SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

Well I guess I'm in the minority then. I'll take last year's home uniforms over these. They are too tight, shoulder pads pop out after every play. These uniforms look like a uniform from Southeast Louisiana State or something like that.  I'm glad everybody else likes them and the players, but I honestly don't care for them.  As long as we win though I don't care. 

Agree. Helmets matched jersey top in color so that was a plus. I'm confused as to what Kelly Green is? Was that it?

The jerseys looked sharp.  Still to dark in my opinion.  Was hoping the jerseys wold be the color of the helmets during fall camp.  they obviously had to darken the helmets when the jerseys came in.  The colors match, so that is good.  Just wish the green was a true Kelly green and lighter.

The jerseys looked sharp.  Still to dark in my opinion.  Was hoping the jerseys wold be the color of the helmets during fall camp.  they obviously had to darken the helmets when the jerseys came in.  The colors match, so that is good.  Just wish the green was a true Kelly green and lighter.

If you go back through the years of UND football, I don't think UND ever wore a true kelly green uniform.  The 90s uniforms were a pretty dark shade of green (relative to the Nike jerseys the team wore before this year).  The jerseys perhaps got a little lighter in the 00s, but they didn't go to a true kelly green until the last round of Nike jerseys in the late 00s.  Those Nike jerseys looked too light, especially next to the helmets, which matched the green from the previous jerseys.  I think the new jerseys look sharp and are the correct historical shade of green, even if that means they aren't a true kelly.   Just my opinion.  

Edited by mksioux

• 1 month later...

I've heard from a rock solid source that the team will be getting a grey kit next followed by a black kit. The best part is that we will also be getting grey/silver helmets with a green number on one side and a green nd on the other. I'm personally a huge fan of a silver/grey helmet like the ones we had back in the day. Also the players will love it. 

• Upvote 4

I've heard from a rock solid source that the team will be getting a grey kit next followed by a black kit. The best part is that we will also be getting grey/silver helmets with a green number on one side and a green nd on the other. I'm personally a huge fan of a silver/grey helmet like the ones we had back in the day. Also the players will love it. 

Does your source mention that fans will be able to buy jerseys anywhere anytime soon? Tough to promote the team without any gear at all.

Been wanting the greys forever.  My favorite uni is Tennessee's which are adidas (or were).

Very very cool.  Thanks for the info.

Walking through Missoula last weekend, you couldn't walk a block without seeing Griz gear for sale.  You could buy virtually anything - including any home/away/alternate football jersey you wanted.  In Grand Forks, the only football jersey option I've seen for sale is a black Nike replica jersey from a few years ago (with Greg Hardin's number on it).  It's pretty sad that you can't buy a football jersey that looks like the ones the team actually wears.   I don't know if it's poor support from the University, or just the fact that there isn't a demand for football jerseys.  Either way, it's quite pathetic for a DI program.

• Upvote 1

Walking through Missoula last weekend, you couldn't walk a block without seeing Griz gear for sale.  You could buy virtually anything - including any home/away/alternate football jersey you wanted.  In Grand Forks, the only football jersey option I've seen for sale is a black Nike replica jersey from a few years ago (with Greg Hardin's number on it).  It's pretty sad that you can't buy a football jersey that looks like the ones the team actually wears.   I don't know if it's poor support from the University, or just the fact that there isn't a demand for football jerseys.  Either way, it's quite pathetic for a DI program.

I had every intention of buying a new football shirt the first home game, and that's when I discovered you couldn't once in the Alerus.

They've had a Nike deal forever. Also doesn't hurt that Missoula is a football town. Even Fargo doesn't have those types of options on jerseys.

They've had a Nike deal forever. Also doesn't hurt that Missoula is a football town. Even Fargo doesn't have those types of options on jerseys.

Honest question because I've never shopped for Bison gear - can you not find more than one color for Bison football jerseys in Fargo?  If that's the case, I stand corrected...and very surprised.

I realize that this is the first year under the contract with Adidas, but how long does it take REA to get new hockey jerseys when there is a modification?  Again, honest question.  Maybe it takes months or until the following season, but I highly doubt it.  I suspect they roll those out to coincide with the start of the new season, or as shortly thereafter as possible.  Again, I understand demand is much greater for UND hockey jerseys than UND football jerseys.  My comment is not necessarily directed at any entity in particular, just noting the sad state of affairs right now for football merchandising.

Honest question because I've never shopped for Bison gear - can you not find more than one color for Bison football jerseys in Fargo?  If that's the case, I stand corrected...and very surprised.

I realize that this is the first year under the contract with Adidas, but how long does it take REA to get new hockey jerseys when there is a modification?  Again, honest question.  Maybe it takes months or until the following season, but I highly doubt it.  I suspect they roll those out to coincide with the start of the new season, or as shortly thereafter as possible.  Again, I understand demand is much greater for UND hockey jerseys than UND football jerseys.  My comment is not necessarily directed at any entity in particular, just noting the sad state of affairs right now for football merchandising.

I don't remember. Next time I'm in the Fargo Scheels I'll remember to check.