SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Can’t blame Odo tonight, he did what was asked.  

And he won’t likely be rewarded.... what a shame.

Biggest story line I think.  Guy pitched his tail off.  After tonight I hope he is back next year.  

And now they’re giving up homeruns to defensive substitutes. This is comical:lol:

EDIT: smoltz brought up in games one and two how the Yankees kept putting up crooked numbers while the twins were putting single runs on the board. Twins pitching finally holds the Yankees bats out big innings and the bats can’t do a dang thing....

I knew they weren't going to win the series, but I thought they may push NY a little bit.

What I'll remember most about this series was game #1.  Toe to toe going to the 5th inning and Rocco plays it like the middle of June.  From there they got their @sses kicked in NY, and showed up at home and didn't hit when it counted.  

If anything, hopefully Rocco learned about the importance of every inning every pitch, every decision in the postseason.

This team has a lot of key pieces back and some dead weight trimmed.  It is now up to the guys upstairs to get some starting pitching, even if it means a trade that sets you back a regular. 

I've thought about it long and hard, even had trouble sleeping at first last night. I've come to the conclusion that I think even if the Twins petitioned MLB to be moved to the National League they would still somehow find a way to get swept out of the divisional round by the New York Yankees.:lol:

The RISP stats were disgusting for the series.  2 of the 3 games the starters gave the team a fighting chance.  The Twins just needed one big hit to get things rolling.

Should be an interesting off-season.  Position players and DH could be very similar (assuming Arraez will be the everyday 2b), bullpen has some good arms to build on, but lots of questions for the starters.

Im actually quite shocked anyone thought this would end any differently

The Twins were built to win one of the all time worst division in major league history. There was no chance, no way that the awwwshucksville nine where even remotely capable of competing in the postseason.

For one, MLB will rarly if ever again allow MN to advance, maybe when a new stadium is needed.... 

This team was put together to stroke the hopes and dreams of one of the worlds most desperate fandoms. They were ment to compete with the one, maybe one team in the division and go from there. 

Now they can, AND WILL, be awefull again and spend nothing for ten years all the while stroking the narrative of... "that '19 team was one for the record books."

Think they will be good next year... naawaah, no way. The bom.... nope not gonna say it... squad lived and died by the juiced ball. MLB has to change the ball now, commish said they would, so next year those 150 duck fart bloopers that left the field for homers..... 135 of them are fly ball outs.

Take all those away and chicago probably finishes 2nd and the twinkywinks 3rd behind the Wawhooos.

Nope, the owners of MN sports teams feed off the minnesota nicety of the gullible rubes, itll be a long time coming before they have to orchestrate an even quasi plausible squad.

I swore off all minnesota sports years ago, (but the wild are always on and its kinda fun to watch ZPar) but really they got zero chance too. Vikings crap, burned it. Timberwolves and lynx dont count casue ... basketball, right!?! amiright. 

The twins hats i have just fit right and ive got those great memories of 87 and 91 and my beer drinkin hunting firstbasen hero, so I keep putting the thing on my head but....

Its never going to change. Its a sham, they hook you in and hope for ignorance.... Need some type of group collective regionwide 12 step program...

Oh well..... 127 days and pitchers and catchers start the charade again... 

ill probably still have the hat

Tough to be a Minnesota professional sports fan.

Call me stupid, everyone else does regularly, but I thought the twins had a good chance this year.

these years don’t come around every year
at least I can root against the Yankees to keep me interested 

it was fun ride and hopefully the twins can do it again next year

but - onwards to the Vikings and UND sports and Shanley football 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So who stays:  Odo, Pineda or both? 

Free agent or trade to get a starter?

Who of the in-house options (Thorpe, Smeltzer, Dobnak) gets the 5th spot?

Does Berrios get his extension?

If I'm the Twins I go after Ode and let Berrios go to arbitration.  The guy was terrible towards the end of the season, and was okay in NY.  He doesn't deserve a huge deal.

I think this is a big offseason to get Graterol stretched out to a point where he can start games.  I think they bring in a free agent pitcher, but it won't be as fancy of a name as we like.

Good bye:  Castro, Schoop, Perez, Romo, Stewart, Cave.

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If I'm the Twins I go after Ode and let Berrios go to arbitration.  The guy was terrible towards the end of the season, and was okay in NY.  He doesn't deserve a huge deal.

I think this is a big offseason to get Graterol stretched out to a point where he can start games.  I think they bring in a free agent pitcher, but it won't be as fancy of a name as we like.

Good bye:  Castro, Schoop, Perez, Romo, Stewart, Cave.

Odorizzi will sign with someone like Houston for 5 years $75M, they will sign someone along the lines of Tanner Roark.  

Way too early starting lineup for 2020:

1. Arraez-2B

2. Polanco-SS

3. Kepler-RF

4. Cruz-DH

5. Rosario-RF

6. Garver-C

7. Sano-3B

8. Cron-1B

9. Buxton-CF

Bench: Adrianza, Astudillo, Cave, Kiriloff

Rotation (pipe dreams):  Ode, Berrios, Mad Bum, Pineda, Smeltzer. 

Bully:  May, Duffy, Stashak, Rodgers, Romo, Graterol, Littell.  

On 10/9/2019 at 5:43 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

So who stays:  Odo, Pineda or both? 

Free agent or trade to get a starter?

Who of the in-house options (Thorpe, Smeltzer, Dobnak) gets the 5th spot?

Does Berrios get his extension?

I'd bring back both of them and sign another free agent as well with Pineda missing the first 40ish games because of his suspension. I'd give Cole whatever he wants but he will still probably end up on the west coast. Maybe end up with someone like Zack Wheeler.

I really don't have a preference but I won't be surprised at all if Rosario is a guy they look to move while looking for pitching help and guys like Kirilloff, Larnach, and Rooker getting closer.

Rotation of 1.Berrios 2.Odorizzi 3.Pineda(when his suspension is over)4.Wheeler 5.Winner of spring training battle Thorpe, Smeltzer, Dobnak. Graterol will take over a spot at some point in the summer but doubt they put him in the rotation right out of spring training.

Yes.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:35 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

The Twins were built to win one of the all time worst division in major league history. 

Boy, isn’t that the truth?  The Tigers lose 114, the White Sox lose 103, and the Royals lose 89.  An absolutely pathetic division of Double-A talent along with the Indians and Twins.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:02 AM, MafiaMan said:

Boy, isn’t that the truth?  The Tigers lose 114, the White Sox lose 103, and the Royals lose 89.  An absolutely pathetic division of Double-A talent along with the Indians and Twins.

And because of division scheduling, the Twins got to play almost half their games against the Central Division of AA teams.