SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

19 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

PlutoTV hasn't been very good for me.  Using a Roku with Midco.

Problems with vb as well? In the game just started the volleyball is streaming perfectly for me but no sound. Big Sky TV on my phone has sound but the picture froze up

Watching on roku for a bit now. Sound came on but with the sound came some splotches once in awhile not pixelation but something else and the HD picture quality is in and out.

Edit: I've watched only last season's football reruns and some live volleyball on Roku and hadn't had a problem before but the volleyball is not working well on Roku today. At the same time it's working perfectly on Big Sky TV

25 minutes ago, sprig said:

Problems with vb as well? In the game just started the volleyball is streaming perfectly for me but no sound. Big Sky TV on my phone has sound but the picture froze up

Watching on roku for a bit now. Sound came on but with the sound came some splotches once in awhile not pixelation but something else and the HD picture quality is in and out.

Edit: I've watched only last season's football reruns and some live volleyball on Roku and hadn't had a problem before but the volleyball is not working well on Roku today. At the same time it's working perfectly on Big Sky TV

The issues you're describing for the vb game are what I've experienced for vb, especially for und home games. I haven't watched live football yet. 

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The issues you're describing for the vb game are what I've experienced for vb, especially for und home games. I haven't watched live football yet. 

Until today I've  only watched road games and they worked well. Possibly some problems with what's getting streamed out of the Betty? 

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Seems like when the audio drops out the picture is really good, but when the audio kicks back in the video goes to hell.

Same for me. Since it's streaming well on computer with Big Sky TV right now it must be something through Roku.

Will be checking tonight for the end of the football game after getting home from hockey

27 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Really?! I can't remember a time I didn't watch a UND away game in Alaska from a crappy live stream on my computer.

Have I been missing something?

I remember watching games from Anchorage in 2009. I seem to remember doing so after that as well. They had those commercials for a local restaurant in Anchorage that were pretty entertaining.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:34 PM, sprig said:

Of the four big sky games that have started,  one is streaming well (NAU) while the other three are hd but I'm getting the occasional splotchiness. Not enough to make me give up on roku but not perfect. 

Watched the hockey game via the NCHC TV app through the roku.  Flawless.

Makes me think it's more of a Pluto-specific issue.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Watched the hockey game via the NCHC TV app through the roku.  Flawless.

Makes me think it's more of a Pluto-specific issue.

Have to agree as I've streamed from other apps on Roku without problem, as well as free movies and news on pluto without problems. Seems to be specific to big sky TV on pluto

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Will the UND@UAA hockey games this weekend be picked up by Midco? They have done that in the past.

The only time I've ever seen a game on TV in Alaska is when Minnesota played up there and FSN carried the feed or set a crew up there. Frank and Doug called the game fro the studio in back in Minnesota.

Just now, cberkas said:

The only time I've ever seen a game on TV in Alaska is when Minnesota played up there and FSN carried the feed or set a crew up there. Frank and Doug called the game fro the studio in back in Minnesota.

I'm pretty sure the last few times Und played in Alaska the games were picked up.  Hope that is the case this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

I'm pretty sure the last few times Und played in Alaska the games were picked up.  Hope that is the case this year. 

1 hour ago, Sodbuster said:

I don't remember which years, but I have watched UND play at Alaska on MIDCO or the old FSSN or whatever.

That is what I was referring to.

17 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I remember watching games from Anchorage in 2009. I seem to remember doing so after that as well. They had those commercials for a local restaurant in Anchorage that were pretty entertaining.

I also remember watching them on TV, and the seats had hardly anyone sitting in them.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

The last time UND played in Alaska was 2012. Midco did not carry UND hockey then. 

from UNDsports.com web site

Fri, 
Dec 02
Alaska Anchorage * - - at Anchorage, Alaska at Anchorage, Alaska W, 5-2 Broadcast FSSN, MidcoSN3 96.1 FMLive Stats Twitter
Sat, 
Dec 03
Alaska Anchorage * - - at Anchorage, Alaska at Anchorage, Alaska W, 4-1 Broadcast FSSN, MidcoSN3 96.1 FMLive Stats Twitter

33 minutes ago, Big Green said:

from UNDsports.com web site

Fri, 
Dec 02
Alaska Anchorage * - - at Anchorage, Alaska at Anchorage, Alaska W, 5-2 Broadcast FSSN, MidcoSN3 96.1 FMLive Stats Twitter
Sat, 
Dec 03
Alaska Anchorage * - - at Anchorage, Alaska at Anchorage, Alaska W, 4-1 Broadcast FSSN, MidcoSN3 96.1 FMLive Stats Twitter

I think what OP meant was that Midco didn't produce the games.  They were still on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network (FSSN).

On 9/2/2017 at 12:52 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

They should really continue to run those commercials regardless of whether they are open or not.

Seriously, that is the place where safety comes first, and you'll always get expert AUTO REPAIR WORK!!!

Great jingle!

4 hours ago, southpaw said:

Only games played in NCHC arenas are on the NCHC package.

That's funny...on the NCHC page it says "never miss a game" buy the package! It does not say....never miss a game played in an NCHC arena!!! Advertising pisses me off! They are as crooked as a used car salesman...