SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

16 minutes ago, sprig said:

Grandkids have been watching lots of stuff with the Hulu and Amazon Prime app on Roku. Works great,  no problems (Century link Internet through dish)

Less hassle than hooking up a notebook every time, but results should be the same

Streams from certain schools have not been as good,  and the schools need to ( and may have already) make them better.  Roku itself can't improve on that. 

The newest roku stick is just $50 and has all apps many use, plus nchc .tv this fall. You have to spend extra to get the roku box that supports 4k UHD

Thanks for the feedback, I may invest in the Roku, unless anyone knows if the PS4 or XBox have the same capabilities in terms of watching NCHC.tv.

I intend on getting a new system anyway so I don't want to double up unless I need to.

6 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

xbox one has an espn 3 app. PS4 does not but it has a "Live event viewer" app that i am exploring but I have a feeling it is pay per view type of thing. 

I just purchased an Xbox 1 for the family and was pleasantly surprised by the ESPN3 capability and all the other "free" tv options. Sounds like PS will soon be coming out with a next gen platform so maybe there will be something that provides ESPN3 and other similar free-to-watch apps. 

• Upvote 1

I'm curious to see how the nchc roku app performs. I've been using my phone as a mobile hotspot and Netflix works great. The past couple weeks I was watching some live olympics feeds with mixed results. Occasional buffering but i think that may have been a nbc feed problem. We will soon find out!

18 hours ago, Cratter said:

....hopefully cbs sports decides to stream online this year!!

CBS Sports already streams CBSSN online at website and on phone app.

http://www.cbssports.com/watch/cbssportsnetwork/

You have to sign in with one of only 3 cable providers though.

Cox, Frontier, or Optimum.

If you have one of those three then all the NCHC games will be streamed online and mobile.

20 minutes ago, #MACtion said:

CBS Sports already streams CBSSN online at website and on phone app.

http://www.cbssports.com/watch/cbssportsnetwork/

You have to sign in with one of only 3 cable providers though.

Cox, Frontier, or Optimum.

If you have one of those three then all the NCHC games will be streamed online and mobile.

Nice! The person I poach my sign in from has frontier.  You just saved me a few bar tabs.

Big Grey I was looking on the NCHC facebook page and they had a story about it a week or so back.  From their comments replying to people asking it sounds like they are building it and will be available in September.  I sure hope so because I purchased a Roku stick and the NCHC.tv subscription for my mom.  I know she couldn't handle hooking a computer up to a tv to watch.  I would doubt they would announce an app and not deliver.

26 minutes ago, ted2you said:

will Direct TV show the game?

I think I read where like 4 or 5 will be on one of the fcs channels like 608.  You need to get the sports pack to get that channel.  I think still $12 a month extra.

So what's with the massively inflated price for NCHC.tv this year?  The "Early Bird" special this year is $95.  Last year I bought the pass in November (so I assume that was full price) and it was only $90.  My confirmation email says "NCHC Annual Pass" so I'm assuming that's not just the UND pass, but the whole NCHC.

6 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

So what's with the massively inflated price for NCHC.tv this year?  The "Early Bird" special this year is $95.  Last year I bought the pass in November (so I assume that was full price) and it was only $90.  My confirmation email says "NCHC Annual Pass" so I'm assuming that's not just the UND pass, but the whole NCHC.

We got that last year it was everything. And you could multi screen if you wanted to. Watch all the games at once. 

3 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

The increased costs associated with adding the AppleTV and Roku apps that many people requested.  

Not sure if mentioned but looking through the NDSU TV/RADIO bid info:http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/GM-EDITORIAL-Takeaways-from-competition-for-the-NDSU-contract-391338082.html

And the TV Bids: http://www.valleynewslive-ondemand.com/pdf/Football television proposals_Redacted.pdf

It is interesting the Midco was offering to put NDSU football on Prairie Television, which I believe is PBS correct? Yet UND wasn't able to get this even for hockey? I understand wanting to build your subscriber base, but c'mon

Also offered ESPN3. 

Use related links on right side to find all the info.

Good find. Why wouldn't they offer the pbs deal for und hockey? My guess is they had to drop their drawers because ndsu already has statewide coverage with kvly/nbc of nd and it was their only way to answer yes to the question to remain competitive. Where as und does not currently have statewide coverage. Why the admin at und don't negotiate this with their other contract offers is beyond me. 

Keep in mind 13.4 pbs is standard def only.