SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed.  We need a healthy squad.  Just get in and see what happens.  Any team in the country is going to be pissed when they have to play the Boys in Fargo.

Absolutely. We're pretty much at home, we're the defending champs, and we've shown this season that we are pretty d@mn talented when we play a full 60. Just get in, baby.

They are packed in with a lot of teams right now, if they gain .01 points they sit in 6th, if they drop .01 points they drop to 14th. There needs to be a playoff mentality starting this weekend. They need a sweep at home this weekend. 

10 hours ago, farce poobah said:

An interesting "what if" ... if UND is a #4 seed, does the Committee still send UMD (or DU) to Fargo?   

If I'm Scott Sandelin, I'd welcome a nice quiet neutral Cincinnati.   Or even a half-full building in Providence or Manchester.   

No, I believe they'd avoid interconference in the 1st round unless there was no way to avoid it.

10 hours ago, farce poobah said:

An interesting "what if" ... if UND is a #4 seed, does the Committee still send UMD (or DU) to Fargo?   

If I'm Scott Sandelin, I'd welcome a nice quiet neutral Cincinnati.   Or even a half-full building in Providence or Manchester.   

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

No, I believe they'd avoid interconference in the 1st round unless there was no way to avoid it.

^^ Yes. Especially with a No. 1 seed.

10 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

IF UND is a #4 seed and DU and UMD are both #1 seeds one of those teams will be in Fargo. If just one of them is a #1 seed then they'd avoid the interconference matchup.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

IF UND is a #4 seed and DU and UMD are both #1 seeds one of those teams will be in Fargo. If just one of them is a #1 seed then they'd avoid the interconference matchup.

How sure of that are you? I was under the impression that the committee avoided interconference matchups in the 1st round at all costs. The only exception being if all #1 seeds were NCHC teams or there was some team hosting that couldn't be moved.

6 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

How sure of that are you? I was under the impression that the committee avoided interconference matchups in the 1st round at all costs. The only exception being if all #1 seeds were NCHC teams or there was some team hosting that couldn't be moved.

Not even sure if UND will make the field and if they don't it makes all of this banter pointless.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not even sure if UND will make the field and if they don't it makes all of this banter pointless.

So, close the thread? 

He asked you a question and you danced it. It was a simple question assuming the results.

Why are you so sure they'd keep the intraconference match up? They could just as easily put UMD in Cincy and DU in Providence.

24 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, close the thread? 

He asked you a question and you danced it. It was a simple question assuming the results.

Why are you so sure they'd keep the intraconference match up? They could just as easily put UMD in Cincy and DU in Providence.

22 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

So not sure at all? :D

As there is no hockey being played, banter is the only thing that we have from Saturday at about 10pm until Friday at 7:37.

This the NCAA we are talking about......my guess is a good as yours? Here is what I do know: the top 6 are UMD, DU, WMU, BU, Penn St. and Union. 3 east team in the top 6. If 2 of those are #1 seeds IMO it would not make sense to send DU or UMD as #1 seed out east and Penn St or Union to Fargo just to avoid an interconference matchup because UND played it's way to a #4 seed.

........but I'll defer to you two wise guys.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

This the NCAA we are talking about......my guess is a good as yours? Here is what I do know: the top 6 are UMD, DU, WMU, BU, Penn St. and Union. 3 east team in the top 6. If 2 of those are #1 seeds IMO it would not make sense to send DU or UMD as #1 seed out east and Penn St or Union to Fargo just to avoid an interconference  matchup because UND played it's way to a #4 seed.

........but I'll defer to you two wise guys.

Exactly why he asked. None of us know, which is why IHTINB mentioned that "he was under the impression" they'd avoid the intraconference matchup. Not claiming to be wise and I'm sure he's not either, which is why he asked the question if you were sure. We're all on the same plain here, buddy.

When's the last time they've had an intraconference matchup? They absolutely try to avoid it when they can. DU has to get on a plane no matter where they go, so they can easily put them in Providence. UMD going to Cincy isn't ideal, but to avoid the NCHC matchup, precedent has been set to send UMD to Cincy.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Exactly why he asked. None of us know, which is why IHTINB mentioned that "he was under the impression" they'd avoid the intraconference matchup. Not claiming to be wise and I'm sure he's not either, which is why he asked the question if you were sure. We're all on the same plain here, buddy.

When's the last time they've had an intraconference matchup? They absolutely try to avoid it when they can. DU has to get on a plane no matter where they go, so they can easily put them in Providence. UMD going to Cincy isn't ideal, but to avoid the NCHC matchup, precedent has been set to send UMD to Cincy.

Exactly, didn't they send Miami out to Providence as a #1 seed where they ended up losing to Providence on the way to a title?

There's precedence here so I'm not just making stuff up lol really trying to have a logical discussion about this :lol:

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Exactly"

LOL you're the only speaking about this that seems to be certain. "WILL BE IN FARGO"

51 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

All he did was ask if you were sure about it. Why is that so controversial?

Your logic is absolutely fine. But, I was ALSO under the impression that avoiding intraconference matchups was of the most importance. 

3 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Exactly, didn't they send Miami out to Providence as a #1 seed where they ended up losing to Providence on the way to a title?

There's precedence here so I'm not just making stuff up lol really trying to have a logical discussion about this :lol:

RAHHHH someone "attacked" my idea and said it was "wrong." RAHHHHH I need to overreact lol. 

Oxbow, I absolutely see what you're saying, btw, I just want to know what they prefer. Precedent looks like they'd try and avoid the intraconference matchups.

NCAA guidelines:

3. Step three is to fill in the bracket so that first-round conference matchups are avoided, unless it corrupts the integrity of the bracket. If five or more teams from one conference are selected to the championship, then the integrity of the bracket will be protected (i.e., maintaining the pairing process according to seed will take priority over avoidance of first-round conference matchups). To complete each regional, the committee assigns one team from each of the remaining seeded groups so there is a No. 1, No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 seed at each regional site.

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They will avoid putting Duluth, Denver, and Western Michigan in Fargo if UND is a 4 seed. The only way they would have two NCHC teams play each other in the first round is if it can't be avoided. 

1 minute ago, iluvdebbies said:

NCAA guidelines:

3. Step three is to fill in the bracket so that first-round conference matchups are avoided, unless it corrupts the integrity of the bracket. If five or more teams from one conference are selected to the championship, then the integrity of the bracket will be protected (i.e., maintaining the pairing process according to seed will take priority over avoidance of first-round conference matchups). To complete each regional, the committee assigns one team from each of the remaining seeded groups so there is a No. 1, No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 seed at each regional site.

You sure about that? :D I kid, I kid ;)