SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

How could you possibly know what they knew and when they knew it? Maybe we know when one of them knew based on previous posts, but when did the rest of them find out?

Thursday for many of the Forum guys.  Almost like I know something isn't it?  Almost...nah...I am making it up. 

You're right, media members don't talk amongst themselves at the field or over dinner and drinks.  

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Thursday for many of the Forum guys.  Almost like I know something isn't it?  Almost...nah...I am making it up. 

You're right, media members don't talk amongst themselves at the field or over dinner and drinks.  

So when did the rest know?

23 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Maybe, maybe not.

In both cases, a reporter is choosing to withhold information they have that the public might be interested in

That's the question we all are asking.....  Did he "choose" to withhold information?  Or was he told to not let it out?  And if told not to, by whom?

Reporting on Bison football changed significantly after reports were locked out of practices by Bohl as punishment for reporting on off the field issues.  Hands were slapped for reporting on issues and things have not been reported since   Searching court records shows that   

We know the facts on this deal, at least one reporter knew and didn’t report it.  Every reason as to why is an opinion but a starting player missing a championship game is “news”. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I think this is a perfectly rational and reasonable conclusion to draw from all of this. If you think that NDSU and the Fargo media have a mutually beneficial business relationship that they work to preserve by entering what you may consider a grey area of reporting ethics, then ok.

What I take exception with are others on this board who are attempting to conflate that relationship with some master conspiracy and diminish NDSU’s success by assuming the whole team is on steroids.

Could have been truthful and upfront, and avoided the rumor mill.    Don’t come crying to our message board because of the way ndsu handles things. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

It’s complete speculation on your part that all of them knew about it. 

Its not like reporters are taking role call on which players are there and aren’t, there’s a lot of guys on the football team. Maybe only a few noticed he wasn’t there.

Dont forget about HIPPA.

If everything you are accusing them of is 100% true, then at the absolute worst they sat on in for three days and then asked the coach to publicly address it in the post-game press conference. 

We found out they knew Wednesday about a failed appeal. 

When did they know a test failed? 

"What else do they know but are choosing to not report?" 

See the problem they've made for themselves? 

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Thats what one calls ---a logical fallacy.

"What else do they know but are choosing to not report?" is the completely logical outcome of admitting they (Hoole) knew newsworthy information on Wednesday but sat on it until Saturday evening. 

Her job is not to 'protect' NDSU Football but to report on NDSU Football, good, bad, or otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Could have been truthful and upfront, and avoided the rumor mill.    Don’t come crying to our message board because of the way ndsu handles things. 

Rumors when a story is ambiguous about the exact details? No problem.

Ridiculous logic jumps that infer NDSU hasn’t earned each and every championship by being the best team in the nation by a country mile, I’ll challenge that insane notion every day of the week.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Ridiculous logic jumps that infer NDSU hasn’t earned each and every championship by being the best team in the nation by a country mile, I’ll challenge that insane notion every day of the week.

Sounds like we’re getting to you. 

#missionaccomplished

I have a feeling what he was taking was not adderal. Every coach and player should know that adderal is not allowed by the NCAA as it is so commonly taken, especially because it legally needs to be prescribed. If the player took adderal with a prescription and they forgot to report it I assume the NCAA would not have denied the appeal for a legally prescribed medication.

I bet he took something else that is not as common and his coaches pushing it into the players could have been why if they didn’t know it was banned.

like I said before I feel bad for the player for having to miss the championship game, but it’s not like he hasn’t been able to compete in any championships. We will see if the kid speaks out if he can’t play next year.

Not exactly Watergate here. If months went by and some outsider uncovered the story and it came to light that way, yeah that’s a cover-up. But three days and then it gets addressed in no uncertain terms, I’m not seeing the major problem.

I've already said there's no conspiracy here.

What I've said is this is a case study on how Fargo media gives NDSU Football deferential treatment regarding certain stories that may be disadvantageous and that is not the media's job. 

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I don’t think many of us are trying to infer that NDSU hasn’t earned all of their championships. We are just disturbed by the lack of ethics on behalf of the media and the NDSU administration. I myself will never question if NDSU deserved their championship.

6 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Sounds like we’re getting to you. 

#missionaccomplished

And here I thought I was having a reasonable discussion with adults. 

Had I know your sole goal was to “get to me” like a petulant child, I would have focused my responses to other more mature posters.

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t think many of us are trying to infer that NDSU hasn’t earned all of their championships. We are just disturbed by the lack of ethics on behalf of the media and the NDSU administration. I myself will never question if NDSU deserved their championship.

Many have and continue to make that conclusion here. Good on you for being reasonable.

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've already said there's no conspiracy here.

What I've said is this is a case study on how Fargo media gives NDSU Football deferential treatment regarding certain stories that may be disadvantageous and that is not the media's job. 

That’s a fair criticism, I don’t share your concern, but we understandably come at this topic with different perspectives.

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

And here I thought I was having a reasonable discussion with adults. 

Had I know your sole goal was to “get to me” like a petulant child, I would have focused my responses to other more mature posters.

If you had a reasonable argument, you wouldn’t come off as an ignorant child.    

Still waiting for you to make a logical argument. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

If you had a reasonable argument, you wouldn’t come off as an ignorant child.    

Still waiting for you to make a logical argument. 

I understand why you’d feel that way, my logic does tend to cater to the more intelligent posters here. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Many have and continue to make that conclusion here. Good on you for being reasonable.

I think most of us see this as an opportunity for the Bison to fall from graces. Something has to knock them off the top of the mountain and if it is because of their own undoing the. We will take it. I rather our football team rise to that level, but no team in the FCS has been able to do that consistently out side of one year (James Madison). We are tired of the Bison and all their good luck which is sometimes undeserving.

we smell blood in the water and we will attack

• Upvote 1