SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, 77iceman said:

I know it's all hip and cool to like the grey uniforms and stuff . . . but I just don't.  Unless, of course, one of your actual school colors is grey I just don't get it.

Honestly, I really liked the all white and the all green look.  I would assume that to a defense, it's almost like camo . . . the lack of depth and

definition in a line full of just green moving around on a green field.  Maybe kinda hard to read who is who and what's going on?

But whatever.  They could wear baby blue and I'd still cheer for 'em!

The grey jerseys are going to be difficult for me to like, ever. With that said, I can handle grey helmets and pants.

Still, in my opinion, matte black helmets, black jerseys, and black pants look the best as far as a second set. That's the direction Bubba should've went with Adidas. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. Gray pants would accent well with the green Jersey. Love the helmets though; they do need a little more green, but the matte gray looks terrific. Maybe they can get matte black next year.

Add a green face mask to the gray helmet and that's a nice look. Throw in some black cleats and I'd suit up for UND. If I had eligibility left and two good knees. :D

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The grey jerseys are going to be difficult for me to like, ever. With that said, I can handle grey helmets and pants.

Still, in my opinion, matte black helmets, black jerseys, and black pants look the best as far as a second set. That's the direction Bubba should've went with Adidas. 

With grey we should all prepare ourselves to see a team that looks like it just came out of a swimming pool. 

I really like that grey helmet, even more than I thought I would.  I think the black face mask looks good with it, the holes in the helmet are black so it almost makes the holes look like a black accent to go along with the black face mask.  I think the white ND looks good on it too, I like it.  A green ND could look good there too, but would have to see it to know if I'd actually like it better or not.   I don't know if I would have been a fan of the grey uniforms, however after going to an ASU game and they had theirs on.....I thought it looked pretty cool.  They might have went with the white ND on the helmet because maybe the numbers on the jerseys will be white and they will match.   ASU had white helmets though to offset all of the grey on the pants and jerseys.   I really liked the grey ASU jerseys....so if they do it right I think it can work....will have to see the final outcome with the helmets, jerseys, and pants all together to really know if they pulled it off.    I know some say that grey isn't a UND school color........but I don't think black is either. 

Here is a link to those jerseys....      https://www.google.com/search?q=arizona+state+football+copper+jerseys&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&imgil=u4JIhPS1XZBbIM%253A%253B5SUtGSwwA7nmtM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.statepress.com%25252Farticle%25252F2014%25252F08%25252Fasu-sun-devils-football-new-black-uniforms-jerseys-photos-video&source=iu&pf=m&fir=u4JIhPS1XZBbIM%253A%252C5SUtGSwwA7nmtM%252C_&usg=__Z2Py7oPnw_EJ4cIzuJy7p8xGmaA%3D&ved=0ahUKEwj8rLKR8K_MAhUK8WMKHXaCA2EQyjcIJw&ei=Yj4hV_zzJorijwP2hI6IBg#imgrc=u4JIhPS1XZBbIM%3A   

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I really like that grey helmet, even more than I thought I would.  I think the black face mask looks good with it, the holes in the helmet are black so it almost makes the holes look like a black accent to go along with the black face mask.  I think the white ND looks good on it too, I like it.  A green ND could look good there too, but would have to see it to know if I'd actually like it better or not.   I don't know if I would have been a fan of the grey uniforms, however after going to an ASU game and they had theirs on.....I thought it looked pretty cool.  They might have went with the white ND on the helmet because maybe the numbers on the jerseys will be white and they will match.   ASU had white helmets though to offset all of the grey on the pants and jerseys.   I really liked the grey ASU jerseys....so if they do it right I think it can work....will have to see the final outcome with the helmets, jerseys, and pants all together to really know if they pulled it off.    I know some say that grey isn't a UND school color........but I don't think black is either. 

Here is a link to those jerseys....      https://www.google.com/search?q=arizona+state+football+copper+jerseys&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&imgil=u4JIhPS1XZBbIM%253A%253B5SUtGSwwA7nmtM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.statepress.com%25252Farticle%25252F2014%25252F08%25252Fasu-sun-devils-football-new-black-uniforms-jerseys-photos-video&source=iu&pf=m&fir=u4JIhPS1XZBbIM%253A%252C5SUtGSwwA7nmtM%252C_&usg=__Z2Py7oPnw_EJ4cIzuJy7p8xGmaA%3D&ved=0ahUKEwj8rLKR8K_MAhUK8WMKHXaCA2EQyjcIJw&ei=Yj4hV_zzJorijwP2hI6IBg#imgrc=u4JIhPS1XZBbIM%3A   

I would argue black is a UND color. Kelly green, white, and black. Certainly no grey. Nevertheless, as long as UND is typically sporting quality kelly green, they'll look fine. 

1 hour ago, Finn flick said:

I hate gray. I would never own a gray car except if it were given to me and I would emblazon it with green (UND) race car stripes. A gray car looks like a battle ship on wheels. Just sayin.

Slightly matte gunmetal grey cars look anything but boat like. I'll just leave this here.

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

I remember the school colors as pink and green, after the Prairie Rose our State Flower.  We used to sing a UND song about the school's colors, the prairie rose, and that our ND green prairies gave us rosy prospects....When I would see the pink roses in a pasture at the farm, I would always have a great feeling. In fact just had that rush!   So did the school colors get changed?

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

School colors still include pink.

Schools athletic colors have never included pink,

Of course, that could of created problems at men's games.

I faintly remember something like the women's basketball uniforms, might of had a touch pink with mostly green and white, like in the 70's? Home uniforms? Maybe not?

The colors pink and green, which remain the University's official colors, were chosen by the student body in 1889 when planning for UND's first commencement exercises. The choice was inspired by the pink and green of the prairie rose, North Dakota's official state flower, and "suggestive of our green prairies and rosy prospects." The official athletic colors became green and white when it was determined that green and pink would not elicit a proper measure of respect from UND's opponents. In practice, the green and white is expressed in several different shades of green and the occasional substitution of gray or black for white.

For a decade before 1917, there was a considerable movement to discard the pink and green for the more conventional and "masculine" colors of black and gold. In fact, from 1909 until 1917 UND President Frank L. McVey unofficially adopted the new colors, which would no doubt have become permanent, had it not been for protests from students and influential alumni.

https://und.edu/student-affairs/code-of-student-life/sealofuniversity.cfm

19 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Slightly matte gunmetal grey cars look anything but boat like. I'll just leave this here.

image.jpg

But they're not cars . . . it's a football team.  I love the Cincinnati Bengals uniforms, but I bet this car would look silly painted like that uniform.

Love this car, by the way.

1 hour ago, 77iceman said:

But they're not cars . . . it's a football team.  I love the Cincinnati Bengals uniforms, but I bet this car would look silly painted like that uniform.

Love this car, by the way.

I think matte in any color done right on a helmet is spectacular. Done wrong it's a mess.

25 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

I do like the matte green UND helmets.  

Matte in any color is the newer trend. Young athletes identify with it.  Matte gray or green helmets or simply multiple uniforms options are a recruiting tool and they also give current players to get excited about when they compare what they have to their buddies at other schools many FBS schools do it for the exact same reasons.  Us older guys didn't have that luxury during our playing days.  But times have changed.

• Upvote 1