SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

How hard can it be to send in the color of the helmets to Adidas and get the jerseys to match the helmet? Is it the fault of Adidas for not matching or whoever coordinated the ordering of the uniforms as they didn't communicate the helmet color to Adidas? 

Matching colors of different materials under different light conditions is brutally hard.

Matching colors of different materials under different light conditions is brutally hard.

I find find it pretty funny that last year our jerseys were too light and the helmets were too dark, and now this year it is the other way around!! How come other schools seem to be able to figure this out?!!

The green jerseys will always be worn in the Alerus Center, so I would guess that would be the lighting condition; not varied at all. 

Hopefully they don't look as mismatched as it seems they might. 

That white jersey with green pants will look so good beating the bizon

is that what they call getting run out of the building nowadays? 

On a serious note... White pants are way cooler than black. Always have been, always will be. 

• Downvote 3

Tell me once when a football jersey color was the deciding factor in a game. You wear what they provide. If the helmets don't match we can still win the game. Let's just start playing bubba ball and smother them with a swarming defence

True. I'm as excited as anyone in terms of what Bubba has going on with schemes and expectations. 

With that said, it's still upsetting that the uniform thing can't get done right the first time. NDSU, SDSU, USD, Montana, Montana State, etc. have no problems with this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought they looked great in person. Looking forward to seeing the greens this weekend.

I also was a bit unsure of the matte helmets and wasn't that crazy about them.  But in watching some of the video highlights, I liked how it looked with our white jerseys.  Will be interesting to see how they look with the green tops. 

I don't know if it has been touched on or not, but has anyone heard anything about alternative uniforms? I used to work with one of the seniors from last year's football team and this summer he said that they were getting matte grey helmets and grey uniforms as well.

Edited by HIGG90

I don't know if it has been touched on or not, but has anyone heard anything about alternative uniforms? I used to work with one of the seniors from last year's football team and this summer he said that they were getting matte grey helmets and grey uniforms as well.

I believe the matte grey uniforms will be available for the 2016 season, so next season. For this season, its green and white jerseys. 

I have said from the get-go that there is no chance the helmet and jersey colors will match. Unless they repaint the helmets, which is the problem in the first place.  The green on the helmet is just off.

After seeing the pictures of the uniforms under sunlight vs fluorescent light, I have to agree. I can't see the helmets matching. 

How hard can it be to send in the color of the helmets to Adidas and get the jerseys to match the helmet? Is it the fault of Adidas for not matching or whoever coordinated the ordering of the uniforms as they didn't communicate the helmet color to Adidas? 

I find find it pretty funny that last year our jerseys were too light and the helmets were too dark, and now this year it is the other way around!! How come other schools seem to be able to figure this out?!!

True. I'm as excited as anyone in terms of what Bubba has going on with schemes and expectations. 

With that said, it's still upsetting that the uniform thing can't get done right the first time. NDSU, SDSU, USD, Montana, Montana State, etc. have no problems with this. 

Certainly looked like the helmets and jerseys matched.  But welcome to UND, where the fans bitch about everything.