SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: UND Homecoming vs PSU

geaux_sioux

Hard fought win and a gritty effort by the defense to end the game. That was fun watching the defense close it out like that!

However, UND doesn't win this game if Bartels doesn't play well in the 2nd half. Given how poor UND's offense has been with Mollberg, UND has to go with Bartels in 2 weeks versus SUU.

This team is a solid OL from being more than respectable.

That was a fantastic game to watch.  Great defense once the figured out the QB's fake and deep throw.  Bartels played a great game, good touch.  Seibel and Bartels, both being 2's probably helps. they work good together.  Hope we heal up during the off week. 

One thing I was a little disappointed with was giving up 164 yards rushing. 

The defensive front got pushed around a lot more today than they have the last several weeks. 

I thought Joe was looking really good today.  It really sucks that he seemed to be getting it figured out and gets hurt. (concussion I assume). 

I also think the officiating was brutal again today. 

So nice to leave the game today and talk to fans who felt their cheering had a hand in the outcome.  I'll take going to this game over almost all of the Muss games combined.  We weren't perfect, but we cowboyed up and got a W.  If Bartles hasn't earned a start I'll be super pissed.  

• Upvote 2

So nice to leave the game today and talk to fans who felt their cheering had a hand in the outcome. I'll take going to this game over almost all of the Muss games combined. We weren't perfect, but we cowboyed up and got a W. If Bartles hasn't earned a start I'll be super pissed.

Bubba has the team...and fans believing. That never happened under Muss. I had fun at the game today......

So nice to leave the game today and talk to fans who felt their cheering had a hand in the outcome. I'll take going to this game over almost all of the Muss games combined. We weren't perfect, but we cowboyed up and got a W. If Bartles hasn't earned a start I'll be super pissed.

Joe had one incompletion. What else was he supposed to do? I think he cemented his spot.

Joe had one incompletion. What else was he supposed to do? I think he cemented his spot.

I agree, I think Joe keeps his job. Not because of what Bartels did but for what he didn't do. He played well but not exceptional. I believe you only keep an injured QB on the bench if his replacement is playing exceptional. I didn't see that today. With that being said I believe the two of them are pretty much equally talented.

Wow...that is some of the worst clock management I have ever seen, basically gave PSU 3 points.

PSU had three timeouts and was trying to let UND run out the clock even when UND had the ball back at their own 10.  The UND coaching staff was having the team rush to the line of scrimmage.  What did they think they were going to accomplish ?  Has the coaching staff watched the offense at all this season ?  They should have been grateful that PSU was dumb enough to not call a timeout and just take their time and let the clock run out.  PSU finally woke up and decided if UND was really that stupid they might as well take advantage and call a timeout.

I have lost all confidence in this coaching staff.  If that is their typical intelligence level we might as well start over again next year.

stupidphilipriversfab7a.jpg

Where do I begin?

The FAIL is strong in this one....

• Upvote 1