SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

6 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

According to a source, Grady is 95% sure he's coming back. If true this is really good news.

When is he coming back? I'd be surprised. If he's not in school, not in the offseason workouts will he be allowed in spring ball? Doesn't seem like Bubba would put up with not putting the work in to just show up and play. Definitely wouldn't want to set that precedent.

12 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

When is he coming back? I'd be surprised. If he's not in school, not in the offseason workouts will he be allowed in spring ball? Doesn't seem like Bubba would put up with not putting the work in to just show up and play. Definitely wouldn't want to set that precedent.

I think u r right tho, bubba probably won't put up with that

13 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Like I said it's not 100%. The only thing that was told was he was 95% sure he was coming back and Bubba knows about this. So unless he is doing some secret workout or worked out a deal with Bubba (both which I have no idea) I guess we can only wait and see if he does come back. 

9 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

I have heard that Bubba has mentioned in at least one speech at a local service club meeting that Grady may very well be back. I'm sure it wouldn't occur until this summer at the earliest. There are clearly some extenuating circumstances here--not like a kid who just didn't feel like attending class or putting in the work. 

Let's hope for an appearance at spring ball.

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

By the grace... of the good lord, let this happen.

But if it did... how would this work in regards to eligibility, etc.

I believe Grady is presently enrolled at a tribal community college. Not sure exactly how it will work but I'm sure the compliance people in the athletic department have a handle on it. I doubt Bubba would bother mentioning it in public unless they feel like it's a workable situation.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Do you know WHY he went back to New Town?  The situation certainly is unique and one that most coaches would work with.  

58 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

I believe Grady is presently enrolled at a tribal community college. Not sure exactly how it will work but I'm sure the compliance people in the athletic department have a handle on it. I doubt Bubba would bother mentioning it in public unless they feel like it's a workable situation.

Did he do this? Link please?

40 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

My understanding is he has a girlfriend who had a kid. Is there more then that? If not, it's not like that hasn't happened before.

So the kid should be shunned for the rest of his career because he did the right thing at the time?  Career over after 1 semester due to going back and being with his baby when he was obviously needed?

42 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

So the kid should be shunned for the rest of his career because he did the right thing at the time?  Career over after 1 semester due to going back and being with his baby when he was obviously needed?

Calm down where did I say any of that? Good grief.

I simply don't know how all of the academic requirements come into play or how Bubba is going to handle it. 

Good news Grady might be coming back. I had feeling his career was not over for good and that someone would step in to talk to him. I bet bubba has been there for Grady in his tough times and is doing all he can to help. Just another reason I love Bubba as our coach. Grady is not just another player. He has the potential to play at the highest levels. If Grady can get everything worked out it will only be great things for UND football and Grady's career.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Calm down where did I say any of that? Good grief.

I simply don't know how all of the academic requirements come into play or how Bubba is going to handle it. 

You stated this also:  "Doesn't seem like Bubba would put up with not putting the work in to just show up and play. Definitely wouldn't want to set that precedent".

The situation is far different than that.  Letting him come back to the team would be a 100% positive for all parties involved.  

This isn't like another local college team who had their player quit the team mid-season, air his laundry in the paper, but then allow him to come back only weeks later.  THAT would be a bad precedent to set.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This certainly is good news if it is true.  I am not sure how the eligibility issue would work as Grady left school before taking his finals.  As 92,96 mentioned, he is (or was) enrolled at the local community college but I would doubt that would be sufficient for him to be eligible next fall.