SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

Read today where the U of Miami Hurricanes signed a contract with Addidas in January for new uniforms and they were just revealed. They have 3 different sets in Orange, Green, and White giving them 9 combinations. Also the fabric used will (supposedly) make it harder for them to be tackled. The word "Miami" is very prominent in the front. Very sharp! Nice if UND does as well with its design from Addidas.

miami_zpsmcnrho8y.jpg

miamii_zpsiijpv8fq.jpg

miamiiii_zpsz4yhs35u.jpg

miamiii_zpsgt8j82jf.jpg

With all due respect, I hope not!

Honestly, I'm a little scared to see them.  Not sure if I'm going to like the green on green if that is what it's going to be.  I think the matt helmets are a bit boring, I know it goes with the identify of our team though as a grind it out team though.  We talk about how we need these uniforms to impress recruits, I have a feeling our new uniforms will likely be a bit boring.  Not that I want a super wild and crazy uniform, but for an alternate uniform.....I wouldn't mind at least a little bit of flash.  Will be curious to see them when they come out though!

Honestly, I'm a little scared to see them. Not sure if I'm going to like the green on green if that is what it's going to be. I think the matt helmets are a bit boring, I know it goes with the identify of our team though as a grind it out team though. We talk about how we need these uniforms to impress recruits, I have a feeling our new uniforms will likely be a bit boring. Not that I want a super wild and crazy uniform, but for an alternate uniform.....I wouldn't mind at least a little bit of flash. Will be curious to see them when they come out though!

There's a fine line between boring and clean. Til I see them I'm just going to assume they're clean since the players love the way they look.

I'm just trying to keep my expectations low, and am hoping I am pleasantly surprised when I see them lol.  I'm glad the players seem to like them, that is a good sign.  You and some others have a closer feel as to if they really like them......or if they are being politically correct and just saying that.    Even if they were horrible, I doubt you'd ever hear a player say it too much in public that they didn't like them. 

I'm just trying to keep my expectations low, and am hoping I am pleasantly surprised when I see them lol. I'm glad the players seem to like them, that is a good sign. You and some others have a closer feel as to if they really like them......or if they are being politically correct and just saying that. Even if they were horrible, I doubt you'd ever hear a player say it too much in public that they didn't like them.

The player I talked to would tell me if they didn't like it. The way he sounded, they all absolutly love it. Words like "sick" "dope" and "fire" are tossed around.

Oops, all I saw was the Jersey. I have to say the pants are pretty busy to say the least. I love the color green they used. Shoulder caps could be toned down a bit too but all in all the color combos are awesome.

I could almost live with the jerseys...but those pants? It looks like Sebastian the Ibis puked up leftover peas and carrots all over them.

We've heard the players love them and that's the important thing. Also, weren't the A&M and Nebraska jerseys alternates? They always seem to go over the top on those. I'm assuming UND will have a much more simple look for their primary jerseys but who knows. Can't wait to see them!

• Upvote 1

I also noticed from pictures of the Mens basketball team from Europe that they still seem to be looking like a NIke team.

... And that's because of Brian Jones' ignorance. A department-wide Adidas deal would have so many benefits, such as supplied gear and outfitted consistency, but Jones just doesn't get it. It's one of many reasons why Jones is a bad coach and will be gone after this season. 

• Upvote 2