SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Regarding the Jan Brady reference, here is what it means: despite SU having among the best football programs in the country some SU fans find the need to monitor UND's fan site and make sure that nothing said by their fans goes unchallenged. They are oblivious to the fact that by nature a school's fan site is going to have comments that are optimistic, and in some cases unsubstantiated. That we as fans are allowed to be positive about our team, and that a fan site exists to provide fans of that school with a place to enjoy discussion and share thoughts. 

These "Jan Bradys" feel the need to challenge nearly every comment and continual try to downgrade UND because they subconsciously have an inferiority complex (oh and they hate it when that truth is pointed out - which they are proving just by being here constantly). It also kills them that UND is and always will be the Flagship University of the state. History has shown that Sioux Sports has an abundance of SU fans who hover and/or comment on our fan site - in their mind to just "add to the discussion". But it is seldom a discussion and almost always the need to question our natural optimism or create topic drift or UND bash.  

So when we see someone new join the discussion and it is quite obvious that another SU fan feels the need to "state facts" excuse us for rolling our eyes and not rolling out the welcome mat (by the way it's been shared here that Bison-Swille doesn't allow non-fans to join and "share facts" that question "the herd". I can't verify that because I never go there I have no interest in SU sports and do not feel the need to waste time on something that does not interest me.  

Hope that clears things up. 

Thank you for the explanation....clears a lot up.

2 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Satter is a great kid  but PWO at either school.  (Because of position he plays) UND offers to force SU's hand on legacy recruit.  It's that simple. And how the game is played. Satter Family can thank UND. 

I agree with this. I thought Balvitch was the better RB for Davies last year. Maybe he’ll develop into a stud but right now looks like a reach. 

5 hours ago, BAT67 said:

Is it just me but it looks like since freund got the oc job und has been more aggressive on north dakota players?

Looks like UND is trying to go back to their roots. Homegrown talent. I don't care where they come from as long as we win. I got a feeling that Freund is going to give us an offense that has been missing for quite a while.

Bison fans will always say they win the recruiting battle every year. They lose to us 10 of 13 games in the 90's and early 2000's, with Jim Kleinsasser running past their pathetic defense, and its the same ol sh*t line from them "we have better recruits than you". 

Let's put it this way - in the last 10 years we've lost a hand full of games and are you guys even 500?  The Bison have won 7 out of the last 8 NC's, so yeah they know what they're doing in recruiting.  It's called player development, something your team is sorely missing.  The Satter kid will play on defense.

10 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Let's put it this way - in the last 10 years we've lost a hand full of games and are you guys even 500?  The Bison have won 7 out of the last 8 NC's, so yeah they know what they're doing in recruiting.  It's called player development, something your team is sorely missing.  The Satter kid will play on defense.

More historical data. 

You sucked in ND this year - it's OK.  Embrace it.

15 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Once again, ignoring the current and assuming based on historical data.  Your ND recruiting was average at best this year. That's all, nothing to be ashamed of.

Dont really care if the recruiting in ND was average as thats probably what the talent pool was this year.  We got some great recruits from other states. But I will give you credit on your trolling by using the word "destroyed"

You got the reaction you were looking for.   Hence my :lol:

1 minute ago, bison73 said:

Dont really care if the recruiting in ND was average as we got some great recruits from other states. But I will give you credit on your trolling by using the word "destroyed"

You got the reaction you were looking for.   Hence my :lol:

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Yes, you guys have dominated the FCS world since 2010, while we are barely on our feet. But give credit where credit is do, we have beaten you in recruiting battles in the past, and history will come full circle as is has before and we will beat you again in recruiting battles and the battle on the field. This year, next year, next decade we won't know until the games are played.  

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

Let's put it this way - in the last 10 years we've lost a hand full of games and are you guys even 500?  The Bison have won 7 out of the last 8 NC's, so yeah they know what they're doing in recruiting.  It's called STEROIDS, something your team is sorely missing.  The Satter kid will play on defense.

FYP

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Yes, you guys have dominated the FCS world since 2010, while we are barely on our feet. But give credit where credit is do, we have beaten you in recruiting battles in the past, and history will come full circle as is has before and we will beat you again in recruiting battles and the battle on the field. This year, next year, next decade we won't know until the games are played.  

I have never seen the logic in this statement, some things can go the way of buggy whips and pagers.

31 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

One guy using steroids vs. rampant use throughout the locker room encouraged by the coaching staff...   hmm... I wonder which is worse....

Rampant use of what?