SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. CC Tigers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

This is the kind of game, where LJ needs to step up and put the puck in the net. Top scoring is out, he needs to make some plays and stay out of the box.

Boeser and Stecher will nice games. Stecher in particular with his ability to turn up ice so quickly. So impressed with how quickly he can get down the rink and maintain good possesion. Reminds me a lot of what we used to get from Chay Genoway, as a pretty offensive defenseman.

Can't split at home against a poor (albeit improving) CC team. Not if we want to beat out SCSU for the Penne Rosa.

Get your brooms, Sioux Sweep

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nhockey30 said:

I believe in order for the Sioux to win tonight with all the scoring that will be in stands is going to lie with Chyz and LJ. They both need to start burying the puck, they are both too good. Would also love to see Gersich get going as well.

There's more than enough talent for UND to pull this win this game. I really like line one's chances. All them guys are big bodies and can muck things up and put pucks on net. 

• Upvote 1

Boy, when you look at our lineup to see how they we will fill injury holes and you see those 6 Dmen, you realize how loaded we are on the blue line.  I don't remember a 6-man crew this good.  Maybe better 2 or 3, but not the whole crew, IMO. 

• Upvote 1

I think the freshman line of Gersich, Gardner, and Boeser is more than capable of putting up some goals this weekend. Big thing that worries me about that line is in the faceoff circle. I feel like Gardner has struggled taking faceoffs. Blue line is stacked like always. Poolman and Stecher will be very important for scoring this weekend as well.

59 minutes ago, burd said:

Boy, when you look at our lineup to see how they we will fill injury holes and you see those 6 Dmen, you realize how loaded we are on the blue line.  I don't remember a 6-man crew this good.  Maybe better 2 or 3, but not the whole crew, IMO. 

In the "modern era", beginning when Blais took over as head coach, I can only think of one group in the conversation, Greene, Jones, Schneider, Fuher and Smaby in 2005.  They just willed a battered roster to the national title game.  They had a couple NHL regulars at forward in Zajac and Stafford, and a folk hero in Spirko, but they were pretty thin after that, and then really shorthanded due to injury.  I only listed five defensemen above because that was the rotation after Bina went down in the Final Five.

They obviously played a different game than this group, not as much fun to watch if you like offense, but more fun if you're a bit of a sadist. 

• Upvote 1

Listening on the radio, they just talked about how Luke needs to step up. I was a Luke apologist for a long time, but he really does need to get it together. We see flashes of what he can do, and then nothing. They also talked about Pogo needing to show up offensively. I think Sanderson carries the scoring, he's opened the flood gates.