SiouxSports.com Forum

Western Regional

SOL

Good luck getting the Pepsi Center, or any major hockey arena, to hold a random weekend in April when the first round of the NHL playoffs are often starting.  

We are probably looking at the last weekend in March most years for the first round of NCAA playoffs, so the NHL playoffs don't figure in.  However, they aren't going to hold dates for a "possibility" if they can schedule something definite like a regular season NHL game, a boat show or whatever else would be sure money.

I agree enthusiastically with the idea that the top seeds should get to play on home ice (or on an available rink that meets NCAA standards).

I think it would be cool if the number one overall seed got to pick its first round opponent.    The number 2 seed could pick who they want to play from the remaining pool of teams. Etc etc until the bracket is filled.

Would add a little bit of spice to these opening round games.   Just like getting picked or not picked on the playground added a little bit of spice to the games.

======================

"With the #1 overall seed, the University of North Dakota chooses to play Robert Morris, at Ralph Engelstad Arena."

"With the #2 overall seed, MSU - Mankato elects to play Michigan State, at the Excel Energy Center."

and so on.

Quick question, anyone know what face value is for the SRO tix?

If they were purchased through Scheels Arena, it was just short of $85 after all the fees.  They have been selling for multiples of that (3-4x) on the secondary market because there are so few available. Stubhub has a handful of completed sales around those price points.

I had not picked up my tickets yet but when I called last week I was told I could "upgrade" to a reserved seat(s) instead of SRO.  So I took it (duh).  How would a reserved seats come up now?  I was delighted but a bit shocked they were available and especially to me, since I was in the low 1000's on the list.

I had not picked up my tickets yet but when I called last week I was told I could "upgrade" to a reserved seat(s) instead of SRO.  So I took it (duh).  How would a reserved seats come up now?  I was delighted but a bit shocked they were available and especially to me, since I was in the low 1000's on the list.

Approximately 500 tickets allotted to UND, which had already gone through the champions club process for doling out tickets.  Perhaps everyone else in the champions club who bought SRO tickets will be given the opportunity to upgrade.

this happened to a colleague of mine, had SRO club level and was upgraded to actual seats, somewhere it was even $10 cheaper not really sure how that happens but kind of a no brainer, as of this Saturday the seats had not yet been assigned but there really aren’t any bad seats in Scheels arena

Approximately 500 tickets allotted to UND, which had already gone through the champions club process for doling out tickets.  Perhaps everyone else in the champions club who bought SRO tickets will be given the opportunity to upgrade.

Not sure how they'd do that once people already picked up tickets though?  Unless you brought back your SRO tickets and exchanged them.

this happened to a colleague of mine, had SRO club level and was upgraded to actual seats, somewhere it was even $10 cheaper not really sure how that happens but kind of a no brainer, as of this Saturday the seats had not yet been assigned but there really aren’t any bad seats in Scheels arena

The REA rep told me they were $5 more.  Total no-brainer.  He said they will be available once the selection show has happened and UND knows it is placed in Fargo.