SiouxSports.com Forum

If Big Ten Offers UND Should They Join?

Cratter

If Big Ten Offers UND Should They Join?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. If Big Ten hockey decides to expand and potentially offer UND, would you like UND to abandon the NCHC and join the Big Ten?

• No
    • Yes

16 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Hey Grampa, please Please PLEASE tell me another bedtime story about the golden days of yore and the Minneapolis Lakers!  :lol:

Show us that picture of Sid Hartman and George Mikan wearing the basketball shorts that have the belt built into the waistband.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Hey Grampa, please Please PLEASE tell me another bedtime story about the golden days of yore and the Minneapolis Lakers!  :lol:

:lol:  I was gonna say, "NBA Titles?".  Don't the Lakers claim those now?

26 minutes ago, Gopher Fan said:

At least Minnesota has teams in the competition, a couple of which are showing signs of significant improvement.  North Dakota doesn't even have rumors of expansions possibilities. 

If women's hockey doesn't matter, why do you have a women's hockey team?

MN and ND have the same number of championships in MLB, NBA, NFL, and the NHL in the last quarter century. But you guys are phenomenal at hanging those participation banners and "improving".

But MN fleeced the tax payers for a billion dollar stadium so you can HOST a Super Bowl... yippee 

13 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

MN and ND have the same number of championships in MLB, NBA, NFL, and the NHL in the last quarter century. But you guys are phenomenal at hanging those participation banners and "improving".

But MN fleeced the tax payers for a billion dollar stadium so you can HOST a Super Bowl... yippee 

On paper beofre the season, Minnesota has much much more ;)

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Gopher Fan said:

At least Minnesota has teams in the competition, a couple of which are showing signs of significant improvement.  North Dakota doesn't even have rumors of expansions possibilities. 

Look, I cheer for most Minnesota professional sports teams ( a lot of UND alums either played or run the teams) but lets not kid ourselves here; there is no pro sports team in Minnesota that is close to winning a championship. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I don't like defending UND(that's why I don't do it), but what is the point in bringing up professional sports?  I don't see what correlation the Twins or Vikings have with UM-TC or the lack of professional sports teams have to do with the success of UND.

... and I don't like agreeing with Johnboy, but I will in this case.  Sportswise, Minnesota isn't exactly a pillar in the Big Ten.  When you can point that UND is better than Minnesota in hockey, NDSU is better than Minnesota in football, and both UND and NDSU are better than Minnesota in basketball this year, then it hardly holds up an air of superiority.  If that was a one year circumstance it's one thing, but that has been the case frequently lately.  Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman who are both from Minneapolis can't believe that Minnesota can be so consistently bad when they are in the market they are in, and I agree.  You would think you would hit a great recruiting class that develops here or there and have a magic season, but it doesn't seem to happen.  Hockey is the only sport that really is consistently good, and that has taken a short term hit the past few years.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Gopher Fan said:

Point taken, although the NFL championship was less than 50 years ago (the Vikings are one of 2 teams to win the NFL championship the same season they lost the Super Bowl before the NFL-AFL merger), but is Minnesota or North Dakota more likely to win a future World Series, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, or NBA Title, or MLS Cup?

Based on the last 25 years, I'd say our chances are about even. :cool:

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Look, I cheer for most Minnesota professional sports teams ( a lot of UND alums either played or run the teams) but lets not kid ourselves here; there is no pro sports team in Minnesota that is close to winning a championship. 

I don't follow the WNBA (at all), but I'd say the Minnesota Lynx have a good shot at winning the title this year.  

21 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I don't follow the WNBA (at all), but I'd say the Minnesota Lynx have a good shot at winning the title this year.  

I keep forgetting about them because they are not a "mainstream" sport but you do raise a good point.

11 hours ago, Gopher Fan said:

Oh, yeah, Minnesota has it all over North Dakota, Vermont, Hawaii, New Hampshire, South Dakota, ........and the list goes on and on.......

23 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I don't like defending UND(that's why I don't do it), but what is the point in bringing up professional sports?  I don't see what correlation the Twins or Vikings have with UM-TC or the lack of professional sports teams have to do with the success of UND.

Well a UND alum runs one of the teams and one of the most successful TE/FB in Vikings history.

26 minutes ago, Fetch said:

How long to barbbq 10 pigs with one grill ?

Same as for one ... with the right grill.

cca5e17ed01934683a49470b3cb5dc75.jpg

But what does that have to do with the Big Ten Hockey Conference? There are only six pigs to grill in that right now. ;)

• Upvote 2