SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs CC - Best 2 of 3 @theralph

AZSIOUX

^^^^^this^^^^ 

Sweep here, then on to the Target Center only acceptable loss would be in the NCHC final to allow a team not in the top 16 to win and hopefully knock the Rodents out of the tourney….that would be the “only” acceptable loss IMO

This series and opening Regionals against AHA school will be our “off” days everything thing else pedal to the metal

Wouldn't this be an interesting scenario?

I don't know if the I'd schedule the opening round vs the AHA team as an "off" day.  That's a sure fire way to be remembered for a looong time... just ask the 2006 Rodents

I thought of that....but we are not the '06 Rodents and we will have home crowd

CC had 2...two...league wins in 22 tries. They need 2 wins in 3 games vs the #1 team in the league...and country...on the road to continue their season.

All that being said and suddenly I feel pretty calm now...........

Yeah...but they also have nothing to lose. Gets the paranoid in me going...

Does anyone hope we lose in the second round of the NCHC tournament so that our team will be more fresh when it really counts? I mean it's nice to win the conference tourny and all but it hasn't seemed to translate to a strong finish in the big tourney

I would say no. There's no benefit to losing in the second round. The guys will be trying to win the tourney.

Would losing to cc be catastrophic? Let's say we lose 2-1 to them how far would our ranking dip?

Doesn't really matter, Hak will have them playing as hard as they do every other night. I'd say keep on winning as you go into the NCAA tourney, don't want to take a step back now.

I'm not saying they should try and lose but there have been some recent UND teams that seemed to run out of steam.

I really get what you’re saying…. And in theory I agree we have come up short and run out of steam in the NCAA’s , my problem with this squad is it seems like they already take chunks of games off, up until now it’s worked but now when things are real they need to play hard every shift every period of  every game and put the best training facility in the country to the test

I'm not saying they should try and lose but there have been some recent UND teams that seemed to run out of steam.

My closest comparison to the players on this team would be last year's, as they have the most players in common. IMO It didn't feel like last year's team really ran out of steam at all to me, in fact they carried play at the Frozen Four for a majority of the game against an arguably more talented Minnesota team.