SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

UND took Gene's terms on the home and home. and then Gene changed his mind. Who is to say if UND took the 2 games in the Fargodome that Gene wouldn't then demand a third game in the dome before signing the contract? It's a moving target with Gene, why should anyone believe that's changed suddenly?

Take the deal and find out.

If Taylor really wanted the game he would have signed the contract and not change the venue in 2017.

Nobody has ever said Tayor wants the game. Your AD is the one who trys to negotiate this through the media. Regardless--- take the deal to get your foot in the door.

The scheduling of Weber State with a home and away game will haunt GT and his credibility for a long time. GT has talked himself in circles one too many times.

How will this haunt him? He really doesnt care what you think of his credibility.

The scheduling of Weber State with a home and away game will haunt GT and his credibility for a long time. GT has talked himself in circles one too many times.

Why should it haunt GT? Weber is one of the schools that helped us out in our time of need when we needed games during transition. The fact that we already had 6 home games locked up created a home and home opportunity, I'm glad we worked out a deal with them.

NDSU has honored every contract, not sure Gene has much to worry about in regards to credibility.

Nobody has ever said Tayor wants the game. Your AD is the one who trys to negotiate this through the media. Regardless--- take the deal to get your foot in the door.

My comment is in regards to this comment----may be the operative word is REALLY.

If Taylor really wanted the game he would have signed the contract and not change the venue in 2017.

I know "he" doesn't because of either fear of losing to your rival or he still holds a grudge from 03. If it's the latter well it hasn't hurt UND as they are filling up their schedule nicely with DI teams.

Given the history regarding UND and NDSU and their football programs, both schools deserve to host each other at their home stadium. Anyone who disagrees does not understand the history and the rivalry.

I understand the rivalry. Too bad UND forgot what you just stated when they cancelled it. But ----back to the point at hand. If UND wants to get their foot back in the door accept the deal. Pretty simple.

I know "he" doesn't because of either fear of losing to your rival or he still holds a grudge from 03. If it's the latter well it hasn't hurt UND as they are filling up their schedule nicely with DI teams.

Are you really going to keep trying to hang your hat on the----they are afraid of losing? If you are filling your schedule up then quit worrying about playing NDSU.

""And I don’t buy the argument that by playing UND, NDSU is risking a bad loss. Upper echelon programs never think that way.""

Wayne Nelson

So basically NDSU has said they will not play a game in Grand Forks. The only offer NDSU will accept is a game only in Fargo. Gene Taylor is proposing something that will never happen and he knows that. In other words there is no negotiation. The result is Gene Taylor will just have to live with all the bad press he will receive. The resistance he is displaying to resume the rivalry will have consequences in the lasting image people will have of him long after he is gone. The rivalry that has taken place between the two schools for decades has a special spot in the hearts of a lot of North Dakotans. That endured rivalry doesn't deserve to be held just in Fargo. UND has won more games between the schools when they have played so maybe the game should be played only in Grand Forks. Of course that would not be right. The game belongs to both schools and all the people of North Dakota.

with gt's insane logic und should be demanding all womens bball, mens bball, womens vball, baseball, and womens soccer only be played in grand forks???

If you offer 190K per contest I'm betting Gene would be happy to do so.

In other words ther The game belongs to both schools and all the people of North Dakota.

Weird... Why did they quit playing the game then?

This game belongs to Gene now. Brian's complaining in the media has probably only hurt the chances of it getting played.

Like bison73 said... Take the giant guarantee.... Get your foot in the door and then we can see what happens.

My comment is in regards to this comment----may be the operative word is REALLY.

Exactly. Finally NDSU fans admit he is the one holding it up due to his ego.

Weird... Why did they quit playing the game then?

Search the message board you will see this answered many times over.. ultimately it had something to do with NDSU deciding to move on....

This game belongs to Gene now. Brian's complaining in the media has probably only hurt the chances of it getting played.

It is clearly owned by Gene and that could come back to bite him - only time will tell and how does a reporter at the GFH doing a open record request and article - link the AD to complaining in the media - do you think before you type?

Yeah, UND doesn't need the game. They can play Drake and get 6000 paying fans (8000 total with 2000 students) at $20/ticket for a gate of $120,000. They will pay Drake at least that much so at best it is a break even game, or they can play NDSU with 10,000 paying fans at $50/ticket for a gate of $500,000 with nothing to pay NDSU.

NDSU could play Drake and sell 15,000 tickets (19,000 total with 4000 students) at $40/ticket, or they could play UND and get the same gate. Sounds to me like one school needs it worse than the other, and the negotiations show it.

Search the message board you will see this answered many times over.. ultimately it had something to do with NDSU deciding to move on....

It is clearly owned by Gene and that could come back to bite him - only time will tell and how does a reporter at the GFH doing a open record request and article - link the AD to complaining in the media - do you think before you type?

I'm referring to him talking about sending contracts in the past.

Yeah, UND doesn't need the game. They can play Drake and get 6000 paying fans (8000 total with 2000 students) at $20/ticket for a gate of $120,000. They will pay Drake at least that much so at best it is a break even game, or they can play NDSU with 10,000 paying fans at $50/ticket for a gate of $500,000 with nothing to pay NDSU.

NDSU could play Drake and sell 15,000 tickets (19,000 total with 4000 students) at $40/ticket, or they could play UND and get the same gate. Sounds to me like one school needs it worse than the other, and the negotiations show it.

So how was it paying a DII team to fill your schedule? I and other fans enjoyed our full DI schedule. I better not here GT bitch and moan about not finding opponents like he does every year. UND hasn't had a scheduling problem since 2010 when UCA backed out a return home game only to be replaced in 2012 by PSU. UND needs to fill 3 games in the next 4 seasons. They don't need NDSU. Other teams (SDSU, USD, UM, Missouri St, Stony Brook) aren't afraid of home and home games with UND, only the Bison are.

NDSU has all the trump cards right now.and the vast majority of the Bison fan base is totally ambivalent about a game. If the Bison fans cared, it would happen. NDSU needs home games and UND absolutely does not need to be playing the Bison in Fargo repeatedly. So, there is not going to be a game for a long while. Enough on this tired topic.

• Upvote 2

NDSU has all the trump cards right now.and the vast majority of the Bison fan base is totally ambivalent about a game. If the Bison fans cared, it would happen. NDSU needs home games and UND absolutely does not need to be playing the Bison in Fargo repeatedly. So, there is not going to be a game for a long while. Enough on this tired topic.

All the trump cards? UND is a DI counter how was your Ferris State game? If NDSU was a bubble team that partial credit of a game could've costed you a playoff berth. NDSU is not the FBS, so we don't see you as high and mighty as you see yourself. I guess Montana saw us as equals and agreed to a h/h when we were still in the GWFC. I guess Weber is your equal and you wanted a h/h with them. So UND=UM, and NDSU=WSU.

All the trump cards? UND is a DI counter how was your Ferris State game? If NDSU was a bubble team that partial credit of a game could've costed you a playoff berth. NDSU is not the FBS, so we don't see you as high and mighty as you see yourself. I guess Montana saw us as equals and agreed to a h/h when we were still in the GWFC. I guess Weber is your equal and you wanted a h/h with them. So UND=UM, and NDSU=WSU.

Weber and UM don't come with a huge mess like UND would. Don't compare the situations. They are not remotely similar.

NDSU will probably Almost always get in as a bubble team. Similar to Montana. Big name...big attendance...equal money.

Weber and UM don't come with a huge mess like UND would. Don't compare the situations. They are not remotely similar.

NDSU will probably Almost always get in as a bubble team. Similar to Montana. Big name...big attendance...equal money.

Yeah...almost. But the time they don't, kaboom epic BV explosion and this topic will be revived.

I know that they polled the students at NDSU recently - didn't see the results - do you know? (not trolling here - just interested)