SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Wentz has been the talk of town in Mobile. Amazing a kid from our small state of North Dakota could possibly be the first QB picked in the 2016 NFL draft. NDSU owes him for all the free publicity. Never mind. I think he will be just fine financially in a couple months. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Rory said:

Wentz has been the talk of town in Mobile. Amazing a kid from our small state of North Dakota could possibly be the first QB picked in the 2016 NFL draft. NDSU owes him for all the free publicity. Never mind. I think he will be just fine financially in a couple months. 

Cool.  

On January 28, 2016 at 7:07 PM, JohnboyND7 said:

How many other teams?

More than one team. Same as a few others. Less than quite a few teams that were left out. Since we aren't supposed to take strength of schedule into account, there were some 8 and 9 win teams left out.

6 hours ago, Rory said:

I think he will be trading his Bison decal for a Star one

18 hours ago, UND1983 said:

What??

I am saying if you look at records of FCS teams from this year, there were some teams left out that had 8 and 9 wins, which were more than UND had. UND fans seem to be fixated on only the number of wins and not the quality of opponents. 

4 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I am saying if you look at records of FCS teams from this year, there were some teams left out that had 8 and 9 wins, which were more than UND had. UND fans seem to be fixated on only the number of wins and not the quality of opponents. 

That's not the winning argument, bro.  We got that one too.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I didn't get to watch the senior bowl, surprised we haven't had more posts on it here. How did Wentz look? 

Wentz looked ok. I think he was 6-10 with a couple of really bad receiver drops. Plus he was under pressure pretty much the whole time due to the south D was killing the norths O-line.  Everything I have read after the game said the game was kind of an anticlimax after the week of practice and all of the hype and the scouts-teams had seen everthing they needed before game time..  

Hes projected as a top 10-15 pick with speculation of the top 5.   But theres a lot of time before the draft and combine.

Being the top senior in all of college football and as said all the hype, Wentz looked pretty average. He fumbled the ball on his last play. 

All his passes were short drop passes, with one being twenty or so yards to a wide open receiver. 

His team had trouble moving the ball (of course not wentz's fault).

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Being the top senior in all of college football and as said all the hype, Wentz looked pretty average. He fumbled the ball on his last play. 

All his passes were short drop passes, with one being twenty or so yards to a wide open receiver. 

His team had trouble moving the ball (of course not wentz's fault).

You really need to stop posting about him of you can't do it without bias.

He did what he was asked to do. He was essentially 9-10. He showed his wheels. The senior bowl is more about the practices and he completely killed it. The game at the senior bowl is not for the QBs, they only get one quarter, everyone else gets the whole game.

Wentz is a ND kid and we wanted him bad. He's got a great future and we should all be proud of him regardless of how much pub he's getting for NDSU. Good for him. I hope he goes #1 overall and in an all pro.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You really need to stop posting about him of you can't do it without bias.

Ok dad. 

He looked average. Ok, Maybe I should have said looked "Ok." Ok is average in my book. I guess that might be a "bias" not a bias that isn't alone. 

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

Wentz looked ok.

Most of his passes were short yard passes. No bias 

He fumbled the ball on his last play. No bias. 

His team had trouble moving the ball. "Moving the ball" is arbitrary, might be some bias there. 

Never did I say anything about he didn't do what was asked of him. Never did I say he wouldn't be the first QB drafted (I hope he goes to the Cowboys at #4). 

Your bias might be projecting a bias. 

Someone asked a question and I answered it.

Signed, your son. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Ok dad. 

He looked average. Ok, Maybe I should have said looked "Ok." Ok is average in my book. I guess that might be a "bias" not a bias that isn't alone. 

Most of his passes were short yard passes. No bias 

He fumbled the ball on his last play. No bias. 

His team had trouble moving the ball. "Moving the ball" is arbitrary, might be some bias there. 

Never did I say anything about he didn't do what was asked of him. Never did I say he wouldn't be the first QB drafted (I hope he goes to the Cowboys at #4). 

Your bias might be projecting a bias. 

Someone asked a question and I answered it.

Signed, your son. 

I didn't see the game, did he look "average" because he was facing FBS competition? Or was it because he wasn't in the Fargodome? People thought Brock Jensen was the bomb too and look where he is...Omaha in a league that's not on anyone's radar. I would like to see how Wentz does in preseason if he is the next Joe Flacco (FCS reference) or if he is the next Brock Jensen (all hype and nothing to show for it).

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I didn't see the game, did he look "average" because he was facing FBS competition? Or was it because he wasn't in the Fargodome? People thought Brock Jensen was the bomb too and look where he is...Omaha in a league that's not on anyone's radar. I would like to see how Wentz does in preseason if he is the next Joe Flacco (FCS reference) or if he is the next Brock Jensen (all hype and nothing to show for it).

there's all sorts of film from the game floating around the internet, why don't you draw your own conclusion instead of getting one from somebody else? I'll help you Senior Bowl Highlights

and Brock Jensen plays in the CFL for Ottawa. Try to keep up

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, senor_sieve said:

there's all sorts of film from the game floating around the internet, why don't you draw your own conclusion instead of getting one from somebody else? I'll help you Senior Bowl Highlights

and Brock Jensen plays in the CFL for Ottawa. Try to keep up

Sorry I don't follow every move of Bison players. I now see he is the 3rd string QB for Ottawa. I guess that counts for something and you Bison fans should be proud. For me I could care less about him, and if i want to ask a fellow UND fan on a UND board about someone that's my choice on this UND board.

• Downvote 1