our plans and attended the regional at the X last year, even after UND got shipped away.  Love to watch good hockey!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Top 5 Teams I'd love to see in Fargo along with North Dakota:

1) Minnesota - It would be great to see them play on Friday vs. Vermont where they could either lose (see Holy Cross, 2006) or win so that UND would play them for a right to go to the Frozen Four - could you imagine what Scheels would be like?!

2) Wisconsin - they are making some noise and still have a ways to go but they could win the Pig10 tournament and get an auto-berth.  Their fans are fun, true hockey fans, and often travel well.

3) Denver - if they keep winning like they are, they will likely go out East. They will have a revenge factor from last April but it would be a great storyline to see them come to Fargo and playing UND with everything on the line Saturday, March 25.

4) Boston College - I know, I know, they won't play west of Manchester but it's always fun to end a Boston school's season at tournament time.  York can watch the @$$ kicking with both eyes this time.

5) Harvard - see the line above.  Besides, beating up smart kids is fun.

NEERRRRRDDSSSS!!!! (slams locker)

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Moy's Brackets this week:

East Regional (Providence):
14 Vermont vs. 4 Minnesota
10 Boston College vs. 7 Union

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
13 Cornell vs. 3 Boston University
12 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 5 Harvard

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
15 Air Force vs. 2 Denver
11 Penn State vs. 6 Western Michigan

West Regional (Fargo):
16 Bemidji State vs. 1 Minnesota-Duluth
9 North Dakota vs. 8 Providence

Again, not easy, but I'd rather face Providence in the first round than Minnesota. That East region is rough.

He did create a even crazier bracket that had Minnesota in Fargo, just to put Providence in Providence.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

It was sort of a joke- which is why I added this ;). Last year I recall all the pundits talking about how hot Northeastern was and it didn't turn out too well. 

Yeah, it just came out of right field.

as it relates to NE, Look who they ran into. They may have had better luck against another team.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Moy's Brackets this week:

East Regional (Providence):
14 Vermont vs. 4 Minnesota
10 Boston College vs. 7 Union

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
13 Cornell vs. 3 Boston University
12 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 5 Harvard

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
15 Air Force vs. 2 Denver
11 Penn State vs. 6 Western Michigan

West Regional (Fargo):
16 Bemidji State vs. 1 Minnesota-Duluth
9 North Dakota vs. 8 Providence

Again, not easy, but I'd rather face Providence in the first round than Minnesota. That East region is rough.

Impossible, there's only 2 B1G teams there. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's not because either team stands out to me over the other, it's because I don't want to play the Gophers in the first round. Too much acid reflux LOL :D

Haha this is so true. Its the matchup that will make or break your weekend. A Gopher/Sioux tournament game usually means the beer and whiskey will be flowing, which can be very good or very bad pending the outcome.

If we do play them, I want to win the game with .05 seconds left :)

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Haha this is so true. Its the matchup that will make or break your weekend. A Gopher/Sioux tournament game usually means the beer and whiskey will be flowing, which can be very good or very bad pending the outcome.

I've been saying .01 :cool:

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

I've been saying .01 :cool:

As long as it is conclusively a goal, under replay, then I'm good with that. If that happens I may have quit watching hockey though. Frankly it can't get much sweeter, and I'd be scared for my health after that one.

16 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Nah. I would rather see a game like the National Semi-Final manhood robbing game in Columbus where UND essentially made the Minnesota players tap out and quit.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

UND at #10 as of this morning 

Union and Cornell play pretty average to poor teams tonight, with wins will jump UND. I expect UND to be #12 going into next weekends games. The bye week still game a great time given the injuries / how UND was playing, but in the short term, doesn't help them in the PWR. Good news is they still control their own destiny down the stretch.