SiouxSports.com Forum

Top 10 Moments in Sioux History since 2000

fight on sioux

I forgot another favorite - "Glow Stick Night" vs. Wisconsin

The Ralph decided it would be cool to give everyone a green glowstick to wave during player intros, and it looked pretty cool, especially when they started raining down on the ice.  :p  I remember it was one from the upper deck, then a couple more, and then the floodgates opened up and what felt like thousands rained down. I'm pretty sure someone managed to throw one inside of a Wisconsin player's face mask.

How can the day that a powder blue AMC Gremlin*, with two Gopher alum-bobo-rubes in it, rattled down I-35 from Dinkeytown to Faribault to talk to "The Savior" not be on this list? 

*OK, OK, "powder blue AMC Gremlin" is not accurate. It was maroon** with gold striping. :D

**OK. OK. I was being nice; it wasn't maroon, it was rust(ed). And don't ask about what the yellow striping really was. ;)

I forget but who were those two boobs again?

Some great moments mentioned here already.  I'd like to add an honorable mention to the 2001 championship game, tying the score in the final six minutes and taking that game to OT was inspiring.  The game didn't end the way I wanted it to, but it sure made me proud to bleed green and white.  

Some great moments mentioned here already.  I'd like to add an honorable mention to the 2001 championship game, tying the score in the final six minutes and taking that game to OT was inspiring.  The game didn't end the way I wanted it to, but it sure made me proud to bleed green and white.

Dang right.

I will go for another real moment in the semi finals 2 days earlier. ESPN was doing a little insert on how "unscoronable" Ryan Miller was, just as Spiewak blasted one by him a minute into the game. Totally ruined their storyline. Totally made my day.

• Upvote 1

Dang right.

I will go for another real moment in the semi finals 2 days earlier. ESPN was doing a little insert on how "unscoronable" Ryan Miller was, just as Spiewak blasted one by him a minute into the game. Totally ruined their storyline. Totally made my day.

IIRC it was on UND's first SOG as well.

Dang right.

One of my favorite moments. Rocket slapshot over his shoulder for the game winner.

• Upvote 1

Some people here can remember most every moment from every game they've seen.  I'm the opposite and have trouble remembering a lot of details of many games, but the one memory I have of that game is Spiewak coming up the ice with the puck and blasting it past Miller.  Incredible feeling at the time, seeing Miller beaten.  Huge goal.

• Upvote 1