SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Didn't realize that Minnesota almost had a team in the Continental League.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_League

The proposed teams were :

New York

Toronto

Minnesota

Houston

Denver

Buffalo

Atlanta

Dallas

That proposal forced the AL and NL to expand immediately with a New York NL team, Houston, moving Washington to Minnesota, a new Wash Senators, and a second LA team.  And then repeat in the late 60's.

Before my time so didn't know.

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Odo gets his Qualifying offer of 17.8 million

does he take the money and run.... or does he search for a bigger deal?

Looks like no more Stewart or Gonsalves as they have been claimed elsewhere as they were removed off the 40 man. 

Stewart and Gonslaves never became as good as I had hoped they would. Stewart was the fourth overall pick the year he was drafted and Gonsalves was a top 3 prospect for the Twins at one time.

• 2 weeks later...

More on MLB contracting the minor leagues.  MLB pays all the salaries of their farm teams so this would reduce cost.  Talk is 42+ teams would be eliminated or go to a dream league and they would reduce the draft to 20 rounds from 40.

Most of the rookie league and short season A teams would also go away or become independent.  But some independent teams such as the St Paul Saints and Sugarland TX would become new AAA teams.  The PCL has many central time zone teams and MLB wants to break that up and start a new CST AAA circuit including St Paul.  Guess the new Chanhassen stadium would be the indenpemt team in the the FM RedHawks circuit.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2019/11/18/more-details-emerge-on-mlbs-assault-on-hometown-baseball/

Orlando is pushing for a MLB team.  Moving Tampa Bay might be appear to be an easy way, but the Tropicana wound not allow a move until 2027.

Cities that are interested include Montreal, Charlotte, Raleigh, Nashville, Portland and maybe others.

The ML’s would likely go back to four divisions with expansion, but with eight teams.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-sp-baseball-orlando-1120-20191119-t2qlhg3p7bh4lgehb62e3y6ylq-story.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Reports have Donaldson coming to the Twins.  

Wilbur's much too early 2020 lineup:

1. Arraez-2B

2. Donaldson-3B

3. Rosario-LF

4. Cruz-DH

5. Kepler-RF 

6. Polanco-SS

7. Sano-1B

8. Garver-C

9. Buxton-CF 

World Series caliber lineup, but can Buxton stay healthy?  Ohh....and pitching.....

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Deal has potentially hit a snag, Red Soxs docs are concerned about Graterol injury history 

I have a theory that Boston has realized so much flak... and the fact that its a terrible trade.. that they are now trying to use this as a way to blow it all up. 

Twins hold the cards here.  No way do I give the Sox another player.  If I'm the Twins I pull Graterol and give up two other AA level pitchers or call off the deal.  Or trade Jake Cave to the Sox, they need outfielders now and the Twins have a gazillion. 

Sox in salary dump mode obviously. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Reports are Boston wants another top end prospect along with Brusdar.  

Nope.....nope....nope......

You can't give in to this BS from the Red Sox. Let the Dodgers figure it out or do the deal with the Dodgers separately for Maeda.

• Upvote 1