SiouxSports.com Forum

Western Regional

SOL

So basically we have to hope that at least 1 school that doesn't travel very well gets placed in Fargo and doesn't buy up all of their allotment, and then we have to be willing to camp out outside of Scheels Arena  (or go online if we want to be risky) at a TBD date IF there are any left for sale :)

I'd like to know how long the 4 schools get to try to disperse these tickets. The schools will know they are in the west regional on Sunday the 22nd. Und knows they will be there-does und already have their 500?

I'm pretty sure that the schools don't officially get their tickets until they are officially in the tournament.  That happens on the 22nd, even though everyone knows that UND will make the tournament and will be in Fargo.  And I don't ever remember tickets going on sale until the Monday following the tournament announcement, announcements about how tickets will be disbursed at each school are usually made later in the day on Selection Sunday.  So none of the tickets should be available until Monday the 23rd.

So basically we have to hope that at least 1 school that doesn't travel very well gets placed in Fargo and doesn't buy up all of their allotment, and then we have to be willing to camp out outside of Scheels Arena  (or go online if we want to be risky) at a TBD date IF there are any left for sale :)

Maybe go to RMU websites and try to get a line on some tickets, snooze you lose

• Upvote 1

SCHEELS Arena is also offering the opportunity to purchase a different and distinct ticket into High Point Bar and Grill, a hospitality area inside the facility. There is a limited amount of High Point Bar and Grill tickets for sale. Cost is $29.75 and only two passes may be purchased per person. Tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis and will grant you access to High Point Bar and Grill on both March 27 and March 28 at any time after the SCHEELS Arena doors are open to the public. High Point Bar and Grill provides appetizers, burger baskets, other sandwiches, and flatbreads all for under $10 each to purchase. There will also be a full bar available. High Point Bar and Grill will be the only place where alcohol will be sold at the tournament. To enter High Point Bar and Grill, a person must have a ticket into the building and be at least 21 years of age. Any food and drink will not be allowed to leave High Point Bar and Grill at any time during the event.

I was wrong. If you have the suite stocked before the tourney you are good. Just has to be put in unmarked cups .  And they can not restock during tourney. As the alcohol was sold prior. Just another way to get around the rules.  So order lots!

• Upvote 1

Helped with a fundraiser 5K race at Scheels today. Haven't been to a Force game this season and forgot how small that arena is. Going to be a ridiculous atmosphere with mostly UND fans there at the end of the month.

Helped with a fundraiser 5K race at Scheels today. Haven't been to a Force game this season and forgot how small that arena is. Going to be a ridiculous atmosphere with mostly UND fans there at the end of the month.

I can't wait till Saturday to hear the grumbling, this place is like a home game for UND. Yadda, yadda, yadda. 

I can't wait till Saturday to hear the grumbling, this place is like a home game for UND. Yadda, yadda, yadda. 

Hoping that's the case, as it will mean we won our game / games.  It would be no different than us complaining about the regionals in St. Paul.   That is why I would love it if they went to campus sites, because then it would be based on the pairwise rankings who gets to play in front of the home crowd.  It wouldn't be perfect, but it would avoid the empty arenas.  

Hoping that's the case, as it will mean we won our game / games.  It would be no different than us complaining about the regionals in St. Paul.   That is why I would love it if they went to campus sites, because then it would be based on the pairwise rankings who gets to play in front of the home crowd.  It wouldn't be perfect, but it would avoid the empty arenas.  

I am all for that one.

SCHEELS Arena is also offering the opportunity to purchase a different and distinct ticket into High Point Bar and Grill, a hospitality area inside the facility. There is a limited amount of High Point Bar and Grill tickets for sale. Cost is $29.75 and only two passes may be purchased per person. Tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis and will grant you access to High Point Bar and Grill on both March 27 and March 28 at any time after the SCHEELS Arena doors are open to the public. High Point Bar and Grill provides appetizers, burger baskets, other sandwiches, and flatbreads all for under $10 each to purchase. There will also be a full bar available. High Point Bar and Grill will be the only place where alcohol will be sold at the tournament. To enter High Point Bar and Grill, a person must have a ticket into the building and be at least 21 years of age. Any food and drink will not be allowed to leave High Point Bar and Grill at any time during the event.

Key point here is "only place where alcohol will be sold"

They are gonna sell booze in the bar? Did ralphs bar at the last regional?

I realize theres a small difference in the scheels arenas bar isnt exactly near any seats.

Yes they did and if you didn't have a ticket in the bar you could not enter.....it was great being in the bar with about 15 people.

When do those type of tickets go on sale?

The Suites were offered to the Scheels Suite Holders as part of their agreement. The Suite Holders were given first right to purchase all of the seats in their Suites plus standing room seats as well. I think if you had a 22 seat suite for example then you could also purchase 11 standing room tickets for your suite.

If the Suite holder decided they didn't want to purchase the tickets then they were turned over to UND and I would assume they were offered to the Suite Holders at The Ralph in some sort of order.

As far as the "cover charge" for the bar, that option, along with a "parking pass" option were included in your packet if you purchased tickets for the regional.

I'd like to see a return to "home sites" for the top 4 in PWR with one additional requirement:

"Home" has to have a minimum of 8000 (10000?) seats so visiting fans have some hope for tickets. 

Too big you say? Well, in my idea, before the season each team would have to declare where they'll host if they finish top 4 and if that means a facility other than their home rink, so be it. You'd have to have some strategic alignment between certain schools. For example, DU, CC, and USAFA would all have to approach Pepsi Center in Denver. MSU-Mankato, SCSU, and UMD would all probably have to approach Target Center or The X. Quinnipiac and Yale would probably pair up. 

What if say UMD and MSU-Mankato both declared "The X" before the season and both are top seeds? Well, in a word, logistics. And a ton of bucks for that rink. :D

I'd like to see a return to "home sites" for the top 4 in PWR with one additional requirement:

"Home" has to have a minimum of 8000 (10000?) seats so visiting fans have some hope for tickets. 

Too big you say? Well, in my idea, before the season each team would have to declare where they'll host if they finish top 4 and if that means a facility other than their home rink, so be it. You'd have to have some strategic alignment between certain schools. For example, DU, CC, and USAFA would all have to approach Pepsi Center in Denver. MSU-Mankato, SCSU, and UMD would all probably have to approach Target Center or The X. Quinnipiac and Yale would probably pair up. 

What if say UMD and MSU-Mankato both declared "The X" before the season and both are top seeds? Well, in a word, logistics. And a ton of bucks for that rink. :D

Good luck getting the Pepsi Center, or any major hockey arena, to hold a random weekend in April when the first round of the NHL playoffs are often starting.