SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

58 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Completely agree....this is so messed up. Does anyone know the original charge we all paid in year one? I have had this subscription and every year I fight with them to get my auto renewal set up. I just heard back from SideArm and they are trying to charge me $112 for this year. I am almost positive the rate was like $80 in year one.

That group is a mess - every year it is a mess.  It is so sad.

4 minutes ago, FSSD said:

That group is a mess - every year it is a mess.  It is so sad.

They basically just told me that it should be $105 instead of $112. I went back and found a $89.95 charge from Nuelion (previous vendor) however the transaction description isn't good enough (doesn't explicitly state annual renewal, etc.). You would think SideArm would have downloaded all previous data (trx history, etc). Also, those at NCHC should have communicated this "grand father deal". I cannot be the only one brining this up.

SideArm could tell me that they can see I've been a customer since 2014 but they have no history as far the payments I've made prior to 2020. At this point, they should know what the grand father rate is. An no...I don't care about the $15-$20, it's more principle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

They basically just told me that it should be $105 instead of $112. I went back and found a $89.95 charge from Nuelion (previous vendor) however the transaction description isn't good enough (doesn't explicitly state annual renewal, etc.). You would think SideArm would have downloaded all previous data (trx history, etc). Also, those at NCHC should have communicated this "grand father deal". I cannot be the only one brining this up.

SideArm could tell me that they can see I've been a customer since 2014 but they have no history as far the payments I've made prior to 2020. At this point, they should know what the grand father rate is. An no...I don't care about the $15-$20, it's more principle.

Agree on all counts..  one of the renewals failed for me and I was never able to get the grandfather price again.

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Why is the renewal price so varying? For me, it's being renewed on 11/12/21 for $109.95 which I've had since 11/10/17. Under inactive subscriptions, it shows that I've previously paid $104.95/year(from 10/16/16 to 11/10/17) and then originally $89.95 from 2014-2016. The subscription I have is the NCHC Friends and Family Sale.

17 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Why is the renewal price so varying? For me, it's being renewed on 11/12/21 for $109.95 which I've had since 11/10/17. Under inactive subscriptions, it shows that I've previously paid $104.95/year(from 10/16/16 to 11/10/17) and then originally $89.95 from 2014-2016. The subscription I have is the NCHC Friends and Family Sale.

Mine is being auto-renewed on 12/1 for $112.95. My inactive subs shows an NCHC Friends and Family sub for $94.95 from 2016. Very inconsistent.

23 hours ago, axnecorl said:

How many devices are allowed to stream NCHC TV? Could I stream from NW North Dakota at the same time as family in GF? Thanks for any help!

With all the frustration around the pricing and renewals, I thought I would drop a little good news. One of the changes that Sidearm made when they acquired NCHC.tv is they took off the one concurrent stream at a time rule. I believe you can have either 3 or 5 concurrent streams on a login now before it starts throwing a fit now, I can't remember which one it was, but its more than 1...which is nice.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 5:04 PM, ChesterFritz90 said:

With all the frustration around the pricing and renewals, I thought I would drop a little good news. One of the changes that Sidearm made when they acquired NCHC.tv is they took off the one concurrent stream at a time rule. I believe you can have either 3 or 5 concurrent streams on a login now before it starts throwing a fit now, I can't remember which one it was, but its more than 1...which is nice.

I didn't even realize that this had changed! When my wife was working out of state, we would both try to stream and it would lock one or the other of us out after a short while. That sucked. Buying 2 subscriptions for about 3 years sucked even worse.

On 9/28/2021 at 4:04 PM, ChesterFritz90 said:

Siedarm acquired nchc.tv?

4 hours ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

Well, Sidearm actually acquired and subsequently absorbed Neulion College, which operated NCHC.tv at the time, back in May 2019. We are entering the third season with Sidearm operating NCHC.tv.

Right.  They dont have any ownership or recieve any type of investment revenue from it, correct?  The word "acquired" confused me a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sodbuster said:

Is it possible to watch a game in its entirety from the beginning although the game is still in progress through the archives on NCHC TV? I'm thinking of Saturday night's 4:00 Miami game. I won't be able to start watching till about 7:00.

Yes

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Nooooo! So he is out at UND for good? Or is this just for the rest of this season?

Just January as per the release...

Something called David Brown will take Alex spot for the time.

Too bad..... would have been a good opportunity for a Legend to fill in.....

#BringBackSweeney lives 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think it sounds like he will still do the UND games that are not on CBS. But I’m not 100 percent. That was my interpretation. 

My interpretation is that the only UND game he will call for the remainder of the regular season will be on February 18 at Minnesota-Duluth, a game broadcast on CBS SN.  But he may be able to call UND home games on Saturdays since there are no Saturday CBS dates.  Not sure on that one.  After the regular season, he also may be able to call UND's first-round playoff series, assuming it's played at home.

24 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Just January as per the release...

January and February (all of the NCHC regular season broadcasts).  I'm also assuming he will call the Frozen Faceoff in March, as well.

45 minutes ago, Dustin said:

"The previous voice of the NCHC on CBS Sports, Ben Holden, is calling KHL games this season."

Geez, who'd Holden piss off to get that assignment?