SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

10 in the pairwise, and the two teams that passed the Sioux in the league while they were healing/resting up only have 4 league games left and the boys have 6! I'd say things are looking pretty good!

The run starts Friday! I believe two splits and one sweep coming! Hopefully 2 sweeps! I think Omaha loses 4 and St Cloud loses 3, these two have a tough road ahead. Ending better than 10 in the pairwise! 

This time of the season is fun! Can't wait to watch!

Based on the remaining schedule, it will most likely be Miami 7, Omaha 6 and SCSU 5. Would be great if und can get that three seed to host Omaha. 

Miami has the toughest schedule, Omaha's is only easier because they only have 4 to play. UND has the easiest so they need to take advantage. 

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Based on the remaining schedule, it will most likely be Miami 7, Omaha 6 and SCSU 5. Would be great if und can get that three seed to host Omaha. 

Miami has the toughest schedule, Omaha's is only easier because they only have 4 to play. UND has the easiest so they need to take advantage. 

It is worth noting that against the "tougher" teams who will finish ahead of UND in the standings- Denver & Duluth, UND is 0-5-1 this year.

They are 8-4 in league play vs everyone else. 

If we keep that record going, everything's going to be ok for making the NCAAs.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AJS said:

I know the way UND has played the last 6, there's probably no room to talk, but besides CC, I'd want SCSU. Both those teams are not good, at all.

Agreed. Even with our stellar last 40 minutes on Friday night at CC, they put up a bigger fight that weekend than we've seen out of SCSU all year.

Motzko brings tough teams into the postseason though. Since the last year of the WCHA they've pushed into at least the regional and that year they reached the Frozen Four. 

3 minutes ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

Agreed. Even with our stellar last 40 minutes on Friday night at CC, they put up a bigger fight that weekend than we've seen out of SCSU all year.

Motzko brings tough teams into the postseason though. Since the last year of the WCHA they've pushed into at least the regional and that year they reached the Frozen Four. 

Last year's Ferris State team says hi :D

• Upvote 2

Moy's bracketology with this week looked at two scenarios, one that brought attendance into play more than they other. But, he stuck with the rankings and less movement. In this "attendance" bracket, he had Minny in Fargo, but brought WMU over and didn't account for the intraconference match up, for some reason. This is what he went with:

East Regional (Providence):
14 Boston College vs. 3 Harvard
11 Union vs. 8 Providence

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
13 Cornell vs. 4 Minnesota
12 St. Cloud State vs. 5 Boston University

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
15 Air Force vs. 2 Denver
9 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 7 Western Michigan

West Regional (Fargo):
16 Bemidji State vs. 1 Minnesota-Duluth
10 North Dakota vs. 6 Penn State

That East Regional is BRUTAL. Oof, I'd want to avoid that.