SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

On 12/24/2018 at 7:09 PM, Hawkster said:

I prefer to live for bigger things.   Yes, beating the Bison in Fargo would be great, but I'm not counting on it, but I do think a playoff berth and win  is possible and even probable.   That gets us farther down the ultimate road for this program too.    Some of you are too obsessed with NDSU.

If you can't beat them (or stick with them) at the beginning of the season, you probably won't in the playoffs. Any yes, I would expect the Bison to be in the playoffs. 

Do you want to make the playoffs, or win in the playoffs? I'd prefer to win. Beating UND would be huge for any team in the FCS, why would we be any different. And yes, there is a rivalry factor. And recruiting implications. And it would be a driving force more more following and fan involvement.

Not sure which part of that wouldn't be critical in building up the program.

15 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

^^^  Will there be a section of these dressed in yellow, yelling the "S....S...S..." chant at the Pharmacy Bowl on September 7th?  Bison Pride.

Wings up, horns down!

Image result for pharmacy bowl        Image result for ndsu pharmacy program     Image result for pharmacy bowl

S--S--S ????

As much as I  dont care for that chant I cant really fault them on their observational skills. :lol:

2 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I think that this change of regime will be tougher, due to the loss of twenty some high quality seniors. I still think NDSU is dominate and makes the playoffs, but for some reason I feel as though they will be knocked off next year. I do think Klieman had a better crop overall to begin with than what Entz is taking over. However, there are still some extremely high quality athletes at NDSU. Cox is probably the best defensive player they have had during this entire run as far a complete player goes. Also, I will say now that Trey Lance will be overall better than stick. I do think the most pressure next year is on the new OL coach, who I am not sold on. I think they graduated 4-5 decent OL and without a killer OL. That NDSU offense is rather average. That's just my take on it all. All in all, NDSU will still be very competitive

What makes you think that NDSU doesn’t have the Rams to reload like they always do? They haven’t stopped recruiting the position and it’s been the strength of the team every year since the 80’s basically. 

At one point every single star NDSU has ever had on the O line was unproven. I expect the O line to continue to be the strength of the team given the team’s commitment to recruiting and developing those five positions specifically.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So much stupid in just one image. 

Please, please tell me that's a photo shopped image and not a real shirt. 

So, so much stupid ... 

That was well said.......certainly the lowest common denominator in ND.... but probably not the country (no political statement... just sayin’). There is always someone or something more stupid than the last thing you saw.

A shirt with Bison Pride I could understand but this?

5 hours ago, Bubbasburner said:

A lot of people said the same thing when Wentz went down in '15, and look what happened. I ain't worried.

There's nothing to worry about. NDSU will have superior talent to most ,if not all, FCS teams next  year as usual. It''s likely that they'll be the preseason #1 again and should be the favorite to win it all again.

UND fans imagining that NDSU will inevitably "fall from grace" or "come back down to earth" is nothing more than wishful thinking on their part. Good teams usually stay good.

51 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What makes you think that NDSU doesn’t have the Rams to reload like they always do? They haven’t stopped recruiting the position and it’s been the strength of the team every year since the 80’s basically. 

At one point every single star NDSU has ever had on the O line was unproven. I expect the O line to continue to be the strength of the team given the team’s commitment to recruiting and developing those five positions specifically.

I've sat down and chalk talked with Coach Riley 3 or 4 times and he impressed the hell out of me. NDSU's strength next year will be the QB. Very impressed by Lance.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I think that this change of regime will be tougher, due to the loss of twenty some high quality seniors. I still think NDSU is dominate and makes the playoffs, but for some reason I feel as though they will be knocked off next year. I do think Klieman had a better crop overall to begin with than what Entz is taking over. However, there are still some extremely high quality athletes at NDSU. Cox is probably the best defensive player they have had during this entire run as far a complete player goes. Also, I will say now that Trey Lance will be overall better than stick. I do think the most pressure next year is on the new OL coach, who I am not sold on. I think they graduated 4-5 decent OL and without a killer OL. That NDSU offense is rather average. That's just my take on it all. All in all, NDSU will still be very competitive

The Oline returns 3 starters. Plus the back ups get playing time due to intermittent rotation.  Th D-line  rotates alot.

If there was going to be a downfall it will be Entz himself. He isn't Bohl or Klieman - a bit rough around the edge, imo.  Roehl is a massive dropoff at OC compared to previous OC's they have had (minus Polasek who was a meathead himself).  

But any issues will probably take a few years to arise because of the talent level already in place.  It's not hard to win games when your roster is better than your opponents, which is recruiting.  

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

The Oline returns 3 starters. Plus the back ups get playing time due to intermittent rotation.  Th D-line  rotates alot.

Who are the three? I counted two when I looked at the Depth chart. They lose Bacon, Conner, and Volson. Last time I checked you only start five OL and 5-3=2. Thats my public school math kickin in.

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

They’ll be vastly improved on offense.  With the new OC being their direct pipeline to illegal stimulants their JER, or, Juicing Efficiency Ratio, will be off the charts. 

I completely understand why you’d take this approach, it’s gotta be frustrating to know there is a school following the exact guidelines your school follows yet gets such superior results. 

Its much more comforting to chalk it up as everyone on their team is cheaters and everyone on your team is 4.0 students who are in bed by 8 pm after they’ve had their warm milk.

37 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I completely understand why you’d take this approach, it’s gotta be frustrating to know there is a school following the exact guidelines your school follows yet gets such superior results. 

Its much more comforting to chalk it up as everyone on their team is cheaters and everyone on your team is 4.0 students who are in bed by 8 pm after they’ve had their warm milk.

Lighten up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Who are the three? I counted two when I looked at the Depth chart. They lose Bacon, Conner, and Volson. Last time I checked you only start five OL and 5-3=2. Thats my public school math kickin in.

You are correct. I thought Bacon had another year for some reason.

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Don’t these Bison have their own Forum to infiltrate?

Its a public forum.  Just like BV. There are UND posters there also. If you dont care to read posts from NDSU supporters you can always put them on ignore.

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

If you dont care to read posts from NDjuiceU supporters you can always      bla              bla             bla

Fixed it. ^^^     

#zippergate

#whatisnextjunioracedemicscholly2keepmouthshut

#fargopresssoldtheirsole

#protectingschoolpersonal

#howfardidthejuicespill

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Gothmog said:

There's nothing to worry about. NDSU will have superior talent to most ,if not all, FCS teams next  year as usual. It''s likely that they'll be the preseason #1 again and should be the favorite to win it all again.

UND fans imagining that NDSU will inevitably "fall from grace" or "come back down to earth" is nothing more than wishful thinking on their part. Good teams usually stay good.

Very true, and you guys stayed good in the 90’s and early 2000’s, it’s just we were better or it wouldn’t have taken you guys almost 20 years to get your first playoff game in the Fargodome. We need to step up our game to surpass you, or else the waiting for you to fall won’t happen. Could 2020 be the next 1993? Guess we will have to wait to find out.

Spectrum writer (SU's school paper) tries to claim UND is no longer SU's biggest rival (hey I didn't go looking for it, it showed up on my Facebook feed) - then shares that they are honoring their football team at halftime of the men's BB game and we already know they are hanging their banner at the UND football game - seems funny they don't do those things during a game with their biggest rival? Wonder if they will serve free juice during those games to fans? 

21 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Spectrum writer (SU's school paper) tries to claim UND is no longer SU's biggest rival (hey I didn't go looking for it, it showed up on my Facebook feed) - then shares that they are honoring their football team at halftime of the men's BB game and we already know they are hanging their banner at the UND football game - seems funny they don't do those things during a game with their biggest rival? Wonder if they will serve free juice during those games to fans? 

^^^   

Definitely showing off to the RIVAL.

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Except they ban annoying trolls just like you!

They do?? It took years to get lakes on moderation. No UND fan that I know of except SV has been banned. And hes been banned here under other monikers. You have 2-3 UND fans who are regular contributors over on BV.

• UNDBIZ locked this topic