SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

And making sure to include the 5 years UND was a transitional school playing against full D-1 schools. Still not sure how this proves any sort of point other than SiouxVolley sure knows how to get the FargoU fans going. Everyone already knows that UND has struggled in OOC play in MBB, that is no shocker, but now we know that somehow that is the benchmark for the Summit schools.

The winning percentage actually increases if you include the transition years.  1-10 since the transition ended.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Vince was referring to the snub of UND baseball when the summit was in need of a team to maintain autobids. 

I missed that. In any case, his post still makes no sense. Because the Summit wasn't interested in an affiliate Baseball member several years ago (a school that could have been a full member, but cancelled the site visit), they should not be expected to show interest in a new full member now? Really?

46 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I would have no problem if UND moved over to play in the Summit and MVFC.

For now, though, the focus is on the Big Sky Conference.

Everything else is 'blah' ...

I think since Kelley is gone maybe Schafer/Faison and Douple/Patty V. can get together and work something out. But unless the eastern schools see a benefit of playing UND (close to NDSU, potential OOC game within the division) I can't see the MVFC in our future....only the SL (in that case stay in the Big Sky).

3 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Huh? The Summit did not ignore that school 70 miles to the north. In fact, that school cancelled a site visit by Summit officials that very likely would have resulted in a bid. Obviously, the MVFC did snub that northern school, but, IIRC, there was the issue of NCAA sanctions at the time.

They didn't ignore, but they certainly dicked around with it long enough to allow the Big Sky to get their foot in the door.  If the Summit/MVFC had proactive leadership, they probably would have locked up UND before the Big Sky came in.

3 hours ago, Gothmog said:

I missed that. In any case, his post still makes no sense. Because the Summit wasn't interested in an affiliate Baseball member several years ago (a school that could have been a full member, but cancelled the site visit), they should not be expected to show interest in a new full member now? Really?

It makes perfect sense. 

Baseball affiliate or otherwise, it still would have been and still is in the Summit/MVFC best interest to go after UND and strengthen themselves long term in the name of self-preservation, especially from a geographic standpoint/travel partnership.  Douple's idiocy and Patty's lack of vision prevented that though.

Don't you agree that instead of speculation about going after a Division 2 Mankato, the easiest problem-solving measure to secure the future of the leagues is to go after UND instead?  All propaganda aside?  I know I'm asking a lot here, but I'm trying to give it a chance.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

So you're speculating that MSU-Mankato is going to sue the NCAA for the right to move up?

My point is that any serious DI talk has to come with a conference offer.  The Horizon and MVFC would not even talk to Mankato.  That leaves one conference.  Logic must have been a topic you missed.

More deflection,color me shocked again. Perhaps you need to look up the definition of  "fact". While you're at it, look up "rumor".

6 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Who knows maybe the Vikings will chip in to help fund a new Stadium.

The Vikings just closed on land in Eagan for new practice facilities and a 10k seat stadium. I don't think Mankato will be getting any checks after the Vikings move into their new digs.

5 hours ago, zipperlip said:

The Vikings just closed on land in Eagan for new practice facilities and a 10k seat stadium. I don't think Mankato will be getting any checks after the Vikings move into their new digs.

They have practice facilities off of 169 and 494 now but still use Mankato for prefall. Why would that change?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bison73 said:

They have practice facilities off of 169 and 494 now but still use Mankato for prefall. Why would that change?

Yeah, I'm not sure this ordeal affects Mankato.

I don't follow off-season football much but how many NFL team have their summer training miles and miles away from their headquarters?

47 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Yeah, I'm not sure this ordeal affects Mankato.

I don't follow off-season football much but how many NFL team have their summer training miles and miles away from their headquarters?

At one time most training camps were held away from the hometown. Now a days I dont know anymore.

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

At one time most training camps were held away from the hometown. Now a days I dont know anymore.

The trend is away from off-site training camps. I believe 19 NFL teams currently hold training camp at their regular practice facilities. The Vikings deal with Mankato runs through 2018. Although no plans have yet been announced, it seems likely that the Vikings will hold TC in the new facility when it's ready.

25 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

The trend is away from off-site training camps. I believe 19 NFL teams currently hold training camp at their regular practice facilities. The Vikings deal with Mankato runs through 2018. Although no plans have yet been announced, it seems likely that the Vikings will hold TC in the new facility when it's ready.

Agreed. This was the speculation on the Fan this morning as well. 

14 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I'm sure that City of Mankato will lobby pretty hard to get some kind of extension on training camp, whether that will be successful is anyone's guess.

The Saints were in La Crosse WI for a while now they are in VA---

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/saints/2014/07/04/new-orleans-saints-to-move-training-camp-to-the-greenbrier/12226821/

On 1/22/2016 at 9:31 AM, ArchyAlum11 said:

I'm sure that City of Mankato will lobby pretty hard to get some kind of extension on training camp, whether that will be successful is anyone's guess.

The Vikings almost moved training camp to Sioux Falls in 2003 and again in 2006. But I'm confident that they will move camp to Eagan after the completion of their new stadium.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/columnists/stu-whitney/2015/08/05/stu-whitney-vikings-training-camp-mankato-krabbenhoft/31176047/

9 hours ago, bison73 said:

Very nice. Hope they can put it together.

My only issue with this plan is that the Football Stadium Capacity is only 6 thousand (I could be wrong) I Think they should try and go bigger than that or at least have a plan in place to add additional seating. I love that they are going to put in a soccer stadium though, the women's soccer team their is one of the best in DII and I think they could do very well in DI if given the opportunity, they deserve to have their own stadium.