SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs CC - Best 2 of 3 @theralph

AZSIOUX

I can't remember, did Trupp hit one at the end there?

I don't remember if this was in addition to a post, but Trupper was camped on the door step when the puck came his way. 3/4 of the net wide open and it hopped over his stick.  That building was waiting to explode for two hours.  Watching brock get hurt, then getting shut out...I remember sitting there stunned for quite a while after the final horn.

I see it that he's close to playing. Honestly, I'll take it. I was fearing the worst.

Lol I posted, then saw this on Twitter:

@UNDMHockey "Dave Hakstol says Nick Schmaltz will play this weekend and that Colten St. Clair is day to day."

I'll take it.

• Upvote 1

@UNDMHockey "Dave Hakstol says Nick Schmaltz will play this weekend and that Colten St. Clair is day to day."

I'll take it.

@SchlossmanGF: Dave Hakstol says Nick Schmaltz is "100 percent good to go" this weekend. "We've been cautious."

I don't remember if this was in addition to a post, but Trupper was camped on the door step when the puck came his way. 3/4 of the net wide open and it hopped over his stick.  That building was waiting to explode for two hours.  Watching brock get hurt, then getting shut out...I remember sitting there stunned for quite a while after the final horn.

And then I went to Tom Reid's.....

I'll take it.

What's up with St Clair? Let me guess, lower or upper body injury?

I was wondering the same thing.....ugh what the hell, can the Sioux go a month or 2 without an injury? I swear, the Sioux is the only team that always has an injury good to hear about Nick though.

Hockey is a tough guy sport.  People get hurt.  It is bound to happen.  Has happen to many other schools this year too.

I was wondering the same thing.....ugh what the hell, can the Sioux go a month or 2 without an injury? I swear, the Sioux is the only team that always has an injury good to hear about Nick though.

Agreed. however this should be great time to get Simo and Olson in the lineup.  They need to dust off the cobwebs against a weaker CC team.  These two should be good 3rd/4th liners.

Agreed. however this should be great time to get Simo and Olson in the lineup.  They need to dust off the cobwebs.  These two should be good 3rd/4th liners.

"Great moments are born from great opportunity" - Herb Brooks

This statement could not ring any more true for these two guys.  Or anyone that has to step up and fill shoes of players that are out.

Gopher's best player Connor Reilly has yet to recover from that knee to knee he had against Wisconsin.  

I have this vision of the trainers trying to restrain Colton from putting on the gear Friday night. The kid has desire; if he can dress he will play.

I said it earlier to a friend of mine "day-to-day" = "playing" come playoff time. Colten is a hard-nosed guy, heart-type player and I'd be shocked to not see him on Friday.