SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs CC - Best 2 of 3 @theralph

AZSIOUX

Agreed. however this should be great time to get Simo and Olson in the lineup. They need to dust off the cobwebs against a weaker CC team. These two should be good 3rd/4th liners.

Nothing against Simo, he always seems to work his ass off but i think i noticed Olson more Friday night then i did Simo on Saturday night, but i read to that Simos line didnt play much Saturday, not sure why

I have this vision of the trainers trying to restrain Colton from putting on the gear Friday night. The kid has desire; if he can dress he will play.

Yea i could see that lol. Thats my shin pad, give it back you jerk, I will go out there without my stick, I'll just take Zanes, hes an all star goalie, he doesnt need it, he usually looses it anyways lol

Nothing against Simo, he always seems to work his ass off but i think i noticed Olson more Friday night then i did Simo on Saturday night, but i read to that Simos line didnt play much Saturday, not sure why

That's fine, to me Olson probably should be better. I want to see them both in there.

Without digging into it, what was Simo on draws on Saturday? We need to win faceoffs. Simo has shown the ability to do so this season. Mark left a pretty huge hole in the dots that needs to be filled here in the playoffs.

Yea i could see that lol. Thats my shin pad, give it back you jerk, I will go out there without my stick, I'll just take Zanes, hes an all star goalie, he doesnt need it, he usually looses it anyways lol

You raise a fair point.  Would someone please duct tape Zane's stick to his arm?  :ohmy:

I'm bored. Who steps up this weekend? Is it a senior leader or a young guy?

Gordy is the easy call, but I'm gonna say Chyz has a big series. Haven't heard a lot from him lately.

I'd agree with your Chyz call if he moves up and plays on the LJ-Schmaltz line instead of Pattyn but if he stays where he is at I don't see it. This just seems like an obvious switch to me. I don't get why they keep putting Pattyn on a scoring line. Chyz-Schmaltz-LJ and Pattyn-St Clair-Olson looks better to me.

I'd agree with your Chyz call if he moves up and plays on the LJ-Schmaltz line instead of Pattyn but if he stays where he is at I don't see it. This just seems like an obvious switch to me. I don't get why they keep putting Pattyn on a scoring line. Chyz-Schmaltz-LJ and Pattyn-St Clair-Olson looks better to me.

It's the old "getter-setter-hitter" mentality. Having arguably our three best "tough guys" on one line makes us vulnerable, to them? I tend to agree with you, but I see it their way, too. 

I like the Chyz, Schmaltz, LJ line idea. LJ and Chyz play with an edge, too.

Completely depends on your age and what kind of crowd you're looking for.

This^^

The Southgate has a good cross section of people, but if you're looking for whoo girls and shots, probably head downtown. 

Is Saturday afternoon bingo at Southgate?  I remember going in there when we used to take their bus, and one of the days had bingo going on when we would arrive.  That was not a fired up atmosphere (to me) while we got a bite to eat before taking the bus over.  That was also 2 or so years ago - we stopped taking their bus when it left us, and about a half dozen others, at the Ralph once...