SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: UND Homecoming vs PSU

geaux_sioux

Joe has a body of work that includes 6 games this season plus "getting in a rhythm" for a quarter and change yesterday... BTW without leading a TD drive. Bartles came off the bench...no meaningful snaps to date this season...with his team behind and lead them down the field 2 straight times to open the 2nd half for TDs to take the lead. This team doesn't need a QB to occasionally get "in rhythm", they need a QB to engineer TD drives...even without a productive running game and playing behind a D2 OL. IMO Bartles gets these next 2 weeks to prepare as the #1 and he is your starter coming off the bye week.

• Upvote 3

Bartles knows how to get rid of the ball when in trouble and not take an unnecessary sack...BTW the international grounding call on him yesterday was the worst of many poor calls against both teams.

Joe has a body of work that includes 6 games this season plus "getting in a rhythm" for a quarter and change yesterday... BTW without leading a TD drive. Bartles came off the bench...no meaningful snaps to date this season...with his team behind and lead them down the field 2 straight times to open the 2nd half for TDs to take the lead. This team doesn't need a QB to occasionally get "in rhythm", they need a QB to engineer TD drives...even without a productive running game and playing behind a D2 OL. IMO Bartles gets these next 2 weeks to prepare as the #1 and he is your starter coming off the bye week.

While not quite Brady-in-for-Bledsoe, I think Oxbow6 is spot-on here. At the very least, who the QB is should be at the top of the list at the coaches meeting on Monday morning...and at the GOBC meeting as well.

Bartles knows how to get rid of the ball when in trouble and not take an unnecessary sack...BTW the international grounding call on him yesterday was the worst of many poor calls against both teams.

That call was bad as there was a receiver in the area. I agree with you and they should have Bartels as the starter.

That call was bad as there was a receiver in the area. I agree with you and they should have Bartels as the starter.

I need to spell his name right but my phone automatically kicks out -les at the end.

#gfhockeysyndrome

I thought Bartels played better than Molberg all last season, and I think in the one half yesterday, he played better than Molberg has at any point this season. 

Having said that, Molberg has played pretty well 3 straight weeks now, and given how I have seen this coaching staff operate thus far, I'd be surprised if Molberg is not the starter coming off the bye week, unless he is still having concussion symptoms. 

Even though I preferred Bartels last year, and coming into this season, if Molberg's play in the first 3 games didn't warrant him losing the starting job then, his play in the last 3 games certainly doesn't warrant a benching right now IMO.  Right now, his leash gets shortened, now that Bartels has shown he can produce in a game situation. 

Honestly, I think a QB controversy is the last thing this team needs right now. 

Where do I begin?

The FAIL is strong in this one....

I do agree with him on why are you taking timeouts..  you have a new QB in the game.  The offense has shown no life to this point.  You get the ball deep in your own territory.  You run out the clock and regroup.  If Joe was in the game and the offense was moving the ball then I agree try and get points.  Go to half time a regroup.  That 3 points was huge in this game.

I thought Bartels played better than Molberg all last season, and I think in the one half yesterday, he played better than Molberg has at any point this season.Having said that, Molberg has played pretty well 3 straight weeks now, and given how I have seen this coaching staff operate thus far, I'd be surprised if Molberg is not the starter coming off the bye week, unless he is still having concussion symptoms.

Even though I preferred Bartels last year, and coming into this season, if Molberg's play in the first 3 games didn't warrant him losing the starting job then, his play in the last 3 games certainly doesn't warrant a benching right now IMO. Right now, his leash gets shortened, now that Bartels has shown he can produce in a game situation.

Honestly, I think a QB controversy is the last thing this team needs right now.

"Pretty well" without punching in TDs isn't what this team needs IMO. Bubba goes back to Joe in 2 weeks and he plays at best oretty well but the team gets beat I think Bubba could find a lockroom somewhat divided. Is Bartels the QB we will see the rest of this season after a half+? Not sure but I'm pretty sure I know who Joe is after 6+ game to date and I'll roll with Bartles at this point
  • Upvote 1

Simple question...to anyone who actually has seen this team play multiple time this year...you think Joe leads this team to a second half comeback yesterday?

That's what I thought..................

Simple question...to anyone who actually has seen this team play multiple time this year...you think Joe leads this team to a second half comeback yesterday?

"Simple question," LOL!

extend bubbba? how many nattys doez bohle hav?

sinple questone.

I think the coaching staff has devoted a lot to having Mollberg be the starter so it will be difficult for the staff to bench Mollberg if he is healthy.

With that said, Bartels played better in that half of football than Mollberg has anytime this season. Coaches need to take a long, hard look at this one, because as Bubba always says, starting Bartels may be the best move for the TEAM.

I think the coaching staff has devoted a lot to having Mollberg be the starter so it will be difficult for the staff to bench Mollberg if he is healthy.

With that said, Bartels played better in that half of football than Mollberg has anytime this season. Coaches need to take a long, hard look at this one, because as Bubba always says, starting Bartels may be the best move for the TEAM.

Everything about Bubba as a coach at this point screams "Team"...thus I'd be shocked Joe starts in 2 weeks.

Heck that wasn't even domestic grounding. Terrible call.

The type of offense they've implemented suits Bartels' talents. I don't see them benching Joe after he went 7 of 8 to start the game...but I'd like to see Bartels given a shot after what he did in the 2nd half.

Two weeks in a row? But I've heard over and over how UND hockey needed to switch from Neulion because AmericaOne is so great.

My web stream was flawless yesterday. To those who had issues, are you using wifi or a hard line? I have much better results with a hard line.

Speaking of making the best move for the team, can Meindel punt the ball farther than 35 yards? Me not knowing what he did to get suspended, has he been punished enough? It's tough to play the field position game when the punts average 28 yards.

Speaking of making the best move for the team, can Meindel punt the ball farther than 35 yards? Me not knowing what he did to get suspended, has he been punished enough? It's tough to play the field position game when the punts average 28 yards.

Yes, the punting was not good yesterday. I almost thought UND might take a safety and free kick rather than risk a punt from the end zone in the last minute plus.

if you want to join a club join Hagerty's GOGC

Nah....yours. Trust me I'd be a huge upgrade especially if you're a "member". I can spell, I'm handsome, I get a w-2 at year's end...and golly people like me!

Keep me posted.......