SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. CC Tigers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

20 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

So I found something worse. Norwich city blew a 3-1 lead in soccer and lost 5-4 in stoppage time to Liverpool FC this morning. 

Whoa whoa whoa.  Are you trying to tell me that there were NINE goals scored in a SOCCER game?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

My take from Sec 110:

1st period domination...at one point SOG were 15-1.

Periods 2 and 3 were atrocious. Absolutely terrible in the NZ and passing was poor. Seemed like Hak invaded Berry's body as all we did was try to chip it off the boards and take it down the walls transitioning out of our own end. Forgot they could use the middle 1/3 of the ice.

Players.....the good, the bad and the ugly.

Great to see LJ pick up some scoring. Sanderson and Gardner looked good throughout. #2 is just a complete player and what a competitor.

There was lots of talk about multiple D-man going pro this off season.....did anyone watch Fejes tonight. That is a COLLEGE power forward...not a NHL player. Ausmus had zero chance slowing him down especially on the rush. #4 was just......absolutely brutal. Just brutal. Pollman and Ladue were not good either. 

#11 had just an ugly game.....effort was there but struggles to make anything happen.

Cam.......well I guess goalies have these games occasionally but goals 2 and 3 were goals ND HS girls goalies let in. Really really bad goals. Keaton's disaster on the the shorty gave CC a pulse but those 2 goals gave them life. Cam needs to start tonight.....he'll be much better.

Didn't like the 3x3. Not a fan of college hockey shootouts.

UND got more points than they deserved last night.

Will see what this team really is made of tonight after that mess last night and not having #8 and #9 to right the ship.

Agree about too much chipping the puck out last night but I'm not sure that was what we wanted to do as I thought it seemed like there was a long period of time where guys without the puck were just standing around waiting for the guy with it to go end to end which really limits the passing options. Olson did have some struggles at times last night but he also made some very nice passes to setup chances including Sanderson's goal as well. I think the big reason he is in the lineup is to bring a physical presence but at times last night I thought he showed some nice skill which is something he has shown in high school and the USHL. The thing with Olson is it seems like it takes him a little bit get to get going skating wise so if he gets the puck flat footed he gets in trouble because he doesn't have that quick 2 stride explosion that you see with some other guys.

27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well at least this thread didn't disappoint. Some of the comments made and bi-polarness shown are off the charts and not in a good way. 

I'm sure the players and coaches appreciated you being in the tunnel to give each of them a juice box and participation ribbon when it was all done. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Criticism is fine (when it has substance) but as usual, at the first sign of adversity the fanbase immediately reaches for the pitchforks and torches and over the top comments come flying out. 

I didn't have a chance to hand out any treats afterwards, I was busy picking up the players who were forced to walk home (half in skates, half with no shoes) on the advice Berry took straight from this thread. 

Fair enough......I just hope you took off the "#1 Fan" foam finger so you were at 2 and 10 for the player's safety while driving them home. ;)

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

There was lots of talk about multiple D-man going pro this off season.....did anyone watch Fejes tonight. That is a COLLEGE power forward...not a NHL player. Ausmus had zero chance slowing him down especially on the rush. #4 was just......absolutely brutal. Just brutal. Pollman and Ladue were not good either. 

#11 had just an ugly game.....effort was there but struggles to make anything happen.

Cam.......well I guess goalies have these games occasionally but goals 2 and 3 were goals ND HS girls goalies let in. Really really bad goals. Keaton's disaster on the the shorty gave CC a pulse but those 2 goals gave them life. Cam needs to start tonight.....he'll be much better.

Didn't like the 3x3. Not a fan of college hockey shootouts.

I think Berry is planning on cutting most of the roster and replacing them with some players from the UND intramural teams.
Should make for an interesting last few months of the season.  Hopefully the new players don't disappoint as much!  ;)

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

NCAA semi-final game recipe of poor goaltending + bad defense = Hakstol's fault.  Flash forward a season and it's still a shot at a coach who hasn't exactly fallen flat on his face in the NHL so far.  

I certainly was getting tired of the last few years of Hak's teams falling flat come post-season time, but it almost seems like some posters on here genuinely want to see Hakstol fail in the NHL to "prove a point" about his time here at UND.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I think Berry is planning on cutting most of the roster and replacing them with some players from the UND intramural teams.
Should make for an interesting last few months of the season.  Hopefully the new players don't disappoint as much!  ;)

Hopefully you have some eligibility left.........

I was really impressed what CC did in the 2nd & 3rd they just out played us & everything was going their way - I even felt a little bad for them losing at the end - but I got over it quick with massive feelings of how lucky we were

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

I was really impressed what CC did in the 2nd & 3rd they just out played us & everything was going their way - I even felt a little bad for them losing at the end - but I got over it quick with massive feelings of how lucky we were

They "lost" at the end?  Ugh...