SiouxSports.com Forum

Top 10 Moments in Sioux History since 2000

fight on sioux

Trupp certainly gave us some memories. I'd have to include that brilliant diving back-check against Manitoba his freshman year. I knew we had something special in him when I saw that.

I remember that and thinking the same thing. Thinking to myself, a freshman doing this without tripping up the guy. Stecher reminds me of a defensive Trupp. We were definetly spoiled with Trupp. Thats what i like about some of these smaller guys not getting drafted, they work their asses off and might stay all 4 years

This. I wasn't there, I was watching the game on TV, but you could tell how loud that building was with that first save. You could hear the roar over the announcers.

I all seriousness, that was a pretty awesome moment.  A guy that had been with the program all those years and gave it is all every day in practice knowing that he would probably not play.  Says a lot about the character about Tate Maris.  When he made the save on the only shot he faces, the place went nuts!!  A much well deserved moment for Tate!!

Trupp picking the puck up on his stick against UMD made the Xcel Center electric(no pun intended)

Even though he didn't score, just the confidence to do it was something I'll never forget

I was at that game and when he picked the puck up i thought to myself, can he do that, is that legal? Lol, i had never seen it done before. To this day every time i watch that video all i can do is laugh, it was a very special moment for my first trip to the Final 5

- Eidsness' positioning, even in that short clip, makes me sad that Zane could be gone.

Eidsness was one of the biggest liabilities I've ever seen in net. He was on some good teams too. I'm not sure how we didn't have someone better than him until Dell stepped up, it still blows my mind.

I was at that game and when he picked the puck up i thought to myself, can he do that, is that legal? Lol, i had never seen it done before. To this day every time i watch that video all i can do is laugh, it was a very special moment for my first trip to the Final 5

That's exactly what I thought too.  Almost felt like the should call some sort of traveling violation.

Are these Sioux moments or UND moments? Because if they are Sioux moments, then technically nothing after the spring of 2012 should be included as the school no longer wants to be associated with that name since it was officially dropped. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Jesus!

Are these Sioux moments or UND moments? Because if they are Sioux moments, then technically nothing after the spring of 2012 should be included as the school no longer wants to be associated with that name since it was officially dropped. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

They dropped the name?

• Upvote 2

Are these supposed to be "moments" or something like "events" or "stretches of time?" Comebacks against the gophers and title games aren't "moments." Trupp's carrying the puck is probably several moments stuck together. I wish they were all moments, but they aren't. :)

All in the spirit of fun, Dave.

My favorite moments, in no particular order:

-2007 West Regional OT winner over Goofs

-Kyle Radke beating the snot out of a DU player between periods

-Dasher Dance

-2010 playoff series vs. Gophers (Frattin's demolition derby & throttling them twice)

-2008 West Regional comeback and OT win over Wisconsin

-Trupp's OT winner batted out of the air vs. the Gophers

-Last year's shorty OT winner vs. Air Force

-Doug Woog vs. Dean Blais Bubble Hockey 

My favorite moments, in no particular order:

-2007 West Regional OT winner over Goofs

-Kyle Radke beating the snot out of a DU player between periods

-Dasher Dance

-2010 playoff series vs. Gophers (Frattin's demolition derby & throttling them twice)

-2008 West Regional comeback and OT win over Wisconsin

-Trupp's OT winner batted out of the air vs. the Gophers

-Last year's shorty OT winner vs. Air Force

-Doug Woog vs. Dean Blais Bubble Hockey

So which ones are "Sioux" memories and "UND" memeories? I'd like that clarrified please :)

It's not a "moment" but a collection of moments .... the streak in January-March 2007 where Duncan scored 14 goals on 28 SOG.  Yeah that's .500.   

It was called "The Duncan Spot" for good reason.

I was always a big fan, but this particular detail I have never heard.  Wow!  They weren't all tap-in's either.  He has a very particular skill that's exceedingly rare, getting the puck in the net.

How could anyone forget the final home game of the year on March 17th, 2012 with the long, overdue, and much anticipated debut of Tate Maris!!  Statistically the best goalie to ever play for UND. :)

Tate was so awesome.  I remember a blowout playoff game when I got stranded in GF cuz Hwy 2 got closed.  I think it was Frattin and Gregoire with hat tricks, so hats were 33% off in the Sioux shop.  I went in to check them out and Tate was in there with Bruno.  He was trying on hats while telling Bruno that it was embarrassing to be in there with everyone staring at him cuz he was such a big deal. :D

Tate was so awesome. I remember a blowout playoff game when I got stranded in GF cuz Hwy 2 got closed. I think it was Frattin and Gregoire with hat tricks, so hats were 33% off in the Sioux shop. I went in to check them out and Tate was in there with Bruno. He was trying on hats while telling Bruno that it was embarrassing to be in there with everyone staring at him cuz he was such a big deal. :D

I was at this game also. The weather was crazy. My mother in law was picking us up, and my wife and I were huddled next to the statue outside, was seriously wondering if we were going to freeze to death.

How can the day that a powder blue AMC Gremlin*, with two Gopher alum-bobo-rubes in it, rattled down I-35 from Dinkeytown to Faribault to talk to "The Savior" not be on this list? 

*OK, OK, "powder blue AMC Gremlin" is not accurate. It was maroon** with gold striping. :D

**OK. OK. I was being nice; it wasn't maroon, it was rust(ed). And don't ask about what the yellow striping really was. ;)