SiouxSports.com Forum

FARGO Regional - SIOUX/QUI TECH/SCSU

AZSIOUX

I'm taking in the practices since I don't have game tickets. A few notes for those attending:

1) The parking situation is going to be bad. The paved lot out front was almost half full this morning just from those in line for tickets. Unless you plan on coming early and staying late (which is what everyone should do anyways) I would recommend either shuttling, or trying to park on one of the streets out to the north/west of the arena. There are no parking restriction signs and the streets are definitely wide enough for parking on both sides. The streets are new enough they aren't on Google maps, so I've illustrated for you here:

jwFcOZa.jpg?1

2) SRO sections have 4 levels - floor and three levels of riser. The back two sections have rails to lean on, but the front does not. There are stairs on the ends to get on/off the back two sections. No chairs at all, even in the back or on the glass in the corners.

N4vvAeml.jpg?1

3) I don't think there is going to be a bad seat, or a bad place to stand. Anyone with a way in is going to have a great view. (as will those of us watching on ESPN)

4) There's only one entrance, the main one at the front of the building. Hopefully they'll be appropriately staffed, but again, arrive early to make sure you can a) park and b) get to your seat.

5) If you like coffee, stop by Beans Coffee Bar on Veterans. Free mini donut with every drink, or grab a bag for $3.50. They're open until 8. https://plus.google.com/100399797050636276317/about?gl=us&hl=en

6) I'll be here until about 4. Ask me anything you're wondering about the arena and I'll try to get you an answer.

Hey BruceSky, thanks for answering questions.

Which row is it that starts behind the empy bar section with no seating? I'm hoping I have 1st row behind the net =)

I'm taking in the practices since I don't have game tickets. A few notes for those attending:

1) The parking situation is going to be bad. The paved lot out front was almost half full this morning just from those in line for tickets.

To top it off the paved lot are all reserved spots. They sold the reserved parking spaces for $30 each shortly after the tickets were released and they sold out.  

Also  at NCAA events they do not allow any drinking of alcohol except in the suites or in this case at the Highpoint Bar and Grill in the arena. They sold entrance tickets to the Highpoint for $30 a day and you can only get in with one of those tickets.

So party before the game if you like since no booze at the game.

PS. As someone mentioned if you come for the first game you CANNOT leave between games.

To top it off the paved lot are all reserved spots. They sold the reserved parking spaces for $30 each shortly after the tickets were released and they sold out.  

Also  at NCAA events they do not allow any drinking of alcohol except in the suites or in this case at the Highpoint Bar and Grill in the arena. They sold entrance tickets to the Highpoint for $30 a day and you can only get in with one of those tickets.

So party before the game if you like since no booze at the game.

PS. As someone mentioned if you come for the first game you CANNOT leave between games.

Correct - I just called about that today.  They explained to me that this was an NCAA mandate, not something that Scheel's Arena decided upon.

I would bet money those with SRO can find a seat during game 1.

My personal impressions of SCSU and MTU's practices - SCSU looked ready to compete. Players were obviously fired up - vocally celebrating, good hustle, and several times I saw some calling out others after bad plays. MTU was a lot more relaxed - they were playing soccer in the concourse during the SCSU practice and they started their practice about 5 minutes late. They did a lot more zone simulation work and spent the last 11 minutes in shootouts...a full 20% of the time they were on the ice. 

Maybe it's just MTU's M.O., but they almost seemed too relaxed.

Quinnipiac is on the bench and ready to start in a minute.

Anas out there?

UND players catching a little Quinnipiac practice. The Bobcats's look quick. Anas has skated pretty well so far, but I've seen him grimacing a few times.

Gq5UMHZl.jpg?1

I have a feeling they try to play him. Or they are trying to get him ready for Saturday if they win.

UND players catching a little Quinnipiac practice. The Bobcats's look quick. Anas has skated pretty well so far, but I've seen him grimacing a few times.

Gq5UMHZl.jpg?1

Usually I'd make fun of this level of coverage if it were ESPN covering the NFL but I can literally not get enough college hockey this time of year. I'd read what Gaarder thought of white vs. grey socks if there was a post about it.

• Upvote 1