SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs CC - Best 2 of 3 @theralph

AZSIOUX

My closest comparison to the players on this team would be last year's, as they have the most players in common. IMO It didn't feel like last year's team really ran out of steam at all to me, in fact they carried play at the Frozen Four for a majority of the game against an arguably more talented Minnesota team.

Last year they definatly didn't run out of steam. They just took the foot off the gas thinking the clock would run out.... It didn't.

Frattins team also didn't run out of steam. Michigan played a Minot style game and relied heavily on the TV timeouts. Without those timeouts I feel like they wouldn't have been able to keep pace with that UND team for the whole game.

They have four, two game series left in a way. When they win 2 in a row this weekend, that top overall seed is well within reach with a win at the target center. That's the main goal right now. What a nice problem to have! Sure hope nick can go but if it takes another week then so be it. He's a key component to this team no doubt in making it to 8oston.

Last year they definatly didn't run out of steam. They just took the foot off the gas thinking the clock would run out.... It didn't.

Frattins team also didn't run out of steam. Michigan played a Minot style game and relied heavily on the TV timeouts. Without those timeouts I feel like they wouldn't have been able to keep pace with that UND team for the whole game.

There goalie stood on his head too. I still can't believe that game.

Now, Saturday night’s injury to Schmaltz could throw another major wrench in UND’s lines if he’s unable to go. There was no formal practice on Monday (Schmaltz did not participate in a light skate with some teammates).

If Schmaltz is able to play, then UND will likely work on making adjustments to the Chyzyk and St. Clair unit. If he cannot go, we might see a lot of changes yet again.

That's from Schloss' blog

They have four, two game series left in a way. When they win 2 in a row this weekend, that top overall seed is well within reach with a win at the target center. That's the main goal right now. What a nice problem to have! Sure hope nick can go but if it takes another week then so be it. He's a key component to this team no doubt in making it to 8oston.

So 8 more wins to #8

There goalie stood on his head too. I still can't believe that game.

Felt like slow motion :/ just had the same damn feeling in my stomach at that game that I had in the springs during the regional loss 03/04. One hockey God bounce and it's over. The X was poppin that night as well with green! Dammmit

Poolman-Caggiula-Parks

O'Donnell-Gaarder-Poganski

Chyzyk-Pattyn-Johnson

Olson-Simonson-St. Clair

Thompson-Schmaltz

Stecher-Ausmus

Mattson-LaDue

With or without N. Schmaltz, that lineup should sweep CC at the Ralph.  Still three very effective lines, fourth line won't play much, St. Clair will probably kill some penalties.  With that D and Zane in net, two goals a night should get us to Minneapolis.

Felt like slow motion :/ just had the same damn feeling in my stomach at that game that I had in the springs during the regional loss 03/04. One hockey God bounce and it's over. The X was poppin that night as well with green! Dammmit

One freakin shot out of 40 finds the back of the net and that building would've exploded.  I'm 100% sure that crowd would have been going crazy and carried the boys all the way to the title. It's easy to say afterwards but Michigan got very lucky that powder keg was never lit because it would've made their highschool state sized section of fans look pretty insignificant.

One freakin shot out of 40 finds the back of the net and that building would've exploded. I'm 100% sure that crowd would have been going crazy and carried the boys all the way to the title. It's easy to say afterwards but Michigan got very lucky that powder keg was never lit because it would've made their highschool state sized section of fans look pretty insignificant.

How many posts were hit?

Watched the Schmaltz hit again and it looks like he was being tripped right when the other guy came in for a hit and ended up taking a knee to the head. I don't think the Miami player meant to hit like that, but it was definitely a trip that developed into a dangerous play. Can't help but to think if we were on the dealing end and not the receiving it would have been a 5min major for contact to the head.

Just to ease everyone's tensions for this coming series, UND has lost 3 games at home this year.  Currently those teams and their PWR are #21 Bemidji, #4 Miami, and #3 Duluth.  They have also had 3 ties.  #9 Providence, #7 Omaha, and #8 Denver.  My point is, we are a damn good team when we play at the Ralph.  sure the team looks slightly different with the injuries we have.  But as you cas see, Our only loss that would be considered a "bad loss" at home would be to #21 Bemidgi, and that was back in October.  All the other loses/ties were were to top 10 teams!!  If we play like we have been playing all season, we ain't gonna drop a game to the 50th ranked team in the country.  Of course anyting can happen when you are playing a desperate team in the playoffs, but just pointing out the numbers.

Just to ease everyone's tensions for this coming series, UND has lost 3 games at home this year. Currently those teams and their PWR are #21 Bemidji, #4 Miami, and #3 Duluth. They have also had 3 ties. #9 Providence, #7 Omaha, and #8 Denver. My point is, we are a damn good team when we play at the Ralph. sure the team looks slightly different with the injuries we have. But as you cas see, Our only loss that would be considered a "bad loss" at home would be to #21 Bemidgi, and that was back in October. All the other loses/ties were were to top 10 teams!! If we play like we have been playing all season, we ain't gonna drop a game to the 50th ranked team in the country. Of course anyting can happen when you are playing a desperate team in the playoffs, but just pointing out the numbers.

I just wish we could fast forward two weeks. These next two weeks are meh

• Upvote 1

Poolman-Caggiula-Parks

O'Donnell-Gaarder-Poganski

Chyzyk-Pattyn-Johnson

Olson-Simonson-St. Clair

Thompson-Schmaltz

Stecher-Ausmus

Mattson-LaDue

With or without N. Schmaltz, that lineup should sweep CC at the Ralph.  Still three very effective lines, fourth line won't play much, St. Clair will probably kill some penalties.  With that D and Zane in net, two goals a night should get us to Minneapolis.

I'd say take out Olson and put Panz in on that last line.  At this time of year, I'll take the experience.