SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

Read what I wrote. Your record -- plain for all to read -- is what I referred to.  I also stated that your statements, which you had presented as factual, are wrong. 

I posted comments on the Joe Glenn video.  You attacked 89.  I have no reason to debate that with you other than to point out that your assertions of fact are wrong.  I see in your latest post that you're now modifying what you earlier wrote.  I have no idea why you have a bone to pick with 89.  Turning your attention to me is a waste of your time. 

To those on this message board who get tired it this kind of sniping between posters, I apologize for whatever role I played. 

Your record with 89rabbit is well documented here.  You and 89 (who othertimes posted as aff) used to really ham it up on the SDSU board and laugh about the state of UND athletics. 

You don't come in peace any more than 90% of NDSU trolls.

I understand UND is playing USD next season (or maybe it's the following season, 2016).

2016 in Grand Forks, 2017 in Vermillion.

I thought the post-game interview was bizarre.  I think it's fine to compliment your opponent, but if I were a USD fan, I'd be uncomfortable with how profusely he laid it on.  He spent several minutes just gushing about NDSU and how great they are.  He even took a completely random shot at NDSU's rival just to, apparently, gain favor with the Fargo media and NDSU fans.  Just a very strange interview.  I don't follow the USD program that closely anymore, and I have no beef with them, but it was pretty apparent that he looks defeated.  Not just that game, but defeated in general.  It's like he has come to the realization that he is not going to be able to turn things around.

At least it gives something to talk about leading up to the 2016 game, if Glenn is still the coach by then.   

2016 in Grand Forks, 2017 in Vermillion.

I thought the post-game interview was bizarre.  I think it's fine to compliment your opponent, but if I were a USD fan, I'd be uncomfortable with how profusely he laid it on.  He spent several minutes just gushing about NDSU and how great they are.  He even took a completely random shot at NDSU's rival just to, apparently, gain favor with the Fargo media and NDSU fans.  Just a very strange interview.  I don't follow the USD program that closely anymore, and I have no beef with them, but it was pretty apparent that he looks defeated.  Not just that game, but defeated in general.  It's like he has come to the realization that he is not going to be able to turn things around.

At least it gives something to talk about leading up to the 2016 game, if Glenn is still the coach by then.   

Don't think that will happen.

2012: 1-10  (only win vs Colgate)

2013: 4-8

2014: 2-6

Last 3 games against NDSU.   NDSU 143  USD 7.....OUCH!!!

It almost looks like Joe might be losing it. He seemed very befuddled. I do think USD fans should be a little concerned and irritated. It looks like his gas tank just might be empty.

I have sort or felt this way watching and hearing his interviews over the last two years.  I still think he is a pretty good coach but he is in a really tough spot right now.  I don't get the comments about UND, but if you look at the last couple years he says a lot of goofy nonsensical stuff all the time. 

http://www.argusleader.com/media/cinematic/video/17527887/usd-coach-joe-glenn-talks-about-the-loss-to-missouri-state/

This Glenn interview after their Missouri State game was just as odd... Says he has "no idea" why his team is playing so poorly.  Definitely looks like a "defeated" coach.  Heard USD hasn't given him a lot of resources for his staff of assistants either. 

Glenn is now 65, and I think everybody realized when he was hired that this was probably going to be a short-term gig. Given the relative lack of progress in his three years at USD, his fairly odd interviews/press conferences of late and the fact that he was apparently perfectly content to be out of coaching altogether for the three years between his departure from Wyoming and his hiring at USD, it seems quite possible that he may hang it up as soon as the end of this season.

Glenn is now 65, and I think everybody realized when he was hired that this was probably going to be a short-term gig. Given the relative lack of progress in his three years at USD, his fairly odd interviews/press conferences of late and the fact that he was apparently perfectly content to be out of coaching altogether for the three years between his departure from Wyoming and his hiring at USD, it seems quite possible that he may hang it up as soon as the end of this season.

This one's got DeBoer written all over it.  I realize EMU isn't exactly tearing it up on the offensive side of the football, but still makes sense.   

This one's got DeBoer written all over it.  I realize EMU isn't exactly tearing it up on the offensive side of the football, but still makes sense.   

I agree. I've been hearing for years about how Beschorner is the heir apparent, but given how things have gone in Vermillion for essentially his entire coaching career, promoting him would be a huge, huge risk IMO.

For getting blown out by 40 in his own barn he sure seems giddy.  Strange. 

Your point reminded me a little of Glen Mason when coaching the Gophers -- he seemed to appear to smile at the wrong time in post-game interviews and it ticked off some of the fans.

USD is a basketball school. Would guess its tough to be a football coach there.

Agreed and that is where they have sunk their resources as of late with the new arena and Craig Smith. 

Once SDSU gets their new football stadium online, USD's facilities will be much closer to NSIC schools then their Dakota FCS brethren. 

Just stating what I have been told from players I know.

Why would Joe Glenn make that comment if it wasn't the truth?

For the record I have no clue about Bubba's staff recruiting methods. He probably is much different than Lennon and Muss.

My Sales Manager played for NDSU.....he has nothing but good things to say about Dale Lennon.

OK, I grew up in ND and went to UND as did my parents and grandparents. UND is in my DNA and I am a lifelong Sioux fan (or green and white, whatever), but I live in Vermillion. Coach Glenn walked by my house Sunday morning with some kids which I presume were his grandchildren. He and his smiling face were the picture of happiness and serenity. They stopped for a few minutes to be friendly and pet my dog. Nice man, I’d have to say.

Now as a bit of an aside. Every once in a while I hear snide remarks about Vermillion such as within this thread where it’s been referred to as a dump.  Next time you are here you might go canoeing on the Missouri R. National waterway, take in the National Music Museum, or visit the Yankton reservoir on the Missouri River which beats Garrison hands down for scenery. The snow in winter is white unlike the snirt in Grand Forks, and when Arctic cold fronts plunge Grand Forks to 25 below its typically 30 degrees warmer here. FWIW.

I have to defend North Dakota all the time - dissing other communities is immature and classless. As many times as North Dakota gets cheap shotted all around the country by people who have never been there we should know better.

I have to defend North Dakota all the time - dissing other communities is immature and classless. As many times as North Dakota gets cheap shotted all around the country by people who have never been there we should know better.

So no opinions of communities in North Dakota.......thanks Sheriff.  I'm sure Glen is offering romantic canoe rides as we speak to recruits. 

Anybody have any insight into the conference tiebreakers?  It looks like a possibility that Poly and EWU could win out and end up with identical conference records.  You could also throw MSU into that mix as well.

I'd prefer Poly not be conference champs after getting blasted vs the bunnies.

Anybody have any insight into the conference tiebreakers?  It looks like a possibility that Poly and EWU could win out and end up with identical conference records.  You could also throw MSU into that mix as well.

They are a completely different team now.  They had just lost five players a few weeks before that and were playing bad ball.  They got the machine rolling.

I'm confused by some of your posts.  In the past, when UND wins a game, you will say head to head doesn't matter.  But when comparing other teams and conferences, you use head to head all the time.  It really can't be both ways.   

I'm confused by some of your posts.  In the past, when UND wins a game, you will say head to head doesn't matter.  But when comparing other teams and conferences, you use head to head all the time.  It really can't be both ways.   

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe you are overthinking things here?

I prefer the conference champion to look dominant.  If the champ took a blowout loss to a 3rd or 4th place team from another conference, I would not prefer that.  Therefore, I would rather MSU or EWU be the champion.

That's it.  It is no more confusing than that.

I wonder how much the GOBC will give for phase two?

Probably a bunch of fake money to go along with all the fake decisions they make. Actually if they do exist "which I don't doubt there is a bunch of guys with money that the GOBC is based on" they probably will have a lot to give to phase two. By the way what did gf hockey do to get a suspension? That's twice now in six months I think. What a character, annoying at times but always entertaining.