SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

Has anyone's NCHC account been debited yet?  There was a special this year running through 8/31 however when reading the NCHC website it noted that users which had accounts last year would have their subscription renewed automatically.

they charged me 1.93 for marketing- don't remember agreeing to that... 

Will your games be aired on ESPN3 and not NCHC.TV?

If NCHC.TV, are you sure ESPN will allow you to use their equipment for hockey games?

its not ESPN's equipment, the individual schools had  to buy the equipment and own it.  ESPN consulted  schools onw  equipment to buy and provided training.  Miami and WMU can do whatever they want as long as they dont use their copyrighted logo

Has anyone's NCHC account been debited yet?  There was a special this year running through 8/31 however when reading the NCHC website it noted that users which had accounts last year would have their subscription renewed automatically.

I emailed them; renews the same date you originally bought it last with the credit card on file in the amount of 81.95.  I have a charge of some amount less than 2 dollars pending from them at the moment as well. 

Games will not be on ESPN3, but production should be ESPN quality

As someone who has directed productions on ESPN3, it is not as easy as adding some training and fancy equipment.  People train and work for years to get to the level of a high-end production.  No doubt the broadcast should be improved (it really doesn't take much) but it will not be ESPN quality.

Edited by southpaw
  • Upvote 1

Games will not be on ESPN3, but production should be ESPN quality

I will believe it when I see it. The last two seasons, the WMU online broadcast have been nothing short of pitiful. So far, they've been unable to keep up with the sheer volume of UND fans that log on to watch the hockey games.  

I'll agree with the last few comments - while the production quality may not improve much, the broadcast quality will make an incremental jump from last season.  That was the first year for NCHC.tv and I really enjoyed it and think it is heading in the right direction and will only improve over time.  The conference and the schools are committed to improving even if it is taking longer than we would like.  Josh Fenton was very well-liked for what he had accomplished at Miami and I believe he is doing an outstanding job as the NCHC Commish. 

I know that this is a little of topic but has anyone used the EverSport link to watch Big Sky games.  I am trying to use the site and I don't see how to register and does it allow you to watch archived games.  The old AmericaOne site I could watch archived games.  Thanks in advance for any help..

For away, out of conference games, what do we know about viewing?

Vermont streams their games free on their Youtube channel.  Good out of conference opponent choice.

Michigan State might get picked up by Big Ten Network, otherwise do they stream?

Icebreaker tourney?  Bemidji State?  I know the latter is on Prairie Public or something like that, but what about online?

Those are the only unknowns.  Not bad compared to where we were a few years ago.

And because the season is only 2 weeks away, Fox is unlikely to pick up anything until the second half.  Terrible TV deal.

minor league stuff. They don't care as long as everyone gets the steaming deal which still isn't great and it's 2015. Midco feels like a 1989 broadcast, embarrassing. Then add the CBS deal. 

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=210348417

3 und games. What a kick in the nuts this one is.

Yep. It's a sh*t deal. No way around it. How many years are left in the CBS Sports Net contract? The league should start looking for alternatives. I love the crew the does the CBS Sports games but not that much.

Also don't get why the bloody hell Notre Dame's crappy hockey team needs more air time when they already have NBC Sports Network airing their games.

Edited by SiouxFanatic

Yep. It's a sh*t deal. No way around it. How many years are left in the CBS Sports Net contract? The league should start looking for alternatives. I love the crew the does the CBS Sports games but not that much.

Also don't get why the bloody hell Notre Dame's crappy hockey team needs more air time when they already have NBC Sports Network airing their games.

wouldn't be a shocker to see Notre Dame in the nacho in the next few seasons.  this seems like a precursor.  ASU/Mankato/Bowling Green would all love to keep it an even number.

If I am not mistaken, Midco cannot carry a game CBSSN is doing...

That is correct. My point is that the 2 home games to be broadcast on CBSSN would have been available on MIDCO anyway, so, in my case, I gain one game. I was hoping for away games at Duluth or St. Cloud or CC or Omaha.....games we probably wouldn't have a chance to view normally.

• Upvote 1

Just saw the TV schedule- wow! Any chance of FOX coming to the rescue?

My understanding was, in the past, there was an exclusivity agreement, that NCHC games could not be broadcast through other national outlets like Fox; only CBS. This really seemed dumb, since the Fox College Sports broadcast worked so well prior to that CBS agreement. 

UND and the NCHC need to push really hard to be able to broadcast though FCS, if the game is not already on the CBS Sports schedule. I'm not sure if this is something they can do, or are working on doing, but watching on FCS was way better than the NCHC online games. The quality of those seemed to vary from game to game.

My understanding was, in the past, there was an exclusivity agreement, that NCHC games could not be broadcast through other national outlets like Fox; only CBS. This really seemed dumb, since the Fox College Sports broadcast worked so well prior to that CBS agreement. 

UND and the NCHC need to push really hard to be able to broadcast though FCS, if the game is not already on the CBS Sports schedule. I'm not sure if this is something they can do, or are working on doing, but watching on FCS was way better than the NCHC online games. The quality of those seemed to vary from game to game.

I thought they came out before last season and said games could now be on fcs as they had overcame that clause with CBS. And games weren't made available on fcs last season because midco wasn't ready to share the games with fcs.

One thing I've learned since und accepted money from midco for the TV contract - it's now all about the mighty dollar.

I thought they came out before last season and said games could now be on fcs as they had overcame that clause with CBS. And games weren't made available on fcs last season because midco wasn't ready to share the games with fcs.

One thing I've learned since und accepted money from midco for the TV contract - it's now all about the mighty dollar.

Could be, I'm not sure. Hadn't heard that part of it, but hadn't really dug into the issue much either.