SiouxSports.com Forum

FARGO Regional - SIOUX/QUI TECH/SCSU

AZSIOUX

How about next time the NC$$ lets UND know they can bid for the Ralph. I heard they said UND couldv bid for the Ralph after Scheels center got it. Anyone know how that went?

UND did put a bid in for the REA.  Duluth put one in for Amsoil as well.  Hasn't been disclosed if there were any other ones.  Scheels Arena (who did their bid in conjunction with UND) received it because they were the best neutral site bid.  The only way the REA will ever host if they are the only bid for a regional and there is no other options (identical to why Notre Dame is hosting at their own rink in South Bend).

They did bid for it, but it was awarded to Fargo to be neutral. If they wouldn't have bid Fargo they wouldn't have got it, Because others also bid it and they would have made the neutral choice again. The only reason Providence got it was because no one else bid for it. I believe Schlossman wrote about this in the paper.

Not that it matters to much but Brown University is actually hosting the Providence regional, it is Notre Dame that got the on campus regional. I believe that the short travel had to do with the Friars being placed there.  I mean, how short is short.  BU and BC are within 60 miles of thier game sites.  Don't get me going on this home cooking issue.  

The manager of Scheels was on 740 the fan and is hoping to get more in the future. That ain't gonna happen.

How much fun would a best of 3 be this season at the home rink of the higher seed?

#16 RIT @ #1 Minnesota State

#15 Providence @ #2 North Dakota

#14 Quinnipiac @ #3 BU

#13 Yale @ #4 Miami

#12 St Cloud State @ #5 Denver

#11 Boston College @ #6 UMD

#10 Minnesota @ #7 Michigan Tech

#9 Harvard @ #8 Nebraska Omaha

Not that it matters to much but Brown University is actually hosting the Providence regional, it is Notre Dame that got the on campus regional. I believe that the short travel had to do with the Friars being placed there. I mean, how short is short. BU and BC are within 60 miles of thier game sites. Don't get me going on this home cooking issue.

Im just gonna keep thinking that the NC$$ doesnt like UND

Not that it matters to much but Brown University is actually hosting the Providence regional, it is Notre Dame that got the on campus regional. I believe that the short travel had to do with the Friars being placed there. I mean, how short is short. BU and BC are within 60 miles of thier game sites. Don't get me going on this home cooking issue.

Yes I wrote Providence but meant Notre Dame.

Why wouldnt it happen? Did i miss something?

I'm guessing the bigger facilities will get the bids. Have you not heard the bitching and moaning about how small the place is? Hey if I can get 4 tickets like I did this time around have it there every year. I'm guessing Sioux Falls will be bidding on it quite often along with the X and I'm sure Omaha will be in the mix. Hopefully Arizona St. will put in a bid. Love to go down there for a week in March.

How much fun would a best of 3 be this season at the home rink of the higher seed?

#16 RIT @ #1 Minnesota State

#15 Providence @ #2 North Dakota

#14 Quinnipiac @ #3 BU

#13 Yale @ #4 Miami

#12 St Cloud State @ #5 Denver

BRILLIANT! I like it MM.

#11 Boston College @ #6 UMD

#10 Minnesota @ #7 Michigan Tech

#9 Harvard @ #8 Nebraska Omaha

Bigger is not an issue in regionals, it is this year because UND is hosting, and it's in Fargo. If UND wasn't the host and got shipped to Providence, there wouldn't be 500 people in Fargo.

there would be a hell of a lot more than 500. If UND wasn't there then Minnesota more than likely would. Let's just see how they handle it this weekend. If it's run smoothly and no issues with the ice or anything else then maybe they would. More power to them. God knows that place needs the business.

I thought it would be appropriate at this time of the year to bring up Scotty Bowman, the winningest coach in NHL history, hockey's version of Mr. October, with some of his quotes; with the first two being completely irrelevant, but funny:

“I love Barry Manilow.”

“When I was in a record store with Sean Avery helping him look for CDs, I pulled out 'Tapestry.' He was like, 'Who is Carole King?' Can you imagine?”

“Hockey is its own game. It's completely different than all other games, although it's getting way too close to soccer.”

And my favorite:

“I found out that if you are going to win games, you had better be ready to adapt.”

Scotty-Bowman.jpg

• Upvote 2

UND did put a bid in for the REA. Duluth put one in for Amsoil as well. Hasn't been disclosed if there were any other ones. Scheels Arena (who did their bid in conjunction with UND) received it because they were the best neutral site bid. The only way the REA will ever host if they are the only bid for a regional and there is no other options (identical to why Notre Dame is hosting at their own rink in South Bend).

MN bid for marriuci as well

Coming to you live outside Scheels Arena. Its 4:30 am and I'm #70 in line.

You should have texted me....I was up. I had to drop off my daughter for a 6 AM soccer practice. Could have brought you your favorite...a double shot decaffeinated, extra foam, soy milk, cinnamon dolce latte.

#racetogether

#epicfail

#Ijustwantmycoffee

• Upvote 1

Hopefully more people don't all of a sudden start showing up in line as would happen for the early bobblehead days at Twins games. They should have bracelets or something to be sure only those who are really there early enough get a ticket and late shows can't fill in with friends.