SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

1 hour ago, Goon said:

This past year, for a couple of games, I watched NCHC TV. I connected my iPad Mini to my television via a HDMI cable. It worked awesome.

I've watched a few games with laptop connected to TV with a cable (I think it is HDMI) but sound only comes out laptop speakers..  better than nothing

5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I've watched a few games with laptop connected to TV with a cable (I think it is HDMI) but sound only comes out laptop speakers..  better than nothing

Except for the CC Broadcast, the others NCHC schools were too bad. I am hoping more away games are on TV this season.

3 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

You can change your audio settings to play over tv

If you are connected via hdmi from notebook to tv, check your audio device in control panel. The playback tab should have a hdmi output. Select that and make it your default when using the hdmi connection, and it will play over the tv speakers.

37 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

There's a fix for that! I will check out the setting tonight and let you know. 

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Right click on the speaker in the bottom right, go to playback devices.  When your computer is hooked up to the TV via HDMI, make sure that is selected as the default in your playback devices.

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Allegedly they are working on a deal with ROKU but no updates yet.

The NCHC is meeting with Neulion this month to discuss getting a Roku app.  It's not currently in the contract, but neither was NCHC.tv when they first signed.  It would be something Neulion would have to coordinate, but the NCHC would pay for.  With the growth of NCHC.tv over the past year, combined with some recent budget-saving measures the conference has taken, it should be affordable.

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Looks like Midco is bringing up a douche nozzle from South Dakota for the hockey broadcasts.....wow.  

At least it's just for one more year. 

He did call UND men's and women's basketball last year, but yeah, hockey is a different animal.  Hopefully he does his homework.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Looks like Midco is bringing up a douche nozzle from South Dakota for the hockey broadcasts.....wow.  

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211038995

To my ears he was quite competent at hoops play by play. 

Not sure what to say re the "Douche Nozzle" comment. 

Embarrassing. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Is there a reason you don't like the guy? Have you heard his work before? :huh:

Yes I've heard his work, I don't think the hockey knowledge is there at all.  He sounds very much like a SCSU student run broadcaster. Basketball is a much much easier sport to call 

I think there are a lot more qualified options in the area.....willing to work for what midco is willing to pay........that may cut that list down by alot!

I think Hammer was a betterPxP guy than this guy, and that's difficult to admit.

The basic knowledge of the program the history, the experience....it's just not there in any way such as guys like Hennessey, Sweeney, Looker, or almost anybody who's actually been around the program.

The insight, and experiences are what add depth and color to a broadcast, to be able to draw out and paint the experience to the fans, this guy.....very clinical and bland run of the mill, not what we should have as the voice painting the story of excellence and grandeur for the greatest college hockey program in the country.

Imho this was a budget hire plain and simple. They could do better.

• Downvote 5

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yes I've heard his work, I don't think the hockey knowledge is there at all.  He sounds very much like a SCSU student run broadcaster. Basketball is a much much easier sport to call 

I think there are a lot more qualified options in the area.....willing to work for what midco is willing to pay........that may cut that list down by alot!

I think Hammer was a betterPxP guy than this guy, and that's difficult to admit.

The basic knowledge of the program the history, the experience....it's just not there in any way such as guys like Hennessey, Sweeney, Looker, or almost anybody who's actually been around the program.

The insight, and experiences are what add depth and color to a broadcast, to be able to draw out and paint the experience to the fans, this guy.....very clinical and bland run of the mill, not what we should have as the voice painting the story of excellence and grandeur for the greatest college hockey program in the country.

Imho this was a budget hire plain and simple. They could do better.

Only one person you mentioned is capable of doing the entire job for Midco.  It's not just showing up on the weekends and doing some play-by-play.  Hammer also worked his ass off during the week in putting together stories, interviews, weekly coaches shows and more.  The only person who has any video experience is Sweeney and he didn't apply.

• Upvote 2

Just now, northernraider said:

Sometimes I feel like hockey fans just hate any change. (This coming from a hockey fan)

Give the guy a chance.  Hockey has to be the hardest sport to be a PxP guy for.  It will take time but the guy is good at hoops and brings energy.  He will be fine after a half-season or so.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2016 at 9:06 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

This is what a color commentator exists for.  The play by play guy is supposed to tell you what's happening and not be such a brutal Homer.  Sure is great for the play by play guy to have history but you have to start somewhere.   This guy could end up being a long time voice of the Hawks.

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2016 at 4:03 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Take one to know one and you SPRAY more than you ever say - what a jerky comment!   This hire has UND's approval as well - they were part of the process and because of that will likely be for more than "one more year"...grow up!  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Take one to know one and you SPRAY more than you ever say - what a jerky comment!   This hire has UND's approval as well - they were part of the process and because of that will likely be for more than "one more year"...grow up!  

Agreed, this hire should lock up a contract extension for Midco 

• Upvote 1