SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

I don't know how this train ever stops, it really does defy all logic. As long as they are an FCS Program they'll win Championships at least 4 out of every 5 years. We are really in uncharted territory, since this isn't how sports (at least at a relatively high collegiate level) work. They'll never drop off and nobody at the FCS level has a chance to catch them.

Side note: I would have called this post preposterous a couple years ago, since like I mentioned, nobody stays on the top forever...until now. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Can we just for once have QB like Easton Stick?  Kid is a stud

There were a few balls that were seriously under thrown, yet their receivers managed to slow down/turn around and make the catch. iirc - as many under thrown as he had were he put it in the receivers hands and they did not have to break their stride. He has good wheels, but was not all that impressed with his arm.

It's not the qb, it's how the team plays as a team that is so impressive. Someone on here - Sica, Geaux, Oxbow, not sure who it was... said its not the they do anything complicated, but their execution is so gpod.

2 minutes ago, zonadub said:

There were a few balls that were seriously under thrown, yet their receivers managed to slow down/turn around and make the catch. iirc - as many under thrown as he had were he put it in the receivers hands and they did not have to break their stride. He has good wheels, but was not all that impressed with his arm.

It's not the qb, it's how the team plays as a team that is so impressive. Someone on here - Sica, Geaux, Oxbow, not sure who it was... said its not the they do anything complicated, but their execution is so gpod.

Their execution is close to flawless. Their O-line is so dominant it makes it dare I say easy to be a positional player. You can't be one dimensional at the college level, but it's so important to get a QB that is multi-dimensional. I would take Stick and his legs, even if he can't make all the throws over a pocket passer who isn't mobile. A guy like Stick doesn't grow on trees, but as we've all noticed, the QBs that continually give everyone (as we've seen with UND) the most problems are guys that can evade the rush and run the ball. UND needs to recruit those type of guys at the QB position. 

14 minutes ago, zonadub said:

It also amazes me how they get guys completely wide open 4-5 times a game....with nobody within 7-8 yards.  That one play where there RB ran kind of up the middle and all of the action rolled left, RB then went to the right and he was WIDE open in the endzone.  Great play call and called at the exact right time.   That was not superior Jimmy's and Joes, a QB and RB from Mayville State could have thrown and caught that.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

and about to upgrade at QB next year......

You are almost certainly wrong.  You are going to tell me that a redshirt freshman is an upgrade on this guy?  No.  Just really not likely.  Stick ended up being a very good quarterback.  A super senior vs. a young guy at this level generally makes a huge difference.

NDSU will definitely not be this good next year, this team ended up being dirty good.  They might just end up being regular good by NDSU standards.

My buddy is a huge Bison fan. He says Stick is now tied with a prior SU QB (Benson??) for most wins by FCS QB in the history of the entire league. And if they win in Frisco- he will be #1 all time at 2nd level football.  That is a statement. He gave up a #1 win option to Wentz too when Carson returned to finish his college career in the final game, which would have given Stick the title now.

None of this is verified, as I just don't care much about football, but my buddy is passionate about it.

Bison not only lose Stick, but the Coach and many seniors as well. might be a rough next year--especially if coach takes assistants with him to Kansas. The key guy might be the strength and conditioning coach- it is not a fluke that they win games late a lot--this guy is the real deal he says.

55 minutes ago, LuvHockey said:

My buddy is a huge Bison fan. He says Stick is now tied with a prior SU QB (Benson??) for most wins by FCS QB in the history of the entire league. And if they win in Frisco- he will be #1 all time at 2nd level football.  That is a statement. He gave up a #1 win option to Wentz too when Carson returned to finish his college career in the final game, which would have given Stick the title now.

None of this is verified, as I just don't care much about football, but my buddy is passionate about it.

Bison not only lose Stick, but the Coach and many seniors as well. might be a rough next year--especially if coach takes assistants with him to Kansas. The key guy might be the strength and conditioning coach- it is not a fluke that they win games late a lot--this guy is the real deal he says.

They have an heir apparent lined up at QB.  Only one way to find out if he is any good.  Recent historical data says he should be able to just be a game manager for a year or two like Jensen, Wentz, and Stick.  

I would just expect NDSU to be good until they prove otherwise at this point.  

11 hours ago, zonadub said:

2p1scg.jpg

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, AJS said:

I don't know how this train ever stops, it really does defy all logic. As long as they are an FCS Program they'll win Championships at least 4 out of every 5 years. We are really in uncharted territory, since this isn't how sports (at least at a relatively high collegiate level) work. They'll never drop off and nobody at the FCS level has a chance to catch them.

Side note: I would have called this post preposterous a couple years ago, since like I mentioned, nobody stays on the top forever...until now. 

We’re the ones that need to take them down. We’re the only ones capable of taking them out at the knees. Their whole dynasty narrative starts with domination of this state.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, zonadub said:

That would be sica..... 100 times