SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So the white flag goes up with Gibby.....

I will never understand Littell and Stashak in those situations.  

It’s not like there’s a bunch of postseason experience on this roster but man, I’m with you. Do you really want to throw those two guys into the bright lights in a tie and one run ballgame respectively?

2 minutes ago, HockeyFan31 said:

It’s not like there’s a bunch of postseason experience on this roster but man, I’m with you. Do you really want to throw those two guys into the bright lights in a tie and one run ballgame respectively?

5th-6th:  Duffy

7th: May

8th: Romo

9th: Rodgers

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Rocco managed like a rookie manager in a big moment. Hopefully he learns from it 

Nowhere to hide from some of the decisions he made tonight.  The postseason has a way of separating the men from the boys.  

• Upvote 1

Decision time Rocco:

-Who starts tomorrow?  (I go Dobnak)

-Who catches? ( I stick with Garver)

-Does Cron play? (Nope)

-Does Arraez start? (He is hurting but with Tanaka on the hill I'll say yes)

He can't make worse pitching decisions after tonight.  That was the low.  Unless Stewart somehow finds a way into the series and pitches....impossible right?

28 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

The Twins have now lost 14 straight postseason games, the Yankees are responsible for 11 of those. At this point it'd be nice to just win a game to break this unbelievably bad streak.

This....^^^

At what point does the blind squirrel scenario come into play for at least a game?

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This....^^^

At what point does the blind squirrel scenario come into play for at least a game?

Just now, UNDMOORHEAD said:

You'd think that the pendulum would have to swing the other way eventually, right?

The squirrel has to be in the same park as the nut.  Gardy, Molitor, and now Rocco.....not that we are more talented than the Yankees, but the squirrel needs to be put in the right situations to find the nut.

Wait, did I just post about a blind squirrel?

10 hours ago, jodcon said:

Exactly, why not save him for a big strikeout spot? This bullpen rotation has been baffling tonight. 

I know the game was out of hand but hopefully his performance earned a little more trust for him from Rocco. I definitely would have had him coming in before Stashak last night.

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

5th-6th:  Duffy

7th: May

8th: Romo

9th: Rodgers

What baffles me is that this seems so obvious.  I can’t imagine any twins fan couldn’t see that outcome coming.  Littell, Stashak, and Gibson are so clearly the inning eaters if things have gone to crap.  Things hadn’t gone to crap.

Berries wasn’t great, but easily could have given up no runs with a little defensive help.  Arreaz catches that blooper to lead off the 3rd.... Why not have Berrios start the 5th after having a great 4th?  If he gets in trouble Duffy comes in.  The game was a toss-up at that point.

And why not have Gibson pitch the 8th?  The game was out of reach.  Have him take that inning instead of blowing another arm.

• Upvote 1

I question the bullpen moves, but getting these guys in early in the series may have been the plan to help them not crap their pants later. It’s just tough with only a 5 game series. It’s the only way I can rationalize some of Rocco’s odd choices. 

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

What baffles me is that this seems so obvious.  I can’t imagine any twins fan couldn’t see that outcome coming.  Littell, Stashak, and Gibson are so clearly the inning eaters if things have gone to crap.  Things hadn’t gone to crap.

Berries wasn’t great, but easily could have given up no runs with a little defensive help.  Arreaz catches that blooper to lead off the 3rd.... Why not have Berrios start the 5th after having a great 4th?  If he gets in trouble Duffy comes in.  The game was a toss-up at that point.

And why not have Gibson pitch the 8th?  The game was out of reach.  Have him take that inning instead of blowing another arm.

Yuuuuup.