SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

UND football has been wearing green jerseys with white pants at home for decades. This isn't something new,  So if you are not a fan of it by now, you may never be!!

They have also worn green jerseys with black pants which I am a bigger fan of than the green on white.  

Don't tell me you're going for the look "DaveK" favors ... the oversized shoulder pads and draping sleeves circa 1980 ... which is something akin to this:

0b155abfeeadb842590ae27bc525ba02.jpg

PS - I'm just pokin' some fun at you and DaveK. :) 

PPS - Only a few of us know who that is or the skit. :( 

I'll give DaveK some credit, that sure is an intimidating look

I swear they toned down the green from the mock-up.

Could you elaborate?

They better be kelly green and match the matte helmets. Mismatched green was the issue with the last green helmets and jerseys. 

In this photo it appears to reveal a real dark green. Hopefully it's just the lighting. 

image.jpg

Could you elaborate?

They better be kelly green and match the matte helmets. Mismatched green was the issue with the last green helmets and jerseys. 

In this photo it appears to reveal a real dark green. Hopefully it's just the lighting. 

It looks like the actual jerseys we are seeing now are darker.....and appear to match the helmets.  Maybe just a lighting thing, but in my opinion they tweaked the color, made it darker.

Joe looks good-

It's definitely the lighting. Look at the pic of Ratelle. The jerseys appear darker (although not as dark as the pic of Mollberg) but they still match the helmets. The helmets are definitely brighter than they appear, so I can only assume the jerseys will be as well. 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25273953/candid-coaches-has-a-shoe-company-ever-cost-you-a-players-commitment

Article on shoe companies' influence on where basketball players go to college.  Interesting read, but I doubt the companies have interest in the low to mid major prospects and shoes worn by players at UND are simply personal preference.

It's definitely the lighting. Look at the pic of Ratelle. The jerseys appear darker (although not as dark as the pic of Mollberg) but they still match the helmets. The helmets are definitely brighter than they appear, so I can only assume the jerseys will be as well. 

That picture that acted as the "official uniform release" from the athletic department may be from Adidas themselves (sales mock-up), and not something that was taken with the actual jerseys that just arrived. 

I'll rest assured when I see a photo of the jerseys that have actually, physically arrived. 

That picture that acted as the "official uniform release" from the athletic department may be from Adidas themselves (sales mock-up), and not something that was taken with the actual jerseys that just arrived. 

I'll rest assured when I see a photo of the jerseys that have actually, physically arrived. 

SFI had a tweet stating that some players were doing a photo shoot in the IPF. I'm assuming this is from that session.

Could you elaborate?

image.jpg

That's a nice looking basketball tank top!   :lol:

Looks like the white pants are just solid white. Love the clean look. Has anyone seen the green pants? I assume they are solid too. 

image.jpg

They look good. Nice, clean looking uniform that represents - to a degree - the tradition of University of North Dakota football.

Good choice.

In the future (next season), the "spice up" option should be all black uniforms with a matte black helmet, in my opinion. Of course, an all grey (including helmet) alternate set has been discussed as well. 

Looks like the white pants are just solid white. Love the clean look. Has anyone seen the green pants? I assume they are solid too. 

image.jpg

I like the jerseys, but does anyone agree that there still may be an issue with matching the helmets?  The helmets look like a much brighter green now compared to the jerseys.

UND.JPG

In the second pic they're wearing practice jerseys.  Will need to see the helmet and jersey on at the same time, otherwise the lighting may just make them look different.

I am comparring the jerseys from the above picture and the helmets of the below picture.  Not the practice jerseys.  TO me they don't match.  Can't be the only one that sees this.  I agree, we won't know wha they look like together yet.  But just pointing out that there may be issues.

After seeing the pictures of the uniforms under sunlight vs fluorescent light, I have to agree. I can't see the helmets matching. 

It looks like they matched the stripes on the pants and the numbers on the whites with the helmet... I don't see why they would get jerseys that don't match the pant stripe too.

They certainly look like they match in the original picture, which at this point is the only picture that I've seen that includes both the helmets and both jerseys:  

Edited by southpaw

I have said from the get-go that there is no chance the helmet and jersey colors will match. Unless they repaint the helmets, which is the problem in the first place.  The green on the helmet is just off.

How hard can it be to send in the color of the helmets to Adidas and get the jerseys to match the helmet? Is it the fault of Adidas for not matching or whoever coordinated the ordering of the uniforms as they didn't communicate the helmet color to Adidas?