SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

did he likewise light up Roger Thomas back when he refused to play? Nope? Ok then.

He lived in the TC at that time and didn't cross paths with Roger. OK then.

There is a big difference between what Roger did - playing a DI AA team at that time would have hurt our playoff chances even with a win, and agreeing in emails to schedule two games home and home and then back out while changing the rules again.

Roger was honest in his decision making and owned up to why he was doing it. Gene needs to grow a pair and do the same. It is a matter of character.

While UND football certainly had more to lose than just a football game with a loss to the ac at that time, I am old enough to remember there was a SIGNIFICANT "f**k you" coming from the entire UND athletic department to the ac, circa 2003 when the ac was hurting for games in all sports at that time.

There is still one principal party involved here whom I'm sure isn't forgetting that.

100% irrelevant. But I was 12.

You will not find many here lining up to watch a "Thank you RT" parade if it were held this weekend.

GT wasn't part of the equation with RT. So now we can use the term vindictive along with many others to describe GT.

Again...this is a character or lack there of issue.

I for one don't want to schedule the game. Actually what I am hoping for would be that UND turns things around and are in the playoffs in a couple of years. Even though Bison fans think it will never happen I am predicting that NDSU has a little bit of a down year and makes the playoffs but has to go on the road. Guess what. Who would of thought it. UND has an opportunity to host a game. NDSU is coming to Grand Forks. That would truly be a classic. In some ways it would be what GT deserves for all his actions the last few years. It would be truly fitting.

While UND football certainly had more to lose than just a football game with a loss to the ac at that time, I am old enough to remember there was a SIGNIFICANT "f**k you" coming from the entire UND athletic department to the ac, circa 2003 when the ac was hurting for games in all sports at that time.

There is still one principal party involved here whom I'm sure isn't forgetting that.

Exactly right, not only a F**K you but holding a press conference to boot. The game does little for NDSU and a lot for UND. UND needs something to jump start their program. That's not an opinion but a fact.

You will not find many here lining up to watch a "Thank you RT" parade if it were held this weekend.

GT wasn't part of the equation with RT. So now we can use the term vindictive along with many others to describe GT.

Again...this is a character or lack there of issue.

Gene was the AD then.

The first game is going to have to happen in the playoffs. Right now it is on UND to get there. After one game, the state of North Dakota will not accept excuses for the game not happening. Until a playoff matchup happens, Gene Taylor can come up with every excuse he wants.

^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Exactly right, not only a F**K you but holding a press conference to boot. The game does little for NDSU and a lot for UND. UND needs something to jump start their program. That's not an opinion but a fact.

So hold a press conf and do the same but quit hiding behind grandma's skirt and pretending to want to make something work.

McFeeley says UND shouldn't be picky in trying to fill out their schedule. UND should just play one game in Fargo and leave it at that for the time being. NDSU is the one that probably shouldn't be so picky. NDSU has had a lot harder time trying to fill out their schedule than UND has had. Thus NDSU is going on the road to Weber State and home games with Ferris State and Incarnate Bible school. Remember McFeeley is into NDSU's kissing butt just like KVLY is.

What a joke? McFeeley needs to get real. Its not anymore of UND's responsibility to get this thing revived than it is NDSUs. NDSU and UND need to act like respectful civil institutions and just agree on a home and home. The fact that Fargo gets the first game could still be looked at as Gene Taylor getting his way, but that's gonna have to happen in some way,shape, or form due to Taylor's arrogant and untrustworthy attitude.

Agreeing to only a single game in Fargo would perhaps be the respectful sacrificial thing to do because were dealing with the incompetence of NDSU, but why go that route? NDSU will have to first lose a bunch so they can get their heads out of their asses and see the light of day.

Playoff meeting it is...

Yep. If the game is so dang important to the UND faithful, start emailing Faison begging him to take the guarantee game.

No one said this game is only important to UND fans (other than delusional yellow buffalo supporters); rather, it's the fact that the emails reveal a deal was made on UND's end but NDSU and Gene Taylor continue to deny it. Even after various compromises by Brian Faison and UND, there are no concrete responses from NDSU. It makes NDSU and it's administration look like even more of a joke.

UND needs to win games to drive attendance. Without winning, the ass kicking UND gave FU in MBB didn't mean much and attendance was about where you'd expect for a .500 team. Same with the 3 wins in baseball and soccer.

The winning season that UND had in WBB and VB drove attendance and interest more than beating FU did. Getting back to the winning ways is more important. I'm actually more concerned about that than getting FU on the schedule. I also feel GT has been put through enough today and should be cut some slack until tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

No one said this game is only important to UND fans (other than delusional yellow buffalo supporters); rather, it's the fact that the emails reveal a deal was made on UND's end but NDSU and Gene Taylor continue to deny it. Even after various compromises by Brian Faison and UND, there are no concrete responses from NDSU. It makes NDSU and it's administration look like even more of a joke.

Hasn't Gene Taylor and Bisonville suffered enough? 0-6 against UND. Another loss could send them into cardiac arrest. Gene Taylor deserves a break. ;)

Glad to see the spin machine is running full force today on reasons for GT backing out of a contract with the terms that he came up with. Apparently something that may or may not have happened over a decade ago involving other people no longer at the table is the clubhouse leader. Doesn't actually explain GT's actions, but why let something let that get in the way of a good excuse.

Say what you want. Google it and see what school keeps coming up in the news related to that story. Like it or not it is what it is. But you must be mental not to see that :lol:

That story has nothing to do with University of North Dakota athletics, in fact, it has very little to do with UND at all. The similarities between athletic department arrogance and cultural/civil respect are minimal at best. Good try - nice to see you represent your Ag school well.

McFeely saying since our football program stinks, is irrelevant in the state NDSU should dictate the terms and we should play the one game offered by Taylor in 2015. He also said NDSU would beat UND 75-0 last year. What about Weber State? I am sure they would have beaten them 75-0, they are irrelevant in the state of Utah, and has a worse team than UND. But a home and home with them is okay. What a joke McFeely is.