SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've already said there's no conspiracy here.

What I've said is this is a case study on how Fargo media gives NDSU Football deferential treatment regarding certain stories that may be disadvantageous and that is not the media's job. 

Do not be to sure Mr. Sicatoka,  'The cover up is worse than the crime'.  Ask Richard Nixon?

My monicer is not for naught,

14 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Do not be to sure Mr. Sicatoka,  'The cover up is worse than the crime'.  Ask Richard Nixon?

There is no cover up. Everbody knows about it. The rub is the people here are obsessed with not knowing the details.  Which is amusing.

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I think most of us see this as an opportunity for the Bison to fall from graces. Something has to knock them off the top of the mountain and if it is because of their own undoing the. We will take it. I rather our football team rise to that level, but no team in the FCS has been able to do that consistently out side of one year (James Madison). We are tired of the Bison and all their good luck which is sometimes undeserving.

we smell blood in the water and we will attack

This is the first honest answer about the true motives of this feigned outrage I’ve seen yet. I appreciate your honesty.

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t think many of us are trying to infer that NDSU hasn’t earned all of their championships. We are just disturbed by the lack of ethics on behalf of the media and the NDSU administration. I myself will never question if NDSU deserved their championship.

I would suggest that you pay attention to your own ethics. There's really no evidence that either NDSU or the Fargo news media has been unethical at all regarding this story. All we know is that one player apparently did something he shouldn't have and got suspended for it.

This whole thread is just an example of wishing in one hand and crapping in the other. As usual, the outcome is predictable.

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

Even a closing blurp on a 10:00 PM newscast about "no Robbins in Frisco" would've given them cover.

Instead we wonder, rightly, with cause, what else they know that goes unreported. And that, yes, is worse than the situation that got us here. 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Even a closing blurp on a 10:00 PM newscast about "no Robbins in Frisco" would've given them cover.

Instead we wonder, rightly, with cause, what else they know that goes unreported. 

The whole thing amounts to absolutely nothing. It made no competitive difference in the game itself, and delaying the announcement in no way harmed the player or anyone else.

16 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

There's really no evidence that either NDSU or the Fargo news media has been unethical at all regarding this story. 

Ms. Hoole, sports director at KVLY, knew of the failed appeal (meaning she knew of the suspension also) on the Wednesday before the championship game by her own tweets. (See earlier in this thread.)

I'm yet to have someone link to her reporting on the matter (missing a starter due to NCAA action) between Wednesday and game day. 

Losing a player for a game, and a season, is newsworthy and yet went unreported by Ms Hoole until more convenient for NDSU. 

Just now, Gothmog said:

The whole thing amounts to absolutely nothing. It made no competitive difference in the game itself, and delaying the announcement in no way harmed the player or anyone else.

As I said earlier, Vegas books? EWU's game plans? 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

As I said earlier, Vegas books? EWU's game plans? 

Does the NCAA have disclosure mandates similar to the NFL? Not sure if the NFL’s mandates are specifically written as gambling mandates, but we all know why they have such strict policies on reporting their injury reports.

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ms. Hoole, sports director at KVLY, knew of the failed appeal (meaning she knew of the suspension also) on the Wednesday before the championship game by her own tweets. (See earlier in this thread.)

I'm yet to have someone link to her reporting on the matter (missing a starter due to NCAA action) between Wednesday and game day. 

Losing a player for a game, and a season, is newsworthy and yet went unreported by Ms Hoole until more convenient for NDSU. 

I see no evidence that it would have made any difference had it been reported earlier. NDSU got no competitive advantage ... the player didn't play. That's what's required.

1 hour ago, Gothmog said:

I would suggest that you pay attention to your own ethics. There's really no evidence that either NDSU or the Fargo news media has been unethical at all regarding this story. All we know is that one player apparently did something he shouldn't have and got suspended for it.

This whole thread is just an example of wishing in one hand and crapping in the other. As usual, the outcome is predictable.

How 'bout "disingenuous?" Would you agree the Forum reporters were disingenuous in not reporting what they knew? And they knew. We all knew. Everyone in Pembina Co knew because Robbins and his mom were talking. Then we all knew. Four Forum Comm reporters were on site for days and not one questioned where the starting fullback was leading up to the National Championship Game? Hmmmmm???? I think Marcil Jr. needs to re-think the competency of his sports staff. It is important because it calls into question "what else" is not being reported. Minimize all you want. It still quacks like a duck.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why dont you ask her?

13 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

How 'bout "disingenuous?" Would you agree the Forum reporters were disingenuous in not reporting what they knew? And they knew. We all knew. Everyone in Pembina Co knew because Robbins and his mom were talking. Then we all knew. Four Forum Comm reporters were on site for days and not one questioned where the starting fullback was leading up to the National Championship Game? Hmmmmm???? I think Marcil Jr. needs to re-think the competency of his sports staff. It is important because it calls into question "what else" is not being reported. Minimize all you want. It still quacks like a duck.

Are you saying the Marcils are off their game?

Just a few short years ago nobody at NDSU could fart with out it making the paper.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Are you saying the Marcils are off their game?

Just a few short years ago nobody at NDSU could fart with out it making the paper.

Nope. Saying they have changed their game. Forum Comm Sports is not news. It's propaganda masquerading poorly as news. Report the suspension and move on. No big deal. Suppress/fail to report the suspension and raise all kinds of questions. This has been going on for a long time. The kid from Munich's troubles years ago, three players sent home last year. Crickets from Forum Comm. This is just the latest. Only this time mom is talking. Why hasn't Forum Comm looked into what she's saying. Do you think the Robbins' will let this die without a fight? He lost a title game and most likely his Sr season. How's Forum Comm going to hide their fight?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Nope. Saying they have changed their game. Forum Comm Sports is not news. It's propaganda masquerading poorly as news. Report the suspension and move on. No big deal. Suppress/fail to report the suspension and raise all kinds of questions. This has been going on for a long time. The kid from Munich's troubles years ago, three players sent home last year. Crickets from Forum Comm. This is just the latest. Only this time mom is talking. Why hasn't Forum Comm looked into what she's saying. Do you think the Robbins' will let this die without a fight? He lost a title game and most likely his Sr season. How's Forum Comm going to hide their fight?

Dont care what the paper says. I do hope that mom gets some satisfaction and the kid get the year back.  I dont see them hiding anything in that regard.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I think most of us see this as an opportunity for the Bison to fall from graces. Something has to knock them off the top of the mountain and if it is because of their own undoing the. We will take it. I rather our football team rise to that level, but no team in the FCS has been able to do that consistently out side of one year (James Madison). We are tired of the Bison and all their good luck which is sometimes undeserving.

we smell blood in the water and we will attack

You better attack real hard with your keyboard, rather than relying on your team to get it done.  It’s your only shot, so you better spin this story really good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3