SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

I'm in favor of what recruits like. That's what this is all about - and should be IMO. It shouldn't be about any coaches likes or dislikes. There are limits, of course. Traditions count as do budgets. But in the end college football is about recruiting and if high schoolers like matte helmets than go get them. .

Even the sioux logo was hardly featured on the older unis. Football has always been about the interlocking ND.

True, but I'm just saying in general, for any sport.  We have limited money and it would be kind of lame to not feature our new logo any any of your team's uniforms in the coming years.  It just makes me think of the outdated Big Sky logo in the Betty... they could have waited until the Big Sky re branding was complete before putting the logo on the floor - similar idea here with the new jerseys.

Was it in person or online somewhere? Sounds awesome, can't wait to see

Just a photo on a cell phone. I am guessing it's the mock up sent for approval before 100 uniforms are made. Jersey, pants, helmet. The helmet matched the 'green' so definitely looked like a new helmet.

Just a photo on a cell phone. I am guessing it's the mock up sent for approval before 100 uniforms are made. Jersey, pants, helmet. The helmet matched the 'green' so definitely looked like a new helmet.

That's good to hear!  Excited to see these things.  They represent a new era of football at UND and I love it....

If we end up getting a new nickname, then what? I suppose they can still just have North Dakota on them and the interlocking ND on the helmet if we have a new nickname.

Very little reference to the "Fighting Sioux" logo was on the uniforms of the past, so why get caught up in logo inclusion with these uniforms? Just use the the right shade of Kelly Green, the interlocking ND and label with "North Dakota" and they will look fine.

• Upvote 1

Very little reference to the "Fighting Sioux" logo was on the uniforms of the past, so why get caught up in logo inclusion with these uniforms? Just use the the right shade of Kelly Green, the interlocking ND and label with "North Dakota" and they will look fine.

This please. No "combat anthracite" or "post-apocalypse black" jerseys and no chrome helmets or stripes on the facemask because RECRUITZ WILL THINK THEY'RE KOOLZ!

NO NO NO!

This please. No "combat anthracite" or "post-apocalypse black" jerseys and no chrome helmets or stripes on the facemask because RECRUITZ WILL THINK THEY'RE KOOLZ!

NO NO NO!

UND certainly doesn't need any fancy, shiny new unifroms like what some college football teams now wear. They should, however, have some alternate options as far as colors of pants, jersey, and helmets. The recruits - especially those not from the area and not particularly familiar with UND tradition - would appreciate uniform variability like that in terms of appearance. Green helmet along with either gray, black, and/or white alternate; green jersey along with black alternate; white pants along with green, gray, and/or black alternates. It's the uniform "option" strategy that many Big Sky Conference teams are utilizing, like Eastern Washington, Montana, and Montana State.

To my knowledge, UND is going this route.

Set of Green and white jerseys and set of green and white pants for 2015 from Adidas; alternate gray or black jersey/pants set in 2016.

NO NO NO!

As much as we "traditionalists", and/or "old people" like clean, regular jerseys, there will be something in the works to catch the recruits eyes. I hope Bubba is able to have full control of this, but I would guess Adidas will have a say in it.  As long as its decent looking, we are going to have to accept some sort of new design style as one of the sets.   Hopefully thats a year or two away yet though.

I have no problem with an alternate jersey. Not a Notre Dame fan at all but their "green jersey" was always pretty cool. Same thing with the Miami Hurricanes with the green jersey and orange jersey (along with the road whites). Florida has the orange jersey - Georgia had the black one year or two. My issue is with schools like Oregon, whose brand is so diluted with what seems like 300 possible combinations of helmet/jersey/pants.

I have no problem with an alternate jersey. Not a Notre Dame fan at all but their "green jersey" was always pretty cool. Same thing with the Miami Hurricanes with the green jersey and orange jersey (along with the road whites). Florida has the orange jersey - Georgia had the black one year or two. My issue is with schools like Oregon, whose brand is so diluted with what seems like 300 possible combinations of helmet/jersey/pants.

Fortunately we don't have to worry about becoming like Nike U.  (But I agree with you)  I would love to see UND in an all black scheme with green highlights!  I think that would look great!

Oregon is an extreme example; UND won't be doing that, that's for sure.

However, we can't get too caught up in OUR opinions. The players and prospective recruits are the most important factor in the uniform debate. If they want sparkles and ribbons, give them sparkles and ribbons, especially if it results in top prospects committing and UND racking up wins.

• Upvote 2

The players and prospective recruits are the most important factor in the uniform debate. If they want sparkles and ribbons, give them sparkles and ribbons...

Then cue the "anthracitic chrome" helmets and "pro combat NoDak Volt" colored jerseys...

Too flat..... It's like a lighter version of Baylors awful green ones when they had RG3. What a waste of money.

It matches the jersey color and the color won't change as much as the old ones did with the reflections of the Alerus Center lighting. Nothing wrong with it. 

Too flat..... It's like a lighter version of Baylors awful green ones when they had RG3. What a waste of money.

It's not for us. It's for recruits/players. I'm curious if anyone has talked to any players to see what they think.