SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

You have to give Joe Glenn credit. USD was 1-10 two years ago in his first year, then 4-8 last year, and now this year they played Montana very tough in Missoula, and now is taking it to #22 (for now) Northern Arizona.

I completely retract this statement. And I probably deserve a suspension from this board for ever having posted it. 7-24 through just over two and a half seasons speaks for itself, and casting stones at a school you haven't even coached against since the 1990's is low class all the way.

The Joe Glenn interview was odd and one has to wonder what prompted it.  I don't know Coach Glenn but he's known to have a good sense of humor.  Were his comments some sort of bizarre attempt at humor in the midst of the love fest with NDSU?  Most who know him well have nothing but good things to say about him and it seems out of his character to take an unprovoked shot at another program. 

The post-game interview with Glenn and some of the USD players -- this is the regular post-game interview and he says nothing about other North Dakota schools -- is here (nothing of particular note...just posting the link in case anyone is interested).

http://www.argusleader.com/videos/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2014/10/25/17935709/

USD is having a real struggle this year.  There some kind of internal strife going on.

Last, and my principle reason to post here:  Coach Glenn isn't looking for another job. He was pulled out of retirement in Arizona to assist his alma mater. The common speculation among some is Glenn was brought in for a limited stay to teach the current offensive coordinator, Wes Beschorner , how to be head coach. Beschorner was a successful QB for the 'Yotes and was brought into coaching by the prior head coach, Meierkort.  Some USD fans do not think Beshorner is the right guy and  they're critical of his play calling as OC.  When Coach Glenn concludes this stint at USD, he'll go back to his home in Arizona and swing more golf clubs. 

Second odd interview in a row for Glenn.  A reporter stuck a microphone and camera in Glenn's face right after the prior loss and he probably bared his soul a little more than he should have.  People felt sorry for him and I'm not sure that's the image he wants to portray.

That's two-cents worth from this Jackrabbit fan.  

I have a few friends that played for NDSU, but who UND wanted bad. One was recruited under Lennon and the other 2 under Muss.

What Joe Glen said closely resembled what they told me about their visits with UND. They said more time was spent trying to convince them why NDSU and SDSU sucked rather than time spent discussing the program at UND.

I talked with a few parents of UND players a couple of years ago and they said similar things about NDSU.   They told me that the SU coaches talked crap about UND during recruiting and the things they told their kids were not true.  They also said their kids spent a fair amount of time when new recruits came to visit trying to straighten out the lies they had been told by SU coaches.  

I guess it all depends on whose ox is being gored. 

I talked with a few parents of UND players a couple of years ago and they said similar things about NDSU. They told me that the SU coaches talked crap about UND during recruiting and the things they told their kids were not true. They also said their kids spent a fair amount of time when new recruits came to visit trying to straighten out the lies they had been told by SU coaches.

I guess it all depends on whose ox is being gored.

Liar Bison coaches never say anything negative about other teams. (Sarcasm)

I only watched the first couple of minutes....but wondering how a coach who just got his butt handed to his team, sits there with a smile on his face bragging about the other team.  That is sad.  He is definitely looking forward to swinging clubs down in AZ.  I'd be pretty pissed if my coach looked that happy after getting beat down.

The Joe Glenn interview was odd and one has to wonder what prompted it.  I don't know Coach Glenn but he's known to have a good sense of humor.  Were his comments some sort of bizarre attempt at humor in the midst of the love fest with NDSU?  Most who know him well have nothing but good things to say about him and it seems out of his character to take an unprovoked shot at another program. 

The post-game interview with Glenn and some of the USD players -- this is the regular post-game interview and he says nothing about other North Dakota schools -- is here (nothing of particular note...just posting the link in case anyone is interested).

http://www.argusleader.com/videos/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2014/10/25/17935709/

USD is having a real struggle this year.  There some kind of internal strife going on.

Last, and my principle reason to post here:  Coach Glenn isn't looking for another job. He was pulled out of retirement in Arizona to assist his alma mater. The common speculation among some is Glenn was brought in for a limited stay to teach the current offensive coordinator, Wes Beschorner , how to be head coach. Beschorner was a successful QB for the 'Yotes and was brought into coaching by the prior head coach, Meierkort.  Some USD fans do not think Beshorner is the right guy and  they're critical of his play calling as OC.  When Coach Glenn concludes this stint at USD, he'll go back to his home in Arizona and swing more golf clubs. 

Second odd interview in a row for Glenn.  A reporter stuck a microphone and camera in Glenn's face right after the prior loss and he probably bared his soul a little more than he should have.  People felt sorry for him and I'm not sure that's the image he wants to portray.

That's two-cents worth from this Jackrabbit fan.  

I agree this is two weeks in a row with strange interviews for J. Glenn.  I think he is frustrated with how things are progressing in Vermillion.  As far as his comments, I was not sure if he was talking about historical (UNC days) or current (USD).  The funny part is that the last time UND/USD played - USD players trashed the locker room at the Alerts after they chocked a 20 point lead in the second half.  I don't know of any UND officials who made any negative comments about the behavior by the Pups that day.  I thought UND handled it correctly and kept everything off the record.  Now, the coach takes a shot at UND out of nowhere...   

Hey, Jack JD since SDSU has one of the best recruiters from the Muss staff at SDSU was he taking a shot at SDSU also..

....Hey, Jack JD since SDSU has one of the best recruiters from the Muss staff at SDSU was he taking a shot at SDSU also..

Meierkort was USD's coach the year of the locker room trashing. 

I am not acquainted with Coach Glenn.  I know a lot of people who know Coach Glenn and one does not hear anything bad about him.  He's still very popular in Missoula MT and even in Laramie where he just couldn't do a lot with the Cowboys -- he stayed on in some position with Wyoming's athletic dept for a while after being terminated as head coach. 

I have no idea why he made the comments he made but a part of me thinks he was just rambling after his team got its doors blown off -- maybe some attempt at gallows humor in the face of the death of a season.  If I was a UND guy, I wouldn't put any weight in the comments. 

Which SDSU coach was on the Muss staff?

Do people take shots at SDSU?  :)

I am not acquainted with Coach Glenn.  I know a lot of people who know Coach Glenn and one does not hear anything bad about him.  He's still very popular in Missoula MT and even in Laramie where he just couldn't do a lot with the Cowboys -- he stayed on in some position with Wyoming's athletic dept for a while after being terminated as head coach. 

I have no idea why he made the comments he made but a part of me thinks he was just rambling after his team got its doors blown off -- maybe some attempt at gallows humor in the face of the death of a season.  If I was a UND guy, I wouldn't put any weight in the comments. 

I believe that Luke S. is on the SDSU staff.  He cleaned up recruiting in Chicago area.. previously he coached at W. Ill   I think that he is the TE coach at SDSU.

Look up past posts by 89rabbit.  He hated UND, but then got run out of Brookings as Alumni Chief for credit cards scams on his own benefactors.

Too often, rabbit fans look to NDSU and since NDSU fans hate UND, SDSU does what big brother says.

I agree this is two weeks in a row with strange interviews for J. Glenn. I think he is frustrated with how things are progressing in Vermillion. As far as his comments, I was not sure if he was talking about historical (UNC days) or current (USD). The funny part is that the last time UND/USD played - USD players trashed the locker room at the Alerts after they chocked a 20 point lead in the second half. I don't know of any UND officials who made any negative comments about the behavior by the Pups that day. I thought UND handled it correctly and kept everything off the record. Now, the coach takes a shot at UND out of nowhere...

Hey, Jack JD since SDSU has one of the best recruiters from the Muss staff at SDSU was he taking a shot at SDSU also..

The funny part is how in love Bison fans are with him because of those comments I heard a statue of him is going up right "under" Gene Taylor.

We've given old Joe more comments than he deserves but wow talk about a low-energy press conference and his non-verbal communications just screams about a guy who is tired, disconnected and even confused - more interested in his pen than the reporters. USD should be nervous every time a microphone is put in front of this guy the rest of the season.

Look up past posts by 89rabbit.  He hated UND, but then got run out of Brookings as Alumni Chief for credit cards scams on his own benefactors.

Too often, rabbit fans look to NDSU and since NDSU fans hate UND, SDSU does what big brother says.

SiouxVolley:  Were you responding to something? I concluded a long time ago your posts have created a record that supports a finding of some sort of mental defect (you formerly posted as Star2-something didn't you?). 

I think most Rabbit fans do not quite get the intensity of the hatred between NDSU and UND (the dislike between SDSU and USD is mild in comparison).  Throwing out the "big brother" comment...well, I quit responding to stuff like that when I was eight years old and my bratty brother was six.  He eventually grew up.

Also, what you post about 89 is untrue.  You should probably visit with a lawyer about publishing stuff like that.

I believe that Luke S. is on the SDSU staff.  He cleaned up recruiting in Chicago area.. previously he coached at W. Ill   I think that he is the TE coach at SDSU.

Yep, Luke Schleusner, TE coach.  I didn't know about the UND connection.  I had only read the bios in the game-day program and they are quite short.  The game-day program boil does  refer to him as "A former national champion as a player...."    The expanded bio on the website has the right info including his resume as a player and coach for UND. 

Luke is new this year, hired in February.  Good he knows the Chicago.  We pull at least a couple of great players out of Chicago every year. 

I think most Rabbit fans do not quite get the intensity of the hatred between NDSU and UND (the dislike between SDSU and USD is mild in comparison).  Throwing out the "big brother" comment...well, I quit responding to stuff like that when I was eight years old and my bratty brother was six.  He eventually grew up.

Also, what you post about 89 is untrue.  You should probably visit with a lawyer about publishing stuff like that.

So its fine to impugn me but your gonna defend 89rabbit to the end.  Got it.  Your lawyer training makes it all right?

89rabbit was likely a scam artist through and through that had his wife do the dirty deed and take the fall for him.  He gets a Disney cruise and a family vacation on other peoples stolen credit, but he says that he doesn't know where the funds came from?  "She" had done it before. 

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/news/article_6c271eb4-a429-11e3-9d24-0017a43b2370.html

Must have been awfully embarrassing to have a couple like 89rabbit with his wife in charge of the SDSU alumni group.

So its fine to impugn me but your gonna defend 89rabbit to the end.  Got it.  Your lawyer training makes it all right?

89rabbit was likely a scam artist through and through that had his wife do the dirty deed and take the fall for him.  He gets a Disney cruise and a family vacation on other peoples stolen credit, but he says that he doesn't know where the funds came from?  "She" had done it before. 

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/news/article_6c271eb4-a429-11e3-9d24-0017a43b2370.html

Must have been awfully embarrassing to have a couple like 89rabbit with his wife in charge of the SDSU alumni group.

That gives a different meaning to the word "Jack"- or should it be "Jacked".

That's a joke bro. I haven't heard a coach from UND say a bad word about any program......and I have prodded the last 20 years. Get lost.

I've talked with the kids in our area that the current UND staff has recruited, and none of them have experienced any negative comments about other programs.

Read what I wrote. Your record -- plain for all to read -- is what I referred to.  I also stated that your statements, which you had presented as factual, are wrong. 

I posted comments on the Joe Glenn video.  You attacked 89.  I have no reason to debate that with you other than to point out that your assertions of fact are wrong.  I see in your latest post that you're now modifying what you earlier wrote.  I have no idea why you have a bone to pick with 89.  Turning your attention to me is a waste of your time. 

To those on this message board who get tired it this kind of sniping between posters, I apologize for whatever role I played. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe you're on to something there:  I've heard Coach Glenn be tough on the Jackrabbits but it seems he does it with humor.

Maybe it's time to bring out the link in which Coach Glenn, when coaching Wyoming against Utah, flipped off Utah Coach Wittingham for what most would agree was a jerk-call by Utah (onside kick when Utah up by 43 points over Wyoming)-- the Utes were absolutely killing the Cowboys.  I remember seeing that on TV and laughing my butt off -- the Utah coach kinda earned the single-finger salute.

go to about 2:02 on the following clip:

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2007/11/wyomings-glenn-flips-off-whittingham.html

I understand UND is playing USD next season (or maybe it's the following season, 2016).